How to upload your Forum Signature

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Several people have asked how they can upload a forum signature, so I thought I would give the brief instructions here for those who need assistance.

Signature Guidelines:

• the usual signature dimensions are --> 504 x 105 <--
  • however, please use discretion when creating larger signature content
  • videos are not allowed to be placed in signature area
Signature Graphic w/no Hyper-Link Attached:
  • you first need to upload your signature graphic to a 3rd party host
  • there are several 3rd party hosts available such as Photobucket
  • once you have your Signature graphic uploaded to your 3rd party host, find the graphic URL
  • copy the Signature graphic URL to your clipboard
  • click on your avatar name at the top right of the forum to get the drop-down menu
  • click on "Signature" in the drop-down menu
  • in the Signature screen, click on the "Image" icon to the right of the smiley face
  • a pop-up box will ask you to insert the URL to your photo
  • paste in the URL (direct link) to the Signature graphic at your 3rd party host
  • click "Ok" -- then click "Save Changes" and VOILA
Signature Graphic w/Hyper-Link Attached:
  • follow the first 4 steps above
  • after that, you will need to copy and past the following into your signature box
  • Replace { and } with -> left and right brackets [ ] if needed
    {url=hyperlinkhere}{img}directimagelink{/img}{/url}
  • insert the URL link on the left which is your hyper-link attached to the Signature banner
  • insert the direct link URL to the Signature graphic at your 3rd party host
  • click on "Save Changes" below the Signature box and VOILA
Hope this was helpful.

Now let's see some creative Signatures. :D

E8ty2nd

RedWizardHat.com
Shop Owner
Great step-by-step DME.
I am currently working on a few ideas I have right now and as soon as I get the completed images into Photobucket, I will be one of the kool kids :cool:

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
NIce Thread DM I usually get somebody else to do this for me but this is quite empowering thank you :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Update! now my signature features a hyperlink, thx to your excellent guide! :D

That's awesome. nice to see that you stream as well.

I wonder if we can set up a stream thing at the forum - I'll check.

toecutter

That's awesome. nice to see that you stream as well.

I wonder if we can set up a stream thing at the forum - I'll check.
Oh I just started out, just for laughs, but it´s fun and if anything you get to chat and meet with peeps you haven´t met before, was streaming earlier today and 82nd tuned in and chatted for a bit and whilst I was killing them Yog´s (yogotta luv em) I even got a swirley aswell!...so 82nd brings luck! :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Oh I just started out, just for laughs, but it´s fun and if anything you get to chat and meet with peeps you haven´t met before, was streaming earlier today and 82nd tuned in and chatted for a bit and whilst I was killing them Yog´s (yogotta luv em) I even got a swirley aswell!...so 82nd brings luck! :D

Oh that's awesome. I know there's a way to add the stream module, so I'll ask Anhithe about it, and that way, there will be a notice at the forum as to how many are streaming and who as a heads up.

Grats on the swirley. :D

toecutter

Oh that's awesome. I know there's a way to add the stream module, so I'll ask Anhithe about it, and that way, there will be a notice at the forum as to how many are streaming and who as a heads up.

Grats on the swirley. :D
Sounds cool! I´d love to see more streams from Monria! Cheers! :D

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
I love the twitch TV thingy, is it just live streaming?
Or can you record as well? When I followed the link it said you were off line

toecutter

I love the twitch TV thingy, is it just live streaming?
Or can you record as well? When I followed the link it said you were off line

Kendra, I believe you can record the stream aswell...I´m very new to this, just started playing around with this, but just a heads up if you are to record to perhaps put on youtube or something or just have available for your viewers on twitch to look at whilst you are not live streaming...don´t use music as Twitch will remove this coz of fear of copyright infringment or something like that, however I think you can record locally aswell to just have on your computer...and yea, I´ve just been live streaming btw & I am offline atm ;) ...but here´s the great part with clicking follow on someone you want to follow, as you can also check "notify me when streamer goes online" :) Cheers! :D

ps also this stream module that DME talks about would a great way to see is someone streams live whilst visiting this forum! I believe entropiaplanets.com have such a feature :)

Last edited:

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Thanks for that toe cutter I'll follow you and see how that goes, I'm also new to all of this so I'm a wee bit slow :oops:
But it would be excellent to have a twitch section on the forum :cool:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
ps also this stream module that DME talks about would a great way to see is someone streams live whilst visiting this forum! I believe entropiaplanets.com have such a feature :)

Yes, EntropiaPlanets has this module at their forum and I have already brought all of this to Ant's attention, but haven't heard back from him yet. I'm sure he'll get to it when he has a free moment or two to check it out and see if it's something we can do here. I would think we could because we have the same forum application environment.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Thanks a million DoA very helpful link :)

Top Bottom