Mission - DSEC: Monria's Untold Story

Discussion in 'Other Hunting Missions' started by StarDrifter, Jul 7, 2016.

1. StarDrifter

StarDrifter Simple, yet Significant MVST Member

There has been a bit of confusion over time regarding the Mission - DSEC: Monria's Untold Story.

This mission involves collecting the lost chapters of Monria's Untold Story.
    There is one Chapter to be found in the Loot of each Monrian Mob Type:

Chapter 1 - Shoggoth
    Chapter 2 - Yog
    Chapter 3 - Cultist
    Chapter 4 - Shub
    Screenshot_2.png
    So Having completed this mission today - I thought I'd confirm that when completed, you retain the Lost Chapters, and receive a reward. Personally I am a little dissapointed in the reward, as it does not reflect the difficulty involved in completing the mission, and in fact is identical in all but name to a Calypso reward you get for doing next to nothing.

Screenshot_5.png Screenshot_6.png
    Chapters are all on display in my Apartment (Cthulhu Basement #3) if you wish to read them, along with the Mission reward.

Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_4.png

2. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

Thanks for posting this Drifter, it's appreciated, and I think it's on the list of things to address with regard to the reward for the effort that's put forth. Others have made the same comment.

On another note, I moved this thread to Hunting Missions. :)

StarDrifter likes this.
  3. sluggo

sluggo Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius Shop Owner

Many folks have expressed disappointment in this mission for the reasons you stated.
    Monria is in discussion with MA about getting this altered.
    The thing is, MA really does NOT like changing rewards once a mission has been put out.
    It causes a variety of problems with logics, not to mention possible animosity, especially when missions are half done and you change parameters on them. Just look at what happened on Cyrene when they attempted that. As far as logics go, the programming can get problematic. Again, look at Cyrene, when missions stopped counting properly and you had to put in a support ticket to get it 'reset' or whatever they did, and would bug out and keep popping up an annoying error message until you figured out which mission in your list was the culprit and delete it. Contrary to what we would wish for, this is quite a bit more complex than, if reward finish = true then reward = XXX, change to YYY.

This issue is being looked into though and hopefully there will be some sort of fix in a next VU.

sluggo

StarDrifter likes this.
  4. StarDrifter

I looked for the best place to post, somehow missed that one :oops

DarkMoonEnigma likes this.
  5. RosaRaine Buns

RosaRaine Buns Well-Known Member

I looted 2 chapter 1s from the shubs ? Thought they just looted chapter 4s .

6. Hovno

Hovno Active Member MVST Member Volunteer Mentor MNAT Staff

As I understand it, the Shubs can drop all of the chapters.

7. sluggo

sluggo Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius Shop Owner

I have hunted everything but shrubs pretty extensively, Im too weak for them yet, and have yet to loot any chapters off of anything. Oh well, Im not much of a reader anyways, momma used to buy me the best books and I just chewed on the covers :)

sluggo

8. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

I'm going to go visit your "basement apartment" in the Cthulhu tower to get a screen shot of each of the 4 Chapters because I'm going to create a thread in the "Other Hunting Missions" section with what you shared here.

Full credit given to the basement apartment owner of course. :D

Do you know if this is the only "other" hunting mission we have besides the 5 stage missions for each of the mobs?

I'll eventually get through the missions, but it will take a long time unless I can advance to more than 48 hrs in a day. :p

Kendra likes this.
  9. StarDrifter

Please ignore "The Gallery" - it is a work in progress :p

Been a long time since I did th beginner missions - can't recall if any of those were hunting related.

10. DarkMoonEnigma

Ok, I hopped in the game and got my screen shots, I'm going to set this up in the "Other Hunting Missions" section so that the information is available for those who have questions about it.

I hope you have sand storm coverage for your basement apartment. :p

11. mastermesh

mastermesh Member

any update on changing the reward? Just got my first log last night

StarDrifter likes this.
  12. DarkMoonEnigma

We are still in talks with MindArk because we want to do something special with this reward, but don't have a definitive ETA on the change as yet. Also, I noticed that you made a comment on getting the first chapter in your apartment thread, and not sure if it's part of your selling activity or not, but these cannot be used by anyone other than the person who loots them. Meaning, selling it or giving it to someone else does not help them in this quest at all, they have to do it on their own.

Kalixt and StarDrifter like this.
  13. Cashmere

Cashmere New Member

Sounds like instead of changing this reward this needs to be the first mission of many in a chain. for a few reasons, the reward is only a harness, there are 6 other pieces, also this would allow for a reason for more hunters to hang out. maybe include getting different body parts from each mob. but it would solve needing to change this mission and provide an opportunity to expand the story line. maybe explain a bit how the leprechauns fit into the grand scheme. And finally a chance to make a really awesome looking set of armor. It makes sense it would look this way if this was the original armor DSEC wore to the moon like the description says. Since CDF mass produces this armor for colonists on calypso, the expanding missions would be what they created after they encountered the dangers of Monria. just my 2 cents

14. Poledra TheWatcher Wolfe

Poledra TheWatcher Wolfe New Member

It looks like you have some interesting ideas. I just started the missions on Monria. I like doing missions and I would be happy to see more of them :) I am looking forward to catching leprechauns.

15. Kalixt

Kalixt New Member

Hello,

anything new related to mission reward ?
    I have part 1 and 2 and I think about return to finish it or at least try to finish it. Its still very hard mission.

16. DarkMoonEnigma

The missing chapters mission is not meant to be easy. The chapters are relatively rare to loot and takes a long time, which is why we are upgrading the reward. Unfortunately, I haven't heard yet when the upgraded reward will be implemented. Ant is still working things out with MindArk. I'll let everyone know when I get an update.

StarDrifter and Kalixt like this.