13 Yrs & Counting | The sky still looks so alien ...

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

MS9-13yrAnniv.png

break-c.png
It was 13 years ago today when I first stepped foot into our virtual universe at Port Atlantis on Calypso. It was my first experience with an MMORPG and I didn't know what to expect. My brother had played for a month and said I had to check it out. He lasted 3 years, and while we had MindArk put MindStar9 on ice while I'm in this official position with the Monria Team, the spirit of the purple is still alive and the driving force behind DarkMoonEnigma. I became the EU Picture Storyteller in June of 2005, and I'm still going strong.

I'm reserving the wordy details of my journey for the book, but I will share photos from over the years to give you an idea of the wonderful and crazy experiences I've had. I've tried to identify what's what.
break-c.png

MOB CHAT FUN
break-c.png

These were all part of the "Mob Idol Auditions" that I created.

22-DoReMeFaSoHogg.jpg 23-SingingHogg.jpg 24-HoggDuet.jpg 7-MS9-AndSpider.jpg 9-AtroxProwlerIdolAudition1.jpg 6-TriedAgain.jpg

FeffFun-1.jpg FeffFun-2.jpg

Here are some other mob chat encounters.

1-OnWayToOP.jpg 8-SpiderGotEven.jpg FeffFun-6.jpg FeffFun-7.jpg FeffFun-8.jpg ToxieTrance.jpg

PrancerPunk.jpg PrancerPunk2EF.jpg PrancerPunk3EF.jpg PrancerPunk4EF.jpg
break-c.png

MISC BUBBLE CHAT FUN
break-c.png

11-BR-BlownUp.jpg softydivingboard.jpg mec-3_132851.jpg mec-4_136040.jpg ThorifoidTripleThreat.png ThorifoidTripleThreat-NOT.png
break-c.png

THE PURPLE FLEET
break-c.png

ms9s-starbuggy9.jpg ms9-starship9.jpg ms9-starhummer9.jpg ms9-starbull9.jpg ms9-starcraft9.jpg ms9-starracer9.jpg
break-c.png

FUN AT THE PIER ON CORINTH BEACH
break-c.png

The original pier at Corinth where I hosted MindStar Radio DJ shows.
Pier decoration done by T79x

ms9-sigbyoncy-082909.jpg oct-2009-sched.jpg 1-mnm-dancefloorbyt79x.jpg 2-mnm-dancefloorbyt79x.jpg 3-mnm-dancefloorbyt79x.jpg

Moments before servers went down to implement VU.10 with CryEngine2.
A few of us hung out to the very last minute.

5-ms9-endoferaonpier-081609.jpg 7-ms9-endoferaonpier-081609.jpg

Fun at Corinth after VU.10 was implemented with CryEngine2.
I have a gazillion photos, I only chose a few.
I continued to host MSR DJ shows at the pier and created fun events and contests.
We would go inside the PvP Octagon and then run down the pier to
get shot or shoot ourselves on the diving board.
We would have last player standing events in the Octagon with 50 PED prizes.

1-mnm-newlook-vu10.jpg 1-mnm-041610.jpg 1-cybertrash.jpg 1-ms9-bdayfun.jpg 3-ms9-fishfacebdayfun.jpg 6-ms9-bdayfun.jpg 7-ms9-bdayfun.jpg 4-mnm-100909.jpg savannahsms9-design.jpg 2-ms9-fb-082309.jpg 1-mnm-100909.jpg 1-ms9-corinthpiersunset.jpg
break-c.png
I will put random old PE/EU photos in the second and third post. It's cool to see how things were back in the day in comparison to where we are today with graphics and activities.

It's been an amazing 13 years for me, and I'm not stopping anytime soon. MindStar9 may be on ice, but she's always with me in spirit, and it's nice to reminisce now and then.

MS9 can remain in her cryogenic state and continue to freeze her ass off while I'm having fun in my new era of crazy-ass fun with the Monria Team and our amazing community. :grouphug

The purple is still with me, but there's a darker side that you have yet to fully experience. :devil
break-c.png

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Expect the Unexpected
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Awesome 13 years, that is quite a run, and still going strong :)

Thank you, it's been amazing to say the least, and I've had a lot of opportunities, with many in our expansive EU community who have supported me along the way, but no one, bar none, the way that Ant has. He knows what I have accomplished over the years, and he knows what I'm capable of, probably more than I do myself, which is why he allows me the freedom in this partnership to explore possibilities with our amazing Moon community.

The way that he supports me in my efforts to discover what could be, is what I want to do with supporting the potential of where we could go as a community. You guys get it, and we are not short on appreciation for the way that you are traveling this path with us to make Monria the best experience we can deliver.
We have a lot yet to explore together, so thank you for your patience, and most certainly your contributions. :purpleheart

PS ... I will still be adding the additional photos to post 2 and 3. It's just been a busy day for me. :)

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
DM I can't believe I missed this post :duh

It's brilliant I love the old pics :)
I can't wait to see more ;)

The Hoglos singing was hilarious :laugh
:jumpclap:jumpclap

Top Bottom