Monria Official Storyline | Conversion to Book PDFs Project

Discussion in 'Monria Storyline | General Discussion' started by DarkMoonEnigma, Apr 22, 2017.

1. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

break-c.png

0._Banner_5_books.jpg
    break-c.png
    The media team has been working on a project for a while now, but still a ways to go. We are in the process of converting all of our storylines into PDF book format, which is a rather involved task since some of the storyline is actually being expanded. For example: The Kipling Chronicles were originally set up at the forum to be story that led to an event, instead of an actual storyline that you would find in a book.

Well, I changed all of that, and wrote The Kipling Chronicles as if it were a book, expanding the content, character development, dialogue, and giving you more to think about. There are 12 chapters, and available to read and download in PDF format ... follow the link below. As each book is completed, a hyperlink will be added to the book title.

Here are the Volumes that we are working on right now:

There are two other unnamed Volumes that we'll be working on as well and we will announce those when we get further into the project. For now, know that we are quite busy behind the scenes developing storyline that brings Monria to life from before the beginning, the beginning, the present and into the future.

The banner in this thread, as well as all of the front and back book covers, and watermark pages in the books, were designed by one very talented "magical muse" as I call her ... "Anny" Divine Thundergirl ... and I am including photos of the book covers that have been completed to date.

1.R. The Kipling Chronicles - Front.jpg 2.R. Journal Entries - Front.jpg 3._Monria_Discovered_-_The_Beginning.jpg 4_Redo._A_Surprising_Core-Kipling_Connection_-_Front.jpg 5._Tales_from_the_Deep_-_Front_.jpg

We are introducing and expanding Monria's Cthulhu Mythos theme in ways that will be more engaging. It may not all happen overnight, but I think we have proven that we persevere and will deliver, we just can't give a definitive date as to when it will all happen. We appreciate your patience, as well as your support.

break-c.png

2. SuperFly

SuperFly Active Member

Wow! Excellent work and very professional layout! Thank you very much! :aok

DarkMoonEnigma likes this.
  3. Onyar Loorden PSS

Onyar Loorden PSS Active Member

That's pretty awesome, can't wait to read the PDF's versions :D Well done to DME and Pinthas, you both did a great job!

DarkMoonEnigma likes this.
  4. OberonNightSeer

OberonNightSeer Monria Wizard Monria Media Team

Obie says: You gotta READ THIS BOOK!!!

[​IMG]

3 Thumbs up!
    -Obie-
    :ninja:ninja:ninja

5. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

I updated the first post with the cover for book 3 (Monria Discovered | The Beginning) which is the book I'm in the process of converting to PDF format now. I also updated the banner in the first post which now reflects all 5 book covers.

Anny did an amazing job, as always ... thank you Anny.

Kingu likes this.
  6. Netvalar

Netvalar Active Member

Are there any plans or has anyone looked into arranging to have completed stories placed on amazon for sale via Kindle??

From what I see of the above PDF if I was placing into Kindle I would add it to kindle unlimited (unlimited members read for free) and set a price of $0.99.

Each book of course would have links to the forum and sign up for game play as a Monrian Born. Some of the community could then write reviews for those books (hopefully 5 star) moving the stories into the top 100 (ok maybe hopeful thinking there).

Other things that can be done if stories were sold on amazon is using the amazon advertising system to promote those books (with links to game and forum). Another product to run FB ads with obviously focused on a different ad group then MMO players.

(if I get my current project completed and worth a damn it would give me something to help marketing of Monria)

Kingu and Kendra like this.
  7. DarkMoonEnigma

Sorry it took so long to respond Net, but as you have probably surmised, we're pretty busy. We have designated January to be our "work on development" month and forego any events. We had the Cyrene Field Trip, but other than that, I too have been busy with storyline and completing book 3 before I get back to events again. We've been reorganizing our calendar, and streamlining some of our programs.

With regard to uploading our Monria books at Amazon, there would be much to consider, not to mention that Entropia Universe is a product of MindArk. It would also require completely reformatting the books using the Kindle application. At this point in time, there is no interest in doing this, but perhaps we can explore what options are available in the future should we change thinking, and when time permits.

We are only two years into our effort to bring Monria in line with our vision, and for now, we want to focus on development and merging the storyline and environment into a more cohesive experience . Ant and I both have our plates full; him behind the scenes mostly, and me on the front lines with community management. We have a lot of ideas of where we want to take Monria, and some of those ideas and suggestions come from the community.

Therefore, everyone should continue to share their thoughts because we do listen. Thank you for the Amazon suggestion, and for your continued support in what we are trying to accomplish. This community is nothing short of amazing, and together we will achieve our goals. The community will also see some of their suggestions in future development. :)

Thanks Net, much appreciated.

nikki taylor likes this.
  8. DarkMoonEnigma

I updated the first post and added a link to book #3 which was just published today -- Feb 3, 2018