Story - Exodus Part 2 | Monria
Screenshots Video Story

Story - Exodus Part 2


13 June 2345 Broodham, Massachusetts SE to an area known as Arkham, Massachusetts.


I am Johnston Murphy Senior investigative reporter for the Chromophoric Chronicle, the worldwide newsource for all world news investigating the unexplained and impossible. I have been following an interesting influx of robed figures into an old abandoned church here. I have been able to interview a member of the town who revealed himself to me as Horace Gasper the town mayor.


He explained to me that about 50 years ago, the 20 year old son of a very wealthy family known as Archibald Crimson III had disappeared one day unexpectedly and under very strange circumstances. It was thought that the boy was kidnapped by someone but that was never found out to be true as there was never an official ransom note. The only thing that was odd was that Archibald always wore a family crest ring but on that day, he was not wearing it. Apparently, he had purposely left the ring with his girlfriend named Danielle Pearson as a gift promising to marry her. The two had known each other all their lives since childhood and were always hanging out together. It was known by all that one day they would be husband and wife and plans were being made. It was the most natural and perfect arrangement. These were two intelligent, full of life wonderful kids growing up together, being best friends and really liking and loving one another. The two families got along and enjoyed each other as well.


For years, the family tried to find out what happened to the boy but to no avail. After countless hundreds of thousands of dollars along with reward money being offered for information leading to the recovery of Archibald, all hope was lost and the search was abandoned. The Crimson’s became recluse and would rarely come out of their estate. Danielle ended up heartbroken and her family left town shortly sometime after to live in New Jersey to be closer to Danielle while she attended college in Princeton.


Danielle was questioned on numerous occasions as to whether she knew the whereabouts of Archibald and as to why he would give her the ring he never took off. She did not know why and only that on that day, he mentioned that he was going to go away for a short time and would be back soon. He never told her where and why, he then handed her the ring and told her to keep it safe.


It was not shortly thereafter that strange happenings began at the house where Archibald lived as well as many strangers showing up in town taking refuge at the local church. Frequent meetings with Archibald’s parents occurred both at the church as well as at their estate.


Occasionally at the manor, it was reported that odd green colored lights radiated from the house and would suddenly vanish as quickly as they came. Many curious people would try to find out what was going on inside the house but could not get close enough. One day, Danielle came back to town having been away for so long and wanted to see the Crimson’s. She made her way back to the estate and it is said she stayed inside the manor for over a week and when she came out, she was never the same. The friendly happy girl some had remembered, it was remarked, had changed completely and she seemed to be having conversations with herself and to her lost Archibald as if he was standing right next to her.


Recounts of the events were scattered and not much was written down, but one thing continued to be whispered over the days and months after she left; she wore that ring around her neck attached to a beautiful silver looking chain and was always touching it ring as if it was a habit or a need. She would mutter some words when she stroked the ring and address Archibald as if he was standing right there next to her. Soon after she too disappeared and was not heard from again. No one knew if she had returned to the manor or if she just left town, one day she was there and the next, gone.
When that final disappearance happened, there was a time when all seemed to return to normal. People stopped visiting the church and the manor and all was quiet for a long time.
One especially dark and cold wintery day about 15 years later a stranger came to town and was asking about the missing boy saying that he had information regarding the whereabouts of young Archibald. He was informed that the boy’s parents still lived in the estate up the road and if he wanted it could be arranged to have him escorted there and someone would take him to visit the family.


The stranger agreed and he was transported by the local sheriff to the estate after arrangements had been made. It was not long after that visit when the strange happenings began to become once again however, this time they were more bizarre. The stranger was never seen coming out of the house or ever again for that matter.


More outsiders began to arrive and visit the church as well as the Crimson Manor. There could be seen up on the hill that odd green light on and off coming from there as well as occasionally from the church.


What happened after that it was told was the first disappearance of one of the townsfolk by the name of Thomas and Frieda Bannister. They were older into their 90’s had lived in town their whole life. One day they were coming home from visiting friends and never made it back to their house. They were eventually found in a side ditch outside of town near Arkham. They were not just found dead in that ditch, but they looked as if they had seen something so horrible they died of fear. There were no signs of struggle and the coroner report stated that there were no identifiable drugs in their body. There was however, a greenish fluid coming out of their pores and no test they ran could identify what the substance was. It was taken to the Miskatonic Institute for further study and that was the last of it.


People wanted to bury this horrible event behind them as this was a peaceful town and nothing like this had ever happened before.


It was there that Mayor Gasper stopped telling me his story and paused for a moment. Looking very nervous, he then said he must excuse himself and attend to Town business. With that he turned and went back to his office building. No matter how much I attempted to meet with him or get him to share more of the story with me he would not render another interview with me saying that he already told me too much. He did say that if I wanted more information, I should go see the Crimson’s Manor and maybe I could find out more from inside the house.