so this was bugging me and I can't find the answers anywhere.

Pillzy

Yamato Pilot
What are the broken containers for. I find them all over but cant do anything with them.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I had mentioned in soc chat in the game the other night when you asked that they are part of a quest, at least that is what I was told a while back when I had asked the same question. I said at the time that I was off to see if I could find the NPC, which is supposed to be in the Hub somewhere (I think) and where I was, but I had no luck. I think I posted that in the soc that too, but chat moves so quickly that it's easy to have missed it.

One way or another Pillzy, we'll find out what this is all about, and maybe both of us can pick it up and chalk it off as a quest completed. :)

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
There is a starter mission where you have to go down the cave and locate something from these container as far as I remember, that's if you're talking about the ones in cave 1.
I haven't seen any others

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
There is a starter mission where you have to go down the cave and locate something from these container as far as I remember, that's if you're talking about the ones in cave 1.
I haven't seen any others

Yes, we're talking about Cave 1, but we haven't been able to locate where the NPC is to get the quest.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Hmm I can't remember, I'm thinking it was one of the guys in the main hub on the ground floor?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hmm I can't remember, I'm thinking it was one of the guys in the main hub on the ground floor?

The night Pillzy was asking in soc chat in-game I was actually in the Hub, so said that I would check out the NPCs there to see if I could find one that gave the quest. I didn't, and I think I checked all the NPCs that I could find, but I could have missed one because I got sidetracked when I stepped inside a shop. You know how that is, right? :D

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
As the owner of the moon now, can't you get MA to give you a list of lets say, all active missions, mobs, mining loots etc etc. Kind of like a map or sort of blueprint of the place so you know what's what?

I thing the 'find the broken stuff' was a second part of a mission, I want to think he was downstairs. Shouldn't he have the ! above his head too to give the quest?

sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
As the owner of the moon now, can't you get MA to give you a list of lets say, all active missions, mobs, mining loots etc etc. Kind of like a map or sort of blueprint of the place so you know what's what?

I thing the 'find the broken stuff' was a second part of a mission, I want to think he was downstairs. Shouldn't he have the ! above his head too to give the quest?

sluggo

Ant can check with MA, but I checked all of the NPCs at the Hub and couldn't find anything, so I'm wondering too if it's not a part of a continuing mission chain of what we have already that we haven't finished. I'll continue to work on completing the missions I picked up in the beginning to see if that triggers it. Not like I have anything else to do. :D

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I think it is: Find the equipment - by NPC Andy Greenfield. I'm not sure of the sequence to activate etc so if anyone finds out more please post.

Thanks
Ant

PhoenixX

Isn't that the mission that eventually leads to crafting a monria item? I have vague recollections of doing it, and even vaguer recollections of helping a player. All the mission chains used to be listed on the forum here.. ?

I am starting to think i should do an MDF log about someone in the MDF having escaped those caves; only to discover the entire workforce and station crew had been mysteriously "replaced" lol

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Isn't that the mission that eventually leads to crafting a monria item? I have vague recollections of doing it, and even vaguer recollections of helping a player. All the mission chains used to be listed on the forum here.. ?

I am starting to think i should do an MDF log about someone in the MDF having escaped those caves; only to discover the entire workforce and station crew had been mysteriously "replaced" lol

LOL -- well PhoenixX, whatever you find out would be helpful, and appreciated. I'm trying to advance in my newbie quests, but I have a plate full of (thinking, thinking, thinking --) Monria projects? :p

I'll eventually get there, but I AM at 261 in my 500 crafting, and 645 in my 1000 Shoggoth (those guys love me). :D

sluggo

Shop Owner
I think the crafting monria item is toby's mission, which yes is by my shop. I recall vaguely the details of the other one. I think one of the NPC's was in the hub, kind of just standing alone somewhere, I want to say top floor. You had to go around talking to a few, think another was in crater, and then the cave 1 and I think 2 as well or on the way to it, there are those 'broken' crates, you have to find a number of them for the mission and then continue on.

First new noob we get we can get them going on it and take notes and get better info up here for ya'all to have.

sluggo

Pillzy

Yamato Pilot
So I ended up getting the mission from a gal can't remove her name in the main craiter. If I recall it was the middle of another quest line. I want to say the one where you talk to everyone around the hub.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
So I ended up getting the mission from a gal can't remove her name in the main craiter. If I recall it was the middle of another quest line. I want to say the one where you talk to everyone around the hub.

Oh that's good to know Pillzy. I'll be on the lookout for that then as I go through my quest chains. At the rate I'm going though with all I have to do, it might take a while. :D

sluggo

Shop Owner
With as much as you yap, you should have been a grand master in the mission already :{D

sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
With as much as you yap, you should have been a grand master in the mission already :{D

sluggo

Oh, let me put you on notice Sir, those words come with consequences -- it's a surprise! :D

PhoenixX

It was a pretty noob friendly mission, once you do all the chains all that is left are the iron missions.
Near the end of the all the mission chains was a pretty reasonable 50 kill mission like a baby iron mission; and you got a skill token or similar. Once you are done on all the missions you have a semi rare monria item (UL power unit BP i think? i would have to leaf through my BP books, and possibly a monria ore scanner) Which can craft an item that used to sell pretty well on Calypso if you took the effort to fly it over and post on auction. One of the mission conditions was crafting some of them. At the end of the mission chains all that are left are the iron missions which were 100 kills 1000 kills etc harder each round.

The entire mission chains used to be listed on the forums here somewhere, if the old messages are stored anywhere do a search? --
Edit #2:
http://monria.com/forum/threads/mining-missions.8/
http://monria.com/forum/threads/hunting-missions.7/
http://monria.com/forum/threads/crafting-iron-challenge.101/
http://monria.com/forum/threads/the-new-missions-are-now-live.146/
http://www.entropedia.info/Info.aspx?chart=Mission&name=The_Monria_Arrival
https://account.entropiauniverse.com/news/pages/2013/11/05/7684/index.xml?
And a few more like the daily crafting mission.

Edit #1: All the missions were available from the main terminal area, you start (i think) by chatting to the melancholy guy looking out the window next to the teleporter. This eventually leads to some other guys deeper in the main concourse and main crater. One mission has you hunting down the person in the skull helmet (well back then it was) who is standing just outside main crater under what appears to be a mining rig. You are led on various things from hunting crafting and mining. They were good noob missions as low level players could usually make it as far as the iron missions by the end, even if they couldnt finish the iron missions due to ammo / resource/ decay costs.

Last edited:

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
That brilliant Phoenix :) thanks a mill

Mac

To bad my first time on Monria was so long ago--I had done the one with the broken containers and I'm almost positive I had the first two books chapters of the Monria story too. Now I don't have any and after hours of searching haven't found a single profane wretch--kinda thinking it's a red herring now.

Top Bottom