Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

YogEventBanner-071418.png

break-c.png
During the Kipling/Core discoveries, of which I am about to conclude my research and findings, Goth made it very clear to me that over the course of time and experience, I would learn what my real purpose is for being on Monria. I mostly dismissed his talk as his effort to reinforce the importance of my role in Monria governance with a new team. After all, he has a stake of some sort in the continued defense of Monria, and the only thing I have been able to get out of our chats is speculation on my part that Monria is the origin of his existence, but also that he is definitely not human. He has powers that other entities on Monria do not.

At this point in time, I have no recollection, nor any memory of having participated in anything related to Monria prior to my arrival in November 3012. My continued, non-solicited involvement in the often very strange experiences I'm having makes no sense, nor connects any dots for me. I seem to be a medium for receiving and disseminating information but nothing more revealing than that.

However, mysteries are unraveling and secrets are being exposed at a more rapid pace. The weight of the Moon's energy is tightening its grip on me, like the drawing of an archer's bow. I have learned that my reality can shift without notice, but I never experience a state of panic or fear, despite an initial disorientation. I have come to know these shifts as lessons. Lessons that at least give some explanation with regard to Monria's activities no matter how bizarre they may be, but one thing I can say for certain ... Monria is in more danger than we ever suspected, and I am nowhere near finished reading the ancient journal and what it might bring forth. The grimoire is also still missing, but I have a feeling that there's a more proper name for this book of dark magic and names of the dead.

One of my reality shifts occurred while documenting the results of my experiences with what turned out to be a twisted course of events that has led me down a path of no return. The Kipling/Core saga morphed into something I had never expected. That report will be revealed soon, but in the meantime, I found myself standing in front of the Leader of the Esoteric Order of Dagon, Lee Negated Dokken, in a section of our underground caves. I am now used to the initial disorientation and waited for stability to set in.

Esoteric Order of Dagon represents dark and evil, and Negated has made multiple efforts to turn the Moon's creatures against us in periodic battles, especially the Yogs. I could only imagine what he was cooking up this time because some past efforts have been a bit comical. He appeared to be clenching his teeth, curling his hands into fists, and while I should have been a bit concerned at this point, I was aggravated that I was drawn away from a report that I needed to conclude and get published as soon as possible.

Negated began to look less intense. His jaw relaxed, his eyes weren't so piercing, his body posture less threatening. The air in the cave felt thin, making it more difficult to draw a breath. Goth said to take in every nuance of these experiences because there is much to learn beyond the obvious. My peripheral vision sees nothing but the usual rock formations, but I observe that we are standing in water.

"Hello Negated," I said, "why am I here?" He didn't move and there was no response.

This is where taking it all in has its value, where ordinary more often than not becomes extraordinary. Where there's a need, and for that need to be fulfilled.

Not a moment passed when I heard a voice instruct me to activate my translocator. We all know that the translocators don't work in the cave system. I asked Negated if he heard the voice too. Still no response. Why am I beginning to feel like a conduit. The voice gave me the same instruction a second time, but with more of a firm tone and urgency.

I complied and attempted to activate my translocator, fully expecting it not to work, but to my surprise, it began to spew out billowing clouds that felt magnetic, pulling me forward and backward almost at the same time. I could not stop the action. Not once did Negated budge from his position facing me, but I also found it strange that he didn't comment on the translocation activity.

"You are interfering where you should not be interfering," the voice said. "It will be the cause of the Moon's darkness and evil to continue to rise."

Not long after the voice went silent, a vision appeared at the back of the cave in the direction I was facing. I recognized it as Dagon. It was holographic in nature so I felt no impending danger or fear, dismissing the fact that the dark side possesses magic that could definitely do some harm, but I was curious as to where this was going. Negated continued standing there as stone-faced as before and seemingly immune to what was happening. I decided to speak.

"I know who you are Dagon," I responded, "but not why you needed to speak to me directly. Is Negated not your medium to disseminate your words and do your bidding? Why isn't he participating in this ... whatever this is, and what is the purpose of activating the translocator?"

"You make assumptions and ask too many questions," he replied, "it's best that you listen and take heed because your every decision depends on it. I rule over the Deep Ones, and I have the power to engage them in our efforts to clear Monria of this colony's intrusion and distraction toward achieving our goal of awakening Cthulhu. However, before I do something like that, there are other dark forces at work that may clear the path without employing dire initiatives."

I'm very well aware of the dark forces and evil that inhabit Monria based on my research and discoveries, but it just dawned on me that the dark side may not know just how much I know since no one knows that I found the ancient journal in the recovered file cabinet. I'm hoping the journal leads me to the grimoire before it gets into the hands of those who could do great harm to Monria. I know about the Deep Ones, and that they could present a great danger to us, but I also know about the Great Old Ones who have the ability to keep them in check. I have also learned that there are Great Old Ones who go to battle with us to defend Monria. I just don't know who they are ... yet, and I cannot reveal that I know this.

"What is it you need with me in this moment," I asked?

"You will be facing another challenge soon," he responded. "You can stop the madness before it gets worse, because these challenges will not go away. It's best that you stop digging into matters that are best left alone. There is potential for unleashing unspeakable horrors upon the citizens of Monria."

"We have done just about everything to co-exist and live in peace," I replied, "but our adversaries seem uninterested. This colony deserves the right to continue building and evolving into an even stronger community, and we will defend that right."

"Suit yourself," Dagon replied, "you may not like what you find."

When I have these experiences, I often wonder why I feel no fear, but also why there's such a layer of familiarity to them. With all of the powers that these entities have, it would seem that it would be easy for them to unleash these unspeakable horrors Dagon is speaking of and be done with it, so there has to be more to this than I'm tapped into right now.

Dagon's image began to fade, and the billowing clouds from the translocator started dissipating, never telling me what the purpose was. Things began to get back to ... I'll say a more stable state because normal is not something I would use to describe our experiences on the Moon, but before I turned to leave, it seemed that Dagon had one last message to deliver that I'm sure was an attempt to rattle my cage ...

"I'm really glad that Decca is back with us again ... "

"Hey DM," Negated said, "what's up?"

There are hidden messages in all of this I'm sure. :rolleyes
break-c.png

EVENT DETAILS
break-c.png

Date | Saturday, July 14th
Time | 12:00 -to- 23:59 Game Time
Location | DSEC Mining Camp -- Yogs

RULES & GUIDELINES
  • please ask questions in Monria chat and refrain from PM'ing DME if at all possible
  • be considerate of your fellow participants during the event
  • --- this includes not cluttering the TP area with vehicles and/or landing on top of people
  • --- when going back out into the field, please be considerate of where you land and pick up vehicles
  • random global/hof prizes will be given out during the course of the event, but not as frequently
  • winners can pick up their prizes at the DSEC Mining Camp TP when convenient, or at end of event
  • DME will be standing near the TP -- please allow her to initiate all trades
  • make sure to have the Monria chat channel active for instructions and NEXT GLOBAL call-outs
  • TEAMING
  • teams must have the name Monria in the team name to be eligible for prizes
  • please register your Team Name and Team Leader in this thread
  • --- any prizes won will be given to the Team Leader for distribution
  • HEALERS
  • if you hire a healer and don't team, your globals/hofs will count as Solo entries
  • if you team with a healer, or anyone else, your globals/hofs will count as Team entries
  • MINING
  • all of Monria is open to those who wish to participate in the mining portion of the event
  • if you get a claim in an area where you are challenged to excavate it because of mobs ...
  • --- ask in Monria chat to see if any of our MCAT members are available to assist
break-c.png

GUESS THE 12 HR GLOBALS/HOFS TOTAL AND WIN 100 PED
  • post your guess in this thread of what you think the 12 hr combined globals/hofs total will be
  • you only get one guess, and it must be posted prior to the start of the event
  • make sure you check all other guesses so that you don't post the same number
  • edited posts will be disqualified, so think carefully before posting
  • the person coming the closest to the actual total at the end of the event wins
  • globals/hofs are calculated from solo and team hunting on Yogs, and mining
  • the 12 hr globals/hofs total will be added to this post with other results on Sunday
break-c.png

EVENT RESULTS
break-c.png

EVENT PRIZES

Solo Hunting
  • single Highest solo Yog global/hof -- 250 ped --- chris moneyme mo
  • First single Lowest solo Yog global -- 150 ped --- Deus Skubahta Rui
  • Last single Lowest solo Yog global -- 150 ped --- vitor rotiv3tuga zezere
Team Hunting
  • Highest team Yog global/hof -- 250 ped --- Monria Community Assistance Team
  • First team Lowest Yog global -- 150 ped --- Monria Forever
  • Last team Lowest Yog global -- 150 ped --- Monria Forever
Mining
  • Highest global/hof on any ore/enmatter -- 250 ped --- Fred Ice Issue
  • First Lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- 150 ped --- Alex BGG Leech
  • Last lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- 150 ped --- Noz Deadmanwalking Du
DME's Special Global/HoF Prize -- 100 PED --- no winner
  • have the first recorded time with a global/hof that has two 9s in it
Guess Total Globals/HoFs (guess = 272 / actual total = 263) --- 100 PED --- Georgi Velizari Hristov

You can see all of the results in Ant's spread sheet here where individual global/hof totals are included.
break-c.png

RULES ON HOW YOU WIN
  • Solo Hunting, Team Hunting and Mining
  • if you get both the lowest and the highest global/hof ... you win the highest
  • if you win the highest, you are not eligible for either the First or Last lowest global prizes
  • the person who wins the First lowest global can also win the Last lowest global
  • if you get the First lowest global, you can continue hunting or mining toward getting the highest
  • Example ... you get the first lowest global and have the first recorded time
  • --- this means you win the First lowest global prize
  • --- but there's an incentive to continue hunting or mining to see if you can get the highest global/hof
  • --- if you do, then the person who had the lowest global with the time right after yours ...
  • ---------- would win the First lowest global prize
  • you can win prizes in solo/team hunting and mining based on the above rules
  • Anhithe will extract the data from EntropiaLife after the event and determine the winners
  • the results will be added to the first post in this event thread sometime on Sunday
break-c.png

HERE ARE THE COORDINATES FOR THE INCREASED SPAWNS
(increased spawns are in DSEC Mining Camp only, but all Yogs count for the event except shared loot mobs)

[39121, 17942, 75]
Ghirus The Elder -- Level 35 / HP 2400
Yog Broodmother -- Level 28 / HP 1900

[38499, 18904, 74]
Arbitrator The Vermin -- Level 19 / HP 1500
Vacuity of Perforation -- Level 16 / HP 1300
Persecutor of Abyss -- Level 11 / HP 1050

[38149, 17951, 70]
Yog Penetrator -- Level 6 / HP 477
Yog Ransacker -- Level 6 / HP 382

[38436, 17739, 58]
Arbitrator The Vermin -- Level 19 / HP 1500
Vacuity of Perforation -- Level 16 / HP 1300
Persecutor of Abyss -- Level 11 / HP 1050

[39040, 18908, 94]

[39040, 18908, 94]
Yog Dredger -- Level 5 / HP 305
Yog Tunneler -- Level 5 / HP 244
Yog Gougher -- Level 4 / HP 195

[38663, 18711, 33]
Yog Delver -- Level 3 / HP 156
Yog Burrower -- Level 3 / HP 125
Yog Scraper -- Level 3 / HP 100
Yog Scrub -- Level 3 / HP 80
break-c.png

INSTRUCTIONS TO CAPTURE THE DSEC MINING CAMP & DSEC MILITARY CAMP CRATER TPs
(formerly known as the South and West Craters)
  • from the DSEC Forensics Crater, go SE to the abandoned mine, follow the road
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- [38487, 19936, 31]
  • --- be mindful that there are Yogs outside the abandoned mine entrance
  • --- they should be mostly off to the left unless someone aggro'd them
  • --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the DSEC Mining Camp crater ... capture the TP and then ...
  • from the DSEC Mining Camp TP follow the road out to the abandoned mine
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- [37744, 17987, 110]
  • --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the DSEC Military Camp crater ... capture the TP and stay for the event
break-c.png

See you on Saturday, July 14th, and don't forget to ...
"
Expect the Unexpected "
break-c.png

REGISTERED TEAMS

Monria Community Assistance Team
Team Leader: Gredrrik Alhakekhist Malgar

CotS on Monria
Team Leader: Leshrac KAINE Necros

Monria Forever
Team Leader: Georgi Velizari Hristov

DJhealz Monria
Team Leader: DJMcFlinty

TuSaLuSa salutes Monria
Team Leader: Deus Skubahta Rui

Yogs of Monria
Team Leader: DaJuggernaut (Orion DaJuggernaut Appomattox

SuperFly and Zero on Monria
Team Leader: Leo SuperFly Phoenix

break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a heads up that I reworked the lead-in story because I wasn't happy with it ... that's what happens when I have multiple interruptions that break my creative thought process. Unfortunately, it's unavoidable at this point in time.

This battle has a little something extra to discover that I'm sure will keep at least some of you more engaged.

I never put everything in the event thread. :D

Top Bottom