Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

MonriaTeamAnnivBanner.png

break-c.png
I can only surmise that this past year went so fast because the boss kept adding bullet-points to my work list, and I was warped into a time/space continuum that kept me orbiting the Moon at a high altitude (I'm going to attribute the orbiting part to Obie though because it's hard to know where I am half the time when I'm with him ... I just go with the flow no matter where the Wizard is headed (even if it's surfing the asteroid at Howliing Mine) and enjoy the ride. :D

As a team, we have experienced quite a bit this first year, and have learned some lessons that will support our decision-making going forward. We still have a lot of work to do, but we have a great road map to get us there. I think Ant and I will each be writing a reflections piece prior to our actual anniversary date Saturday, November 26th. His will most likely be about development and our accomplishments with a sprinkle of community thrown in there for good measure, and mine will definitely focus on community.

Join us in this one year celebration to unleash some more random craziness and have a bit of fun. Just remember that the thing to keep in mind is --> we are random, and we don't always show all our cards, so as the motto goes ...

Have Fun & Expect the Unexpected

break-c.png

Week-Long Most Globals/HoFs Event

Dates / Times -- Saturday, Nov 19th -- 00:00 Game Time / to / Friday, Nov 25th -- 23:59 Game Time
break-c.png

HUNTING EVENT
  • Shoggoth -- most Globals/HoFs -- Prize --> Monria Apartment
  • ----- Winner --> Me Really Never
  • Yog -- most Globals/HoFs -- Prize --> Monria Apartment
  • ----- Winner --> Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos
  • Cultist -- most Globals/HoFs -- Prize --> Monria Apartment
  • ----- Winner --> Angel of Shadows
  • Shub -- most Globals/HoFs -- Prize --> Monria Apartment
  • ----- Winner --> Justin Gamer Espozito
  • all mobs count, including bosses, but there will not be a spawn increase for this week-long event
MINING EVENT
  • most Globals/HoFs -- all Ores and Enmatter included -- Prize --> Monria Apartment
  • ----- Winner --> Skoker Shoe Sverpan
ENTROPIA LIFE
  • you must register for these events for your Globals/HoFs to count
  • you can register for the Shoggoth event here
  • you can register for the Yog event here
  • you an register for the Cultist event here
  • you can register for the Shub event here
  • you can register for the Mining event here
  • you can register for the hunting or mining events before or during the event
WINNER DETERMINATION & PRIZE DISTRIBUTION
  • you can only win one apartment
  • if you have the most globals for more than one category ...
  • ----- your first recorded final global will determine the category you win
  • ----- Example -- you have most globals for both Yogs and Cultists
  • ----- if your final Yog global was recorded before your final Cultist global, you win the Yog category
  • ----- the person with the 2nd most globals for the Cultist would win that category
  • DME will distribute apartment prizes at the anniversary party on Saturday, Nov 26th
  • anniversary party will be held at the Monria Hub beginning at 20:00 game time
break-c.png

Nightly Monria Boxing Ring Events
break-c.png

EVENT DETAILS

• Dates -- Friday, Nov 18th through and including Friday, Nov 25th
  • Times -- boxing ring events will be 30 minutes in length each night @ 22:00 game time
  • you must register with the Event Organizer in the West Crater prior to each event
  • the events have already been set up
  • these boxing events are most points accumulated at the end of the event
  • if you die, you can heal and go back into the ring to continue
  • please read the description details for specific information on these varied PvP events
  • Prizes -- Monria Boxing Gloves 12 oz (L) will be awarded at the finish of each event
  • ----- (M) and/or (F) gloves will be swapped out if needed
  • you will also earn some decay in PED at the end of the event
Unfortunately, these events were attended by cheaters that disrupted the overall event, as well as the outcome. There were a few that were played honorable and it would have to be said that Stelios was the overall winner of those events, although a few gave him a run for the stuffing in his boxing gloves. :D
break-c.png

GET YOUR FREE HAIRCUT
break-c.png

FREE HAIRCUT DETAILS

• Amanda Alissanos robinson and Amanda RosaRaine Buns are offering free haircuts
  • ----- (must be something with the name Amanda) :p
  • these free "haircuts only" will be available throughout the event week
  • ----- Saturday, Nov 19th through and including Friday, Nov 25th
  • the haircuts are by appointment only, but we have 2 time zones covered
  • please send a private message to either of them in the game or at the forum to schedule an appt
  • these hairstylists will give you their location when you make your appointment
break-c.png

Anniversary Day Hunting Event on Saturday, Nov 26th
break-c.png

HUNTING EVENT DETAILS
  • event begins Saturday, Nov 26th @ 00:00 game time and ends @ 23:59 game time
  • all Monria mobs will be at increased spawn during the full 24 hours
  • teaming is allowed but teams must have the name Monria in the team name to be eligible for prizes
  • if you hire a healer and don't team, your Globals/HoFs will count as Solo entries
  • if you team with a healer, you are considered a team and your Globals/HoFs will count as Team entries
  • a person can win only one Solo category and one Team category
  • in case of a draw -- the first recorded time wins
  • as in the past, Anhithe will receive extracted data from Entropia Life to determine the winners
  • winners and data will be shared in a thread at the Monria forum on Sunday, Nov 27th
  • prizes will be distributed by DME after winners have been determined and posted
SOLO HUNTING PRIZES
  • Shoggoth
  • Single Highest Global/HoF -- Prize --> 250 PED
  • Single Lowest Global/HoF -- Prize --> 150 PED
  • Yog
  • Cultist
  • Shub
TEAM HUNTING PRIZES
  • Shoggoth
  • Yog
  • Cultist
  • Shub
You can see all of the 24 hour hunting event winners in this thread.
break-c.png

Monria Scavenger Hunt
break-c.png

SCAVENGER HUNT DETAILS -- (totally stealing this idea from Shade and TKoE) :D

• event starts @ 12:00 game time -- event ends at 19:00 game time
  • 10 items will be hidden across Monria
  • the tier numbers will be recorded in a screen shot and published in the 2nd post prior to the start of the event
  • each item will be assigned a coordinating ticket number between 0-9
  • when someone finds an item, you must contact DME for verification in person
  • once the item has been verified, DME will assign the coordinating number from 0-9 to that person
  • each person will receive a reward of 20 PED and allowed to keep the item
  • at the Anniversary Party @ 20:00 game time -- we will perform a Monria Chat countdown 3, 2, 1...
  • the next Monria Global/HoF that pops up will determine the overall Scavenger Hunt winner
  • Example -- if the Monria Global/HoF is 379 PED, the person holding ticket # 9 is the winner
  • ----- if the Monria Global/HoF is 54 PED, the person holding ticket # 4 is the winner
  • the overall Scavenger Hunt Winner will receive a prize of --> 100 PED
Overall Winner of the Scavenger Hunt

You can see the individuals who found the items and collected their 20 PED in the next post, along with getting the associated Ticket # for the drawing. There was an interesting turn of events at the end where only one Moccasin Whip was missing. Apparently, Boki had picked it up thinking someone had dropped it and was watching Monria chat about time running out and one whip was missing. He popped into chat and said he might have the missing whip. He did, and claimed his 20 ped, along with associated Ticket # 3.

Guess what ... in the draw at the party at the Monria Hub, Boki ended up being the overall winner of the Scavenger Hunt and collected an additional 100 PED. After explaining to him what the whip was all about, he decided to join us at the party. You never know how this is going to turn out. :)

The first Monria global after the countdown was 13, and Ticket # 3 was the winner.
break-c.png

Monria "Knockout" Boxing Event
break-c.png

BOXING EVENT DETAILS

• Date/Place -- Saturday, Nov 26th -- Monria Boxing Ring at the West Crater
  • Time -- event starts @ 18:00 game time -- event ends @ 19:00 game time
  • you must register with the Event Organizer at the West Crater prior to the event
  • when registering, please read the event description completely to understand all rules
  • you must use the Monria Boxing Gloves 12 oz (L)
  • you only get one life in this event -- when you die, you cannot re-enter the ring
  • Prizes
  • last 3 players standing will be awarded a pair of Monria Boxing Gloves 36 oz (L)
  • ----- (M) and/or (F) gloves will be swapped out if needed
  • they will also get the bonus prizes set up in the event system
  • the last player standing also gets an additional 100 PED
  • you will also earn some PED from decay at the end of the event
  • DME will distribute the prizes after the event has finished
Event System Ranked Winners -- Most Accumulated Points
  • Naama Naamios Kala -- 1st
  • Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos -- 2nd
  • Justin Gamer Espozito -- 3rd
Last 3 Players Standing -- not considering points
  • Naama Naamios Kala -- 1st -- received Monria Boxing Gloves 36 oz -- 100 PED
  • amanda Alissanos robinson -- 2nd -- received Monria Boxing Gloves 36 oz
  • Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos -- 3rd -- received Monria Boxing Gloves 36 oz
break-c.png

Anniversary Party at the Monria Hub
break-c.png

ANNIVERSARY PARTY DETAILS

• Anniversary Party begins @ 20:00 game time -- Anniversary Party ends @ "whenever"
  • Location --> Monria Hub -- Center Stage
  • Scavenger Hunt Monria Chat Countdown will take place to determine overall scavenger hunt winner
  • Week-Long Most Globals/HoFs Hunting and Mining winners will receive their apartment deeds
  • other random things may occur -- you know how we are :D
  • EVENING WEAR CONTEST
  • wear your most formal outfit for an opportunity to win one of three prizes
  • the Monria Team will be the judges
  • 1st Place Prize -- 250 PED -- Winner -- superraine Raine r456
  • 2nd Place Prize -- 150 PED -- Winner -- Amanda RosaRaine Buns
  • 3rd Place Prize -- 100 PED -- Winner -- amanda Alissanos robinson
  • Honorable Mention -- Maximus Cashicus Profitus -- 50 PED
  • Honorable Mention -- Anthony Gray Stark -- 50 PED
break-c.png

HAVE FUN & EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

SCAVENGER HUNT ITEM TICKETS
break-c.png

TICKET # 0 -- Noz
Ticket-0.jpg

TICKET # 1 -- Kaya Pebbles

Ticket-1.jpg

TICKET # 2 -- Kaya Pebbles
Ticket-2.jpg

TICKET # 3 -- Boki

Ticket-3.jpg

TICKET # 4 -- Maximus Cashicus Profitus

Ticket-4.jpg

TICKET # 5 -- FitzChivalry

Ticket-5.jpg

TICKET # 6 -- Arahantius

Ticket-6.jpg

TICKET # 7 -- Arahantius

Ticket-7.jpg

TICKET # 8 -- Arahantius

Ticket-8.jpg

TICKET # 9 -- Arahantius

Ticket-9.jpg

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
This is going to be fun! :happy I love that there's a little something for everyone!

Can one person win more than one apartment? :devil

LOL ... I knew that question would come up. It was possible in the past, but because we are giving out our last apartments, we are going to stipulate that you can only win one apartment. I will add that to the original post.

Sorry Snow.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
DM you just don't stop do you?

This has been an amazing roller-coaster of a first year and you have raised the bar on events in the whole of the Entropia universe.:aok

and you're right I didn't expect half of it :shock

I can't wait to see what you're going to do next year!!!! :round2

:ecstaticRESPECT :ecstatic

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
HEADS UP ... all prizes for boxing ring events that we create going forward will not have the prizes placed in the event system, but rather given out at the end of each event. It seems that some don't want to follow the rules and use higher damage weapons than the event stipulates ... we will not tolerate cheating.

Participants have documented damage and being killed by other than the weapon required during the event, more than once, so there is proof in print that this has happened for both the Friday and Saturday events so far. It's unfortunate that some are unable to abide by the rules and enjoy the events in the spirit in which they were meant to be enjoyed.

In the future (after this week-long event is over), anyone caught cheating in any of the boxing ring events will be disqualified, and regardless of what ranking they end up with at the end of the event, the prizes will go to those who played by the rules. This is a Monria Management decision.

DxBlueIce

Regarding Yogs: With "increasing all spawns" did you mean "add spawns to the crater"?
Because just the crater spawn changed, the cave spawns are still the same.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Regarding Yogs: With "increasing all spawns" did you mean "add spawns to the crater"?
Because just the crater spawn changed, the cave spawns are still the same.

With regard to Shoggs, Yogs and Cultists, just the crater mob spawns are increased. However, with the Shubs, there's an area near Cave TP 4 where the spawn is increased, and of course in the big area of the Shub Cavern.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I have added the Scavenger Hunt ticket items in the second post. Remember that if you find an item, you must verify the item with DME to collect your 20 PED and get the coordinating ticket number.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I updated the original post with the apartment winners from the week-long most globals/hofs event in hunting and mining. I will be handing out the apartment deeds tonight at the Monria Hub Party at 20:00 game time.

Congratulations to the winners. :)

Top Bottom