Monria Newspaper

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hellow,

Another idea i throw here again for the good or the bad..

What about a weekly newspaper frontpage, on the top corner of the forum?
You could open it in one click, it just be a picture relating a big title and some main newsfeed?

Also containing maybe a weekly player interview to continusly share Monria experience, maybe relate Big Hits and the happy winner to be interviewed, and share crazy odd bits and things that happens on the Moon?

Could pick someone as an offcial Moon reporter to work all this out and im sure Shade could easily edit all this with his skills :)

Maybe coming every wednesday so it would leave the window to write and edit all the week-end events.

I think thats something different, easy to use, fun and could help to promote our community :)

-E-

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I like the idea, and I've even talked with Anhithe about a Front Page portal, but we haven't made a decision on that just yet. We will eventually have a Monria Newsletter, and I have several potential projects on my desk as well that relate to highlighting the community. It's part of my job, but that doesn't mean that we can't engage members of the community.

One of my ideas is to form a Monria Media Team, but I need to work out some details on that before I mention anything further. I also need to talk with Anhithe about a few things in that respect too, so when I have something further, I'll be sure to share it here at the forum.

The goal is definitely to showcase the Monrian community and what we're up to, and part of doing that will be what I add as content in the "Community" section at the official Monria website. Things have been incredibly busy behind the scenes, as well as what we're doing in the game, so we sort of work off an agenda and set priorities.

It's interesting to note that several of the ideas that have popped up in the community we have already thought of, but it's a matter of timing.

I'll see if I can't work on this after the St Patrick's Day Event. We have a lot going on with that, as well as a focus on development right now. I wish we could get it done all at once. :D

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
This is very positive :)

I think this shows that like minded people are joining Monria and that the ideas you have spoken about during planning meetings are things that players would be interested in :D

I love to see the way thing are heading:clap
I can see Big Chief Fun Offices with little Indians ;)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Great job Ant yay! Thats perfect :D Youve done a good one here!!

Izz, im just good at pretending :eek:rder But it was already on the list :rolleyes: :hitsthefan

LOL --> that's not the case at all -E-, as Kendra said, we're like-minded. It's exciting to know that there are those in the community on the same page as we are, because that makes it much easier to accomplish our goals.

So, keep an eye out for an announcement soon about the Monria Media Team, and how members of the community can become a part of it to help promote the Moon and our events, activities and other newsworthy content. :D

I actually created a Monria Media section at the forum some time ago in anticipation of expanding it. Ant and I talked about a Newsletter, a Media Team, and other things, so it's just awesome that some in the community are interested. I'm definitely glad you are.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Still playing with it, so if things look a bit different from time to time....

I've added a side panel that will show on the forum index, Article page and article index when our resident streamers are online. Mainly @Angel Of Shadows @toecutter @Eleni Von Estlla atm. If there is anyone else that would like to stream from Monria let us know. Eventually I'd like all the Monria streamers promoted. Would be good to have a few for St Patricks day :p

Ant

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Still playing with it, so if things look a bit different from time to time....

I've added a side panel that will show on the forum index, Article page and article index when our resident streamers are online. Mainly @Angel Of Shadows @toecutter @Eleni Von Estlla atm. If there is anyone else that would like to stream from Monria let us know. Eventually I'd like all the Monria streamers promoted. Would be good to have a few for St Patricks day :p

Ant
Yes i can use my system for St Patrick and ill be in holydays its now definitive so use me. Tho i can only stream OR record as i never figured out how to do both if its possible. @Eleni Von Estlla is a computer N003 :rolleyes

Xander Zan Catman

MindStar9 used to do player interviews for various EU related sites back in the day. I think its a great idea.

One of my most flattered moments was when MS9 asked if I would be interested in being interviewed for her publication....she prepared a list of questions and emailed them to me..... and unfortunately she decided to pull the plug on playing EU before we had a chance to finish up - I never told her how disappointed I was - but she has more then made up for it since then.......she introduced me to this guy I had never heard of before.... Anhithe! Its been all downhill since then. LOL

XZC

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
As we move along, I will be highlighting the community in a lot of ways. I have work to do on the Community page of the Monria website, and my first focus will be the teams that fall under the Community Initiatives Program (CIP), so there will definitely be some exposure there.

I love this community, and the more we engage in building Monria, the more the creative process takes flight. I'm learning just how talented people are, and how eager they are to be helpful. It just amazes me that we have so much potential for where we want to go, and I will tell you right now, that the community is driving me, and feeding me this energy that definitely requires those 48 hours in a day, or is that Ant behind the drive. :D

Thanks for all your work with the space program Xander. You and your TKoE crew are really appreciated.

Netvalar

Also containing maybe a weekly player interview to continusly share Monria experience,
-E-

I think weekly is too often myself , however agree with the interview aspect. My thought is 1 non (CIP)/staff member a month and 1 (CIP)/staff member per month.

Did this with a music community a few years ago hmmm it is 2016 so 9 years is more then a few, anyways just as staff were thinking that the community wasn't interested (I think 5 or 6 months into it) the forums and members profiles were exploding with community activity and new community members were coming in to see their friends interviews.

Now for a gaming community I would think the interview could be done in game with personal chat and streamed for video. That way the interviews would show great graphics and each one can be done in a different part of monria too.

Well that is my 2 pecs thrown in

Top Bottom