My view from the trenches.

Woulfear Runt

Good morning all. Well I made it, I have completed the disciple program. Hit 100% around 3am today. I want to thank all who made it possible. Krazysmitty- mentor...taught me the value of sweating early on. To Okamisama who took me under her wing when I joined Luvcraft SOC.. to Drifter for the early morning team hunts. And the many, many people on the moon who made it fun. Now my observations, change the team hunt with the mentor to just team hunting. Don't know if I added anything to the disciple percent when team hunted. Need a little better explanation when exploring in mining. After 4 weeks I learned that you could select between ores, or EM, or both. I thought I was selecting the different probe quantities I wanted to use. I know this game is about grinding. But can a way be found to transition the new players to it. I think we lose a lot of people because they don't understand this. Having been born 5 or 6 weeks ago, I enjoy the theme and luv the interaction between all the peoples on the moon. Didn't see much of it on Caly. The starter areas there are a mess. People running all over without a clue of what to do, or how to do it. Just my two cents worth. Please keep up the great work. I so look forward to future changes and events. Global well and often

Amandil

Good morning all. Well I made it, I have completed the disciple program. Hit 100% around 3am today. I want to thank all who made it possible.... Need a little better explanation when exploring in mining. After 4 weeks I learned that you could select between ores, or EM, or both. I thought I was selecting the different probe quantities I wanted to use... Global well and often

I was mis-using the mining tools as well and a video at youtube helped fix this. There are a couple of good ones there now and figured this post of yours is a good place to mention it. I'm too new here to be allowed to leave links but youtube DOT com is easy to find. Search engine there responds well to word 'Monria' and you can filter to 'past year'

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Grats on your graduation Woulfear :)

I'm not a great miner so I just tend to ask people as I go and I've been here a long time
@Amandil thanks for the link I'll post one of the videos here for you ;) I hope this is it?

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
There is a program called Little Big Mining Log, you can look it up and download it, it's free and a life saver if you are going to mine for a living.

A few cardinal rules.

#1 Don't overlap your drops, there are VERY few reasons to ever do this, you are just wasting ped.
#2 If you see someone else mining in your area - direction, or see someone elses claim hovering, move on. The chances of you hitting there as well are very slim. On this, if they go north, you most certainly can go south, west, etc, just don't walk over their path.
#3 Learn the patterns of your area, YES areas DO have patterns, they can shift sometimes, but they ARE there. Hint: If you dropped in an area 10 times and never found any thing, chances are, dropping 10 more times you are NOT going to find anything there. Yes there ARE dead spots mining.

Mining has a little bit of luck but there is a LOT of skill involved.

Sadly, Monria is not very friendly mining, especially for noobs. Id stick with the rookie finder dropping only a few probes at a time until you get a good solid feel for it or you will be losing lots of money. If you really want to learn how to spot patterns, clusters, and the stuff, Id seriously recommend hitting Arkadia, say Zone 9D around Celeste Quarry and have at it. The mobs are not that bad and it's a decent area to hit in. If you are Monria Born, you can get free travel to and from Ark on Friday / Sunday so you can make your riches and bring them back here for the daily crafting mission :D

sluggo

Robert iosif

My tiny home. :)

Entropia 2019-04-23 20.09.16.jpg

Top Bottom