Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Nasty contacted me last night and asked if I would share his situation with the community. He gave me permission to share his own words rather than trying to recreate the story. As a point of information, Nasty owns his own trucking business and travels across the United States.
break-c.png

From Nasty:

"Sorry this is short. I no longer have a laptop or phone. Using hotel computer. My truck caught on fire while I was sleeping in a truck stop just east of Knoxville Sunday evening July 30. I suffered smoke inhalation and 1st degree burns on my right arm, both legs, face and neck.

My insurance replacement phone should be in today sometime. Will be renting a truck soon and heading back home to get my affairs back in order. Literally all I made it out of that truck with was the clothes I was sleeping in, my DL which was by itself in my back pocket, and my laptop. I was able to grab the laptop while diving out of the truck. Couldn't get to my phone so grabbed the laptop due to having all my work info on it. It smashed to the ground. Don't know if it works or not as I do not have a charger for it. High powered pc so have to order one specifically for this machine.

Please let every know and please tell them I will get back as soon as I am able to do so. I may be able to get on this weekend if my wifes charger will work with my machine. I need to log in for a bit soon and get my mind off things. I haven't slept in 3 days.

All of my KISS people know and the NBK as well. I am keeping close contact with Dar, SC, and Granny. Ummm......

I just lost 3/4 of my belongings that I care about and still I can't help but think 'How is this going to affect my customers?' That can't be right. Is there something wrong with me?"

I asked about his Pit Bull dog that travels with him and why he (Nasty) wasn't in the hospital:

"My baby girl was able to jump out with me. Sheriff was kind and kept her in his cruiser until they released me four hours later. She's at the hotel with me now.

Really my oxygen stats came up to 96 on room air, which isn't bad for a heavy smoker. The burns there is really nothing that can be done rather than treat it with ointment and let it heal on it's own. I consider myself lucky. If the driver next to me hadn't have woken me up we wouldn't be having this conversation right now I am sure.

Honestly I was going to rent a truck today and start driving but I am not in the right frame of mind to be out there on the road.

Oh I forgot. Yes you have permission to post it. This is not something I am going to hide from. I'm a diehard trucker. Keep calm and carry on."

break-c.png

We wish you a speedy recovery Nasty, don't overdo it and take care of yourself first. Please keep us updated on how things are going. You know how to get in touch with me.
break-c.png

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG
Hey guys hanging in there. On my new phone now. Burns still stings bit but I've had worse sun burns before. Should be home late Thursday and off for the weekend. Will try to jump on this weekend if possible/practical.

Thanks for the well wishes. Could have been worse but we will get through this.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
That looks awful, and you look a lot less damaged than how it seemed from what you wrote, so that's good. At least the outcome wasn't worse than it was and you and your dog survived. Hope everything else sorts out ok for you too.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
WOW Nasty ... that was bad, I'm glad you survived that for sure. :shock

Anthony Gray Stark

VCAT Team Member
Wow Nasty Glad you and your pit bull made it out that was a big fire i just did a 12hr drive from NYC back home i know tho's long drives can be tiring and tough hope everything works out for the best :cheers2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom