Another member Idea Bonnie Spider Giacomo

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
We were discussing mining in the Monria chat channel and it was mentioned that mining is rather unfriendly to noobs here. In reality, inside rules are rather unfriendly to everyone ... well ALMOST..... everyone...(glare).

With that said hehe...

It was mentioned if we could have a 'noob' area to mine in, a new crater or something. I don't think 'noob area' and inside mining really go hand in hand so much BUT....

What if we were to do a mission chain, where a member can 'learn' of a secret passage outside the dome, and out there, it's outside rules for mining, and then yes it can be a bit noob friendly. Maybe some low level mobs there too.

Also on that, as we develop and grow our moon, this is also a prime opportunity in the future to have PvP area out there too, ie you'd need the toxic shot (its outside the dome afterall right??) and a certain area can be PvP so we have that aspect here as well, and of course we can put some premium ores in the PvP area as well.

All food for thought.

sluggo

Jetman

like the idea of a outside dome idea, maybe the reward for the mission would be a mask or something that allows outdome breathing, death otherwise.
is lootable PVP likely to appeal, especially to miners and with only 1 passage in or out?

sluggo

Shop Owner
See your point on the point in and out, maybe opens up a teleport, or a npc yo give a daily token and he zaps you to the teleport in the middle of it, so it's a safe area around the revive etc, and when you are done you can zap back to normal hunting via the teleport there, but it's a one way trip, once back 'inside' you are done for the day until another token is provided.

We have many ways to play with this one.
thanks for your interest.
sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Interesting concept, always like the fun factor involved with possibilities.

It's good to continue making a list of potential add-ons and suggestions that will improve the Monria experience, but then also keep in mind that there's a budget in place and a need to prioritize. I wish we could just add all the great ideas, but it's a work in progress and it will be interesting to see how our evolution plays out. :)

Bakh Baccus

If the point of such an area is to attract low lvl miners, why not set a lvl limit, just as the Gauntlet? LVL 10 or 8 of either prospecting or surveying?

Instead of just one area, why not make the whole moon, but the domes and the caves open to outside rules mining and possibly hunting?

I like the idea of a mask or some item that would allow one to go outside. There can be two masks - one would decay per each use or continuously (see the Speak MK I); the other - could be crafted using loot or minerals unique to Monria.

The outside area could have a unique boss, instead of mobs. I am thinking some kind of a worm (one of Chuthlu's tenticles).

sluggo

Shop Owner
That's NOT a tentacle :O
Dark is correct in there are budgets and priorities to contend with but the biggest issue is MA.
We could have millons of ped and if MA says no, then that's a done deal.

sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
That's NOT a tentacle :O
Dark is correct in there are budgets and priorities to contend with but the biggest issue is MA.
We could have millons of ped and if MA says no, then that's a done deal.

sluggo

Well, we understand the development process and whether it's something MindArk can do or not. I have a feeling that assessments are made with regard to what's feasible based on economy and balance, along with what's doable with regard to game mechanics. There's a good working relationship in place with MindArk, and I'm sure every consideration is being given to our wants and needs, and how it can fit in, or not.

Top Bottom