Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

CultistEvent-0616.png

break-c.png

Banner Created By ...
Anny Thundergirl & DME - Monria Media Team
break-c.png

It was just a regular business day until I was summoned to the DSEC Military Camp to meet with one of the Protectors of Shut'thend. This seemed quite strange, as this had never occurred before, but then it wasn't that long ago when the Protectors of Shut'thend showed up on Monria. For a long time, K'Tan Partathus, Arch Follower of Cthulhu was Master over the Cultists. As we continued to show our increased strength and power in combat with all creatures, it seems they realized that attempts to take control over us were futile. As such, the Cultists expanded their ranks, presenting an even greater challenge than before.

The Oracles of Shut'thend are seers over the dark and keep the Protectors of Shut'thend informed of any activities within the Moon colony that might cause them challenges in their efforts to control Monria. Of course, the City of R'lyeh is protected by the Guardian of R'lyeh at the center core of Monria's deep abyss where Cthulhu continues to lie in a death-like sleep, dreaming. The Cultists and the Cult of Shut'thend are focused on not only achieving control over Monria, but also the eventual awakening of Cthulhu, which by the way, they have failed at for centuries, even after their exodus from Earth to Monria.

As I approached the Protector of Shut'thend, I had no idea what to expect. I had to ascend a hill to reach him but I wasn't going to pick a bone over position. This had to remain civil and amenable. I know what the Cultists are capable of, and I wasn't up for another encounter the likes of what I had with Jennifer at the Monria Archives & Research Center during discovery of what she and Core were up to.

This turned out to be a warning about the Esoteric Order of Dagon and the Cult of the Skull who recently took up residence on Monria and claimed to have powers from the dark side. The Esoteric Order of Dagon dates back to the 1800s and served the Cultists, but the Cult of the Skull just became known to us when Yidhra DreamWitch engaged them in our previous field battle. They have long worshipped Shub-Nigurrath.

The Protector of Shut'thend warned me that these two cults, either separately or united, will make attempts at distraction and disorientation in order to gain greater footing within the community. Their attempts thus far have been mediocre (although they don't see it that way), and will employ every means possible to persuade community members to cross over to the dark side.

This is where it got a bit disturbing ... the Protector of Shut'thend very directly said that there is only one true cult that possesses the ability to use the dark spells from the ancient grimoire -- Cult of Shut'thend -- but in the next breath revealed that their spells were limited because the ancient grimoire came up missing during their exodus from Earth to Monria in 2346. Knowing this could give us an advantage, I'm not sure why he revealed this to me, other than perhaps thinking one of the new cults might have the grimoire. His demeanor seemed to change as he exhibited more of an angry posture.

He raised his hands and a green glow started to emerge. I knew what this meant from reading the entries in the journal that I found in the ancient file cabinet extracted from the military camp a couple of years ago, and saw it before during my encounter with Jennifer. I was hoping he couldn't detect that my pulse was racing, nor that I might have a surprised look on my face beneath my armor. I knew that I needed to diffuse the level of anger in order to instill more calm.

As I began to speak, I risked taking my armor off to drop the shield and show a level of respect, but also did my best to finesse my way out of something that had the potential to turn disastrous. I didn't know if he thought that one of the new cults on Monria had the grimoire or not (I doubt it), but it raises a lot of questions. This was not the time.

"I appreciate that you are sharing your concern over the two new cults that recently showed up on Monria," I began, "and also that you are giving us warning that we should be wary of them. Let me assure you that as a colony, we have in no way aligned ourselves with them, and in fact, have found even ourselves challenged by their activities. They seem to be able to engage the Yogs and Shubs with tests of our resolve, but so far, we have been able to withstand the assaults."

The glow of green started to dissipate as he lowered his hands. My determination to focus purely on exhibiting non-threatening behavior and calm appears to have worked. As he began to speak, his tone was still firm, but his voice a bit softer. I could only hope that whatever this was would soon be over.

"There is one more thing you should know," he said, "the Cult of Shut'thend will rise on Saturday, June 16th, to not only show solidarity in our loyalty to Cthulhu, but to also show that there is only one reigning cult that rules the dark side of the Moon. The Esoteric Order of Dagon and the Cult of the Skull are pretentious and ill-prepared for the true darkness of Monria. They will only continue to be a force of chaos without dark consequences."

"Fair enough," I responded, "and it shouldn't be a surprise then that we will react accordingly." He nodded his head and turned to walk away. As I felt myself exhale, he stopped, and without turning around he said ...

"And by the way, we discovered that Decca made it to Monria."

I found myself unable to move ... I know who Decca is.
break-c.png

EVENT DETAILS

NOTE ABOUT FUTURE MID-MONTH 12 HR EVENTS
The format of our mid-month 12 hr event has changed. We want to give more players an opportunity to be able to win prizes, so we are permanently adding team hunting and mining to the solo hunting. There is no longer a 1k bounty on total globals because our events seem to coincide with other major events. Therefore, the following format will be standard for the mid-month 12 hr events with a variation on the themes. There will still be random global prize giveaways, but not as frequently. There are always those "Expect the Unexpected" moments too. :D
break-c.png

Date | Saturday, June 16th
Time | 12:00 -to- 23:59 Game Time
Location | DSEC Military Camp -- Cultists

RULES & GUIDELINES
  • please ask questions in Monria chat and refrain from PM'ing DME if at all possible
  • be considerate of your fellow participants during the event
  • --- this includes not cluttering the TP area with vehicles and/or landing on top of people
  • --- when going back out into the field, please be considerate of where you land and pick up vehicles
  • random global/hof prizes will be given out during the course of the event, but not as frequently
  • winners can pick up their prizes at the DSEC Military Camp TP when convenient, or at end of event
  • DME will be standing near the TP -- please allow her to initiate all trades
  • make sure to have the Monria chat channel active for instructions and NEXT GLOBAL call-outs
  • TEAMING
  • teams must have the name Monria in the team name to be eligible for prizes
  • please register your Team Name and Team Leader in this thread
  • --- any prizes won will be given to the Team Leader for distribution
  • HEALERS
  • if you hire a healer and don't team, your globals/hofs will count as Solo entries
  • if you team with a healer, or anyone else, your globals/hofs will count as Team entries
  • MINING
  • all of Monria is open to those who wish to participate in the mining portion of the event
  • if you get a claim in an area where you are challenged to excavate it because of mobs ...
  • --- ask in Monria chat to see if any of our MCAT members are available to assist
break-c.png

GUESS THE 12 HR GLOBALS/HOFS TOTAL AND WIN 100 PED
  • post your guess in this thread of what you think the 12 hr combined globals/hofs total will be
  • you only get one guess, and it must be posted prior to the start of the event
  • make sure you check all other guesses so that you don't post the same number
  • edited posts will be disqualified, so think carefully before posting
  • the person coming the closest to the actual total at the end of the event wins
  • globals/hofs are calculated from solo and team hunting on Cultists, and mining
  • the 12 hr globals/hofs total will be added to this post with other results on Sunday
break-c.png

EVENT RESULTS
break-c.png

EVENT PRIZES

Solo Hunting
  • single Highest solo Cultist global/hof -- 250 ped -- Sith Jedi Meister
  • First single Lowest solo Cultist global -- 150 ped -- John Caul Gage
  • Last single Lowest solo Cultist global -- 150 ped -- Gredrrik Alhakekhist Malgar
Team Hunting
  • Highest team Cultist global/hof -- 250 ped -- Spartans on Monria -- Deatz
  • First team Lowest Cultist global -- 150 ped -- CotS on Monria -- Leshrac
  • Last team Lowest Cultist global -- 150 ped -- CotS on Monria -- Leshrac
Mining
  • Highest global/hof on any ore/enmatter -- 250 ped -- Lee Negated Dokken
  • First Lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- 150 ped -- Noz Deadmanwalking Du
  • Last lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- 150 ped -- Noz Deadmanwalking Du
DME's Special Global/HoF Prize -- 100 PED -- Sith Jedi Meister
  • have the first recorded time with a global/hof that has two 9s in it
Guess Total Globals/HoFs (guess = 111 / actual total = 153) --- 100 PED --- Evil Kenc Devil

You can see all of the results in Ant's spread sheet here where individual global/hof totals are included.
break-c.png

RULES ON HOW YOU WIN
  • Solo Hunting, Team Hunting and Mining
  • if you get both the lowest and the highest global/hof ... you win the highest
  • if you win the highest, you are not eligible for either the First or Last lowest global prizes
  • the person who wins the First lowest global can also win the Last lowest global
  • if you get the First lowest global, you can continue hunting or mining toward getting the highest
  • Example ... you get the first lowest global and have the first recorded time
  • --- this means you win the First lowest global prize
  • --- but there's an incentive to continue hunting or mining to see if you can get the highest global/hof
  • --- if you do, then the person who had the lowest global with the time right after yours ...
  • ---------- would win the First lowest global prize
  • you can win prizes in solo/team hunting and mining based on the above rules
  • Anhithe will extract the data from EntropiaLife after the event and determine the winners
  • the results will be added to the first post in this event thread sometime on Sunday
break-c.png

HERE ARE THE COORDINATES FOR THE INCREASED SPAWNS
(increased spawns are in DSEC Military Camp only, but all Cultists count for the event except shared waves)

[35827, 18597, 61]
Protector of Shut'thend -- L50 / 3750 HP
Oracle of Shut'thend -- L42 / 3000 HP
K'Tan Partathus Arch Follower of Cthulhu -- L36 / 2200 HP

[35733, 18287, 64]
Sectator of Shut'thend -- L26 / 1760 HP
Proselyte of Shut'thend -- L24 / 1410 HP
Convert -- L23 / 1130 HP
Catechumen -- L18 / 900 HP

[35995, 17834, 37]
Zeolot -- L15 / 760 HP

[35946, 18000, 36]
Fanatic -- L13 / 660 HP
Enthusiast -- L12 / 620 HP

[36491, 17583, 72]
Devotee -- L11 / 550 HP
Cohort -- L9 / 470 HP
Apostle -- L9 / 410 HP
Adherent -- L7 / 350 HP
break-c.png

INSTRUCTIONS TO CAPTURE THE DSEC MINING CAMP & DSEC MILITARY CAMP CRATER TPs
(formerly known as the South and West Craters)
  • from the DSEC Forensics Crater, go SE to the abandoned mine, follow the road
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- [38487, 19936, 31]
  • --- be mindful that there are Yogs outside the abandoned mine entrance
  • --- they should be mostly off to the left unless someone aggro'd them
  • --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the DSEC Mining Camp crater ... capture the TP and then ...
  • from the DSEC Mining Camp TP follow the road out to the abandoned mine
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- [37744, 17987, 110]
  • --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the DSEC Military Camp crater ... capture the TP and stay for the event
break-c.png

See you on Saturday, June 16th, and don't forget to ...
"
Expect the Unexpected "
break-c.png

REGISTERED TEAMS

Monria MCAT Warriors
Team Leader -- Anthony Gray Stark

CotS on Monria
Team Leader -- Leshrac Kaine Necros

TuSaLuSa salutes Monria
Team Leader -- Deus Skubahta Rui

djmchealz monria
Team Leader -- DJ DJMcFlinty McFlinty

Monria Community Assistance Team
Team Leader -- Gredrrik Alhakekhist Malgar

Spartans on Monria
Team Leader -- Nigel Deatz O'Guiness

dacika Monria
Team Leader -- Elyza Blizzard Gaby

Cull the Cultists Monria Style
Team Leader -- Sith Jedi Meister
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Wohoo, nice event again :)

Cultist is a bit high for me atm, so i am looking for a party.

Any1 want a fresh meat with force in there team??

Keep up the good work DME :jumpclap

The intent with the changes to the mid-month event is to encourage more team hunting, as well as give the miners an opportunity to win some prizes every month as well. I think lower-level players could team hunt and have just as much an opportunity as anyone else while hunting the lower level Cultists.

This brings everyone into the mix for fun. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... I added the increased mob spawn locations and included their Levels and HP in the first post.

Top Bottom