Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

MS9-DME-14yrAnnv-040219.png

break-c.png
It was April 2, 2005 when I first entered our virtual universe. It was called "Project Entropia" at the time and didn't change names to "Entropia Universe" until much later.

It was my brother (Jamie JetBoyVanderbuilt - avatar name) who had been playing PE for about a month and said that I should check it out. I joined on April 2, 2005 which also happens to be his real life birthday. He stopped playing after a few years and went on to other things, but I just couldn't leave.

Jetboy.jpg MS9-JetBoy.jpg

My journey over the years has been nothing short of amazing, with many unexpected experiences that took me in directions that evolved who I was then, into the virtual persona I am now. There are many people to thank, but I will name those who have truly given me opportunities to showcase what I love doing the most.

I began writing stories with pictures almost from the beginning of our crazy experiences, and as a result, it was in June of 2005 that I became the EU Picture Storyteller. I loved showcasing the creativity of players, but also took a little liberty with my writing to add a bit of humor and make them more fun. As soon as I can get to it, I will be adding many of these picture stories to our Entropia Archives section at the forum.

MS9-Sig-052707.jpg

I think I was wearing a sombrero even before Ant ... we were destined to work together. :p

In September 2005 I was introduced to Neverdie by Pollus (thank you) and began working with him in preparation for his launch of the original Club Neverdie (CND) that is now known as FOMA. The launch took place on December 19, 2005. I continued to work with Neverdie with regard to event planning and moderating his forum. It was an incredible experience, and he opened some doors for me with regard to media contacts that helped coordinate the first CND Fashion Show that was filmed by a German TV producer to be a part of a pop culture program shown across Germany and France. The experiences working with Neverdie were special, and quite memorable, but I left to do other things in Feb 2007.

cnd-birdseyeview.jpg

Photo of the original Club Neverdie center dome area 2005.​

In 2010, I worked with staff at the EntropiaPlanets forum, and we created the EntropiaTimes magazine. We published 4 issues that were also made into real life issues at the time. They still have a prominent place on my coffee table in real life. I had the opportunity to write many articles and do interviews with Planet Partners and MindArk VIPs. It was an incredible labor of love, and the EP staff I worked with were amazing from concept to production to being pubilshed.

In June of 2011, I was very fortunate to be invited to join the Cyrene Writing Team as an official member of the Cyrene Team. They were still in development of the Cyrene Planet at the time and I spent a good deal of time working with Ed Robles III (Cyrene Developer) on building a Cyrene storyline presence from the original Cyrene storyline that Ed had written. We did it in the form of the Cyrene Covert Ops Series prior to the launch of the planet in order to reveal some sneak peeks at what the community could expect.

I was also working behind the scenes with Ed on developing Cyrene character chronicles, which we needed to do together to coordinate story arc. However, after a year, Ed's time became very limited and it looked like it would be a challenge to continue with our projects, and the Cyrene character chronicles were never published. I made the decision to leave the Cyrene Team, but both Ed and Kris (Dev Mgr) understood my reasons and we parted on very friendly terms. Kris and I work together today on the coordination of our Monria field trips to Cyrene because he always provides special activities.

After leaving the Cyrene Team, I wanted to continue with my media presence within Entropia Universe and showcase possibilities at the hand of a bit of creativity, so I created MindStarMedia (MSM) and MindStar Radio (MSR) to further engage the Entropia Universe community. Syer, who is now Dylan and working officially with the Arkadia Dev Team, was working with me to create a media presence to bring the Entropia experience more to life. His graphics skills, writing and overall crazy humor was a blessing. We spent many hours in sleep deprivation, but that's when the craziness kicked in and it was the most hilarious fun.

ms9-sigbyoncy-082909.jpg

Here are some of the banners from articles I wrote for Calypso and MindArk:

calypsogatewaybanner.jpg calypsonewcraftinginterface-banner-600_179722.jpg calypso-cld-audit-revenue-banner-600.jpg ma-buysbackclds-banner-600.jpg

I did a lot of article writing for Dave Dobson (Owner/Developer of Arkadia), and planned/hosted the launch party at Athena Spaceport the day before the launch of Arkadia.

msr-logoatathenabykruts-100509-2.jpg

Here are some of the banners from articles I wrote for Arkadia:

MktgCampaignBanner.png IFN-MissionRewardsRebalanceBanner.jpg GunnarGlassesBanner.jpg ArkadiaArkoinAuction-2012-602x264.jpg ArkadiaForumAuctionWar-600.jpg
AlienwareHoverPod-Banner2-602x264.jpg ArkadiaCustomShop.png Ark-NewNewbExp.jpg ArkadianSunriseBanner.jpg Arkadia New Enemy Spotted.jpg
Oratan Rising.jpg CrossbowBanner-600.jpg RiptorRampageBanner-600.jpg Onciest-WhosWho-Banner1-602x264.jpg ArkadiaTapsAnother-EU-Talent-Banner-600.jpg
At the time I was running MindStarMedia, I also did an article on Cyrene that showcased what the then Janus City looked like ... I really miss it. It's been gone since they did their reconstruction.

msm-newsportal.jpg

I met Obie (Oberon Nighseer) on Jan 13, 2013 and we were inseparable. I continued the media presence with MindStarMedia until the beginning of October 2013. I then discontinued MindStarMedia and decided to take a semi-break for a while. I mostly logged in to have adventures with Obie.

Fast forward to November 2015 when a sombrero-wearing long-time EU friend decided he wanted to buy a Moon. On November 26, 2015, Ant (Eugenio Anhithe Wilde) became the proud Owner/Manager of Monria. He contacted me shortly thereafter and invited me to join the Monria Team. Part of my contract requirements was to create a Monrian Born avatar that would fit more with our Cthulhu-based Moon theme. We also agreed that using MindStar9 with her EU history would be too distracting and not work so well, so we asked MindArk to put her on ice in a cryogenic state freezing her ass off while I'm in this official role. She's going to have a very long sleep because I'm not going anywhere, but ... I enjoy wearing her purple underwear. :p

I guess you could say that the rest is history, and showcased all over this forum, but I would be remiss if I didn't share some thoughts and feelings ... just a bit. I couldn't say no to Ant, and he is the only reason I came back into Entropia Universe full-time. I didn't know at the time just what an incredible journey it would be for us as a team. His implicit trust in me encourages me and motivates me to do my best for Monria and our community. I am tremendously blessed to have the level of support I have from Ant, and know that no matter what, he has my back, the same as I have his.

We have like minds and have always been on the same page when it comes to Entropia Universe and especially when it comes to Monria. It's community first and foremost, and while our development is not as frequent, we have plenty in the pipeline that will continue to elevate the Monria experience. The evolution of our Moon community (or coMOONity as Shadow says), has been nothing less than a surprise to us. We wanted to build our community from the ground up and not take from other planets, but Monria has grown organically and we have quite the extended Moon family when it comes to friends and allies. We are deeply grateful for the support and continued contributions so many of you have made in an effort to service the needs of our community. Thank You :)

Monria is my forever home, and exactly where I want to be. I have never felt so connected to this universe as much as I do now, nor so supported and embraced by those who get me. I am humbled and appreciate you for being the wonderful individuals that you are, and for forgiving my intensity at times, but I think it's more out of being protective of Monria and its community than anything else. Besides, those who DO get me, know the type of humor that helps to diffuse the intensity at times. Ant and Obie are masters at this. :D

Managing community and wearing as many hats as I do can be overwhelming at times, but you guys help in SO many ways to make it easier. Our Community Initiative Programs (CIP) team leaders and members are nothing less than phenomenal. More people are joining the teams, and our Moon family is expanding.

I'm here for you guys first and foremost, except when Ant needs me to do some weird something or other 😛 ... and I will continue to do my best to make it fun. Ant gave me the title of Chief Fun Officer (CFO), and in a few weeks when I have a LOT more time available, I'm going to try to kick that into high gear.

Thank you for everything, and for being the best community that we could ever hope for.
break-c.png

I am going to be adding a lot of photos in the next couple of posts that were taken from over the years so that you can have an idea of what it was like back in the day. The social environment was so electric then and the community was so vibrant and creative with their activities and getting people together for crazy times. Ant and I from the beginning have been on a mission to make that happen on Monria. I think we've done a decent job of it so far, but you guys are making it easy.
break-c.png

Enjoy the photo show ... I will get to it soon, I promise. :purpleheart
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

Here are some photos of MindStar9 over the years ...

StarHdShot.jpg 1MS9SexyShot.jpg MS9DrIsIn.jpg
The original MindStar9 -- I had to add the 3rd pic as a result of moderating two forums. :rolleyes

MS9-NewHairStyle-911-121307.jpg ms9-barbiestar9.jpg ms9-athena.jpg
1st Ava Change - 2nd Ava Change - 3rd Ava Change
The 3rd photo actually won a consolation prize in EU's Avatar Photo Contest.
break-c.png
Here are some early photos of my brother and I, and Morkeleb BloodMoon Blackspire (Moonie), our closest friend and MS9's virtual mate at the time. We created the JetStar Alliance society named after my brother and I (quite a few people called me Star back in the day), and the three of us had so many crazy adventures.

1FC.jpg 2FC.jpg 3FC.jpg 4FC.jpg

6FC.jpg 8FC.jpg 9FC.jpg
The above 7 photos were taken at Feffoid camps.

Bull-2.jpg Bull-4.jpg Faucer.jpg Feff-1.jpg Gaki.jpg
The above photos are my brother trying to blow up my mobs with his mining.
That was when the probes actually blew up and made explosive sounds.

Hades1.jpg Hades2.jpg Hades3.jpg Hades4.jpg Hades5.jpg Hades6.jpg Hades7.jpg
The above photos are when we were goofing off at Hadesheim, which is now gone.
There are SO many memories at this location, but it got hit by some big-ass missile right
before MindArk converted the system to CryEngine2.

MS9SkalmanShopkeeper2.jpg
While at Hadesheim, I did a quick run into the center market area to see what was for sale.
When I opened up Skalman's shopkeeper, it surprised me to see 10k ped. :secret

JSA-VD-Graphic.jpg
This was the big JSA Valentine's Day event at Club Neverdie before moving on to other things.
This was Valentine's Day 2007, and it was a fantastic event with crazy fun for sure.​
break-c.png

Before MindArk torpedoed the planet to make way for the CryEngine2 conversion, we had a lot of parties on the pier at Corinth Beach. Before and after CryEngine2, the pier was always active with dancing and parties, and contests, and MindStar Radio spinning tunes that began in July of 2009.

Here are a few of the Corinth Beach Pier photos and fun:

2-mnm-dancefloorbyt79x.jpg 3-mnm-dancefloorbyt79x.jpg 2-kiri-ms9-081609.jpg9-ms9-lastmoments-081609.jpg 5-ms9-endoferaonpier-081609.jpg7-ms9-endoferaonpier-081609.jpg
T79x was the mastermind behind decorating the Corinth Pier, it was absolutely brilliant.
One of my dearest friends, Kiri Himes, and I enjoyed time on the pier.
Always plotting our next move, or whatever crazy trouble we could get into. :D

When it got close to when MindArk was going to convert to the CryEngine2, we gathered a
few friends to reminisce about all the great times we had at Corinth Beach and the Pier,
and then the end of an era came as we all lost connection.

4-ms9-pieroftranquility-081609.jpg 2-mnm-040910.jpg 2-mnm-092509.jpg
The new era began with CryEngine2 and there were now 4 piers instead of 2.
This was good news because we could continue making memories.
It was our favorite hangout for parties, dancing and crazy Octagon PvP fun.

7-ms9-fb-082309.jpg4-mnm-100909.jpg 5-fb-glowstickmatch.jpg
On the balcony high above looking down on the new Corinth Beach and Piers.
During my MSR radio shows I would hold events in the Octagon on the Pier.
We've gone as many as 12 rounds with TT weapons with a 50 ped prize for last person standing.

1-cybertrash.jpg 2-ms9-bdayfun.jpg 3-ms9-fishfacebdayfun.jpg 4-cyber-dralind-ms9-bdayfun.jpg 5-ms9-fishface-bdayfun.jpg 7-ms9-bdayfun.jpg
The Octagon was close to the pier and we used to run into the Octagon to activate PvP,
and then run like hell to see if we could make it to the diving board and off the end
before anyone caught up with us and shot us ... LOL ... obviously some of us didn't make it.​

Here are a few special Corinth Pier photos of decorating that some of the party goers did.

2-ms9-fb-082309.jpg savannahsms9-design.jpg 3-ms9-fb-082309.jpg
break-c.png

Here is one of my favorite photos of our fun on the pier at Corinth Beach. It's JD and I, and the timing of the screen shot was perfect with JD reaching for the setting sun ... maybe to stop it before it's gone. :)

4-ms9-jd-sunsetdance.jpg
I will leave you with these photos for now, but will have more time on Wednesday to add a lot more in the next two posts. I'm trying to sort them in groups so that they make sense, so hopefully this works.
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I'm going to load up a lot of photos here, mostly in random order, but will group where I can so that it makes a bit more sense. Some photos just don't need any explanation, while some it's nice to give at least the history of what's going on and why. I'll do my best, but I'm putting a few of you on blast ... especially a few of you who have made comments on FB about being involved in a lot of crazy stuff in the past ... I think you learned fast that my camera was always in play. :p
break-c.png

Here's some fun with CompuSmurf and SoftHart -- RL husband and wife. :p
A few of the photos are from the couples Who's Who I did on them.
I will be adding more of the Who's Who profiles I did on players in the near future.
Oh, and in the last photo, that's Softy on the diving board at Corinth Pier, LOL

1-compgettingeven.jpg 4-compsoftyfalxdance.jpg 11a-cs-softyfalx_397928.jpg 12a-cs-compfalx_701722.jpg 2-compwithoutlegs.jpg 14a-cs-softycomp_942013.jpg

17a-softycomp.jpg 18a-cs-softycomp_75554.jpg softydivingboard.jpg

Just a few more random Octagon photos ... we all liked to play Ring Toss, and
was definitely a favorite past time of Softy's ... she showed no mercy.
Also, we used to do group Ring Toss with a lot of people to see how many we could launch
out of the Octagon at once ... the ubers were pissed that we were getting more Kill HoFs than them.
The third photo is an example of what I'm talking about ... LOL ... guess what?
As soon as my extra free time kicks in soon ...
we're going to play Ring Toss again at the Monria Boxing Ring. :p
And have "Last Person Standing" TT weapon events for ped prizes. :D

givingmoonieammo.jpg innocentbystanders.jpg mnm-syncdeath-061909.jpg

Here are a few extra chat photos you might find fun.
Some have already seen them, but for those who haven't, it's a good laugh I think.

mec-3_132851.jpg mec-4_136040.jpg ms9-blackrainandmoonie.jpg ms9-robotpickup.jpg toxietrance_310262.jpg 11-BR-BlownUp.jpg

I was conducting some Mob Idol Auditions and this is the result

22-DoReMeFaSoHogg.jpg 23-SingingHogg.jpg 24-HoggDuet.jpg 21-SittingUpHogg.jpg 15-JC-HoggMouth.jpg Hogglo-3.jpg

3-1stSpiderKill.jpg 6-TriedAgain.jpg 7-MS9-AndSpider.jpg 8-SpiderGotEven.jpg 9-AtroxProwlerIdolAudition1.jpg 10-AtroxProwlerIdolAudition2.jpg

warpspeed.jpg

Here is some Feffoid fun.

FeffFun-1.jpg FeffFun-2.jpg FeffFun-3.jpg FeffFun-6.jpg FeffFun-7.jpg FeffFun-8.jpg
break-c.png

These are photos from Athena Space Port.
We used to do TP runs to Athena Space Port to help those who didn't have the TP.
This was before vehicles of course, and we had SO much fun.
Everyone would be tuned in to my broadcast on MindStar Radio for instructions.
I gave everyone a TT sword that lit up blue who didn't have one, especially for the runs in the dark.
Back then, we could jump from high places and not die, and it was a ritual to jump from the platforms.

asp-graphic.jpg

We all met at East Scylla Mountains to begin the run.

1-msr-asp-run-090509.jpg 1a-asp-tp-runradar-100309.jpg 2-asp-tp-run-100309.jpg 4-asp-2.jpg 2-asp-101009-theclimb.jpg 5-msr-asp-climbingramp.jpg

5-asp-101009-rampplatform.jpg 5-asp-tp-run-100309.jpg 4-asp-tp-run-100309.jpg 6-asp-101009-tp-arrival.jpg 3-asp-101009-bridgerun.jpg

After we all got onto the platform, we would jump to the water below.
and then swim over a bit and go up to the ledge where we could jump down to Boreas.

7-asp-101009-eastplatform.jpg 6-tp-runformoonie-092809.jpg 8-asp-101009-jumpfromeastplatform.jpg 8-tp-runformoonie-092809.jpg 10-tp-runformoonie-092809.jpg
break-c.png
Ok, that's it for this post, I will add more to the 4th post on Thursday. I'll have more photos from way back in the day that I'm sure might look familiar to some of you. :)
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I added photos and explanations to the 2nd post. I will be adding a lot more on Wednesday. I'm trying to group them the best I can so that they make sense. I have 14 yrs of photos, but I won't be posting them all, LOL ... but plenty of them so that it gives you an idea of how things were and just how nuts it was back in the day too.

When my time frees up toward the end of the month, I plan on kicking my purple ass into high gear and show you guys what it's like to see my creative side unleashed. I'm going to continue with the mid-month events, but in between, my goal is to engage our community more and tire you out. :p

I'm getting ready to really earn my CFO wings. Yes Ant, I will take time for myself. :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I added more photos to the 3rd post ... I'll add more in post 4 on Thursday. :)

SoftHart

Oh, and in the last photo, that's Softy on the diving board at Corinth Pier, LOL

1-compgettingeven.jpg 4-compsoftyfalxdance.jpg 11a-cs-softyfalx_397928.jpg 12a-cs-compfalx_701722.jpg 2-compwithoutlegs.jpg 14a-cs-softycomp_942013.jpg

17a-softycomp.jpg 18a-cs-softycomp_75554.jpg softydivingboard.jpg

Just a few more random Octagon photos ... we all liked to play Ring Toss, and
was definitely a favorite past time of Softy's ... she showed no mercy.
Also, we used to do group Ring Toss with a lot of people to see how many we could launch
out of the Octagon at once ... the ubers were pissed that we were getting more Kill HoFs than them.
The third photo is an example of what I'm talking about ... LOL ... guess what?
As soon as my extra free time kicks in soon ...
we're going to play Ring Toss again at the Monria Boxing Ring. :p
And have "Last Person Standing" TT weapon events for ped prizes. :D

givingmoonieammo.jpg innocentbystanders.jpg mnm-syncdeath-061909.jpg

Seems like a lot of pictures of me are ass up! Definitely my favorite time in EU. Make sure you let me know when the Ring Toss Event is going to be, I'll be there! :jumpclap:wavinghands Just don't invite that Kiri B!t@%. :D

(Not sure which pictures I kept, it doesn't show them when I reply)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Seems like a lot of pictures of me are ass up! Definitely my favorite time in EU. Make sure you let me know when the Ring Toss Event is going to be, I'll be there! :jumpclap:wavinghands Just don't invite that Kiri B!t@%. :D

(Not sure which pictures I kept, it doesn't show them when I reply)

LOL ... I know which ones they are and will fix the quoted post for you when I get back to my computer.

I will definitely make an announcement when the Monria Ring Toss will be in play, as well as the TT weapons "Last Person Standing" events.

I have to invite Kiri and you guys can duke it out. We'll have to get the Irken Invader guys too.

Nice thing with our Monria Boxing Ring is, we have an event organizer for it, so when I do the events there, I can actually set the period of time for the event. It will be free to join, and I'll put the full 100 tickets out there, but people would have to register before the start of the event.

This has been part of my plans for quite some time. I will have more flexibility and more free time in a couple of weeks, and I will sort out a schedule to begin in early May.

This is going to be epic, I can feel it. We'll have to acquire some big-ass grenade launchers because I think those work best for tossing groups out of the ring. :devil

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I fixed your quoted post Softy and added the photos. Pics have to actually be loaded in a post for them to show up. Not sure we can change that or not, I'll ask Ant. :)

Top Bottom