Why is it coming out wrong?

New York Rose

Hello,
I have a question about saving pictures out of Fraps.
When I save it from Fraps it comes out normal size but a BMP photo,then I take it to the Windows paint program to convert it to JPEG and it comes out like a tiny thumbnail(See example).
Where is settings in Windows Paint program to change that or even if that is the problem?

I was doing my Shoggoth mission last night and took this. (example) This is how it ended up.

Slogginaway2.jpg

Last edited:

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Windows paint is a neanderthal program compared to anything out there. It's for people who still think AOL is wonderful :)

There are some other graphics programs out there which might work much better for you. Check your resolution though in Paint see if there is any way to capture / convert it at a higher res.

sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
You can set FRAPS to save to any folder you create, and you can set it to save your pics in JPG, PNG, BMP, etc., so it's a FRAPS thing that you manipulate and it's a piece of cake. I use FRAPS exclusively.

When you open up FRAPS, click on the Screenshots tab and you'll find your options down in the lower left. If you click on "Change" under the Screenshots tab, you can change which folder you want to save your photos in.

New York Rose

You can set FRAPS to save to any folder you create, and you can set it to save your pics in JPG, PNG, BMP, etc., so it's a FRAPS thing that you manipulate and it's a piece of cake. I use FRAPS exclusively.

When you open up FRAPS, click on the Screenshots tab and you'll find your options down in the lower left. If you click on "Change" under the Screenshots tab, you can change which folder you want to save your photos in.

Thank You so much for help,both of you! I tried to change the settings on my Fraps but since it was the 'free' version it wouldn't allow me to do it. I will clean that out and put all the contents in a folder,then do a uninstall/reinstall as I think it is just such an old version (4 years) is also cause of freezing ingame.
I also DL'd a program that is interesting,I just have to check that out next time ingame.

Thank You so much for your help..

:groupdance:clap

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
You are quite welcome Rose. I know how frustrating it can get trying to do something SIMPLE, yet every time you have at it another way, some other stupid ass silly other thing makes it not work right.

To be honest, for most of my graphic stuff, I use a very old version of Paint Shop Pro. Before they went all uber 20 level deep menu driven crap trying to imitate Photoshop. Simple yet powerful and does pretty much anything I need.

sluggo

Top Bottom