Unlocking blueprint comprehension with monria crafting daily

Hey everyone,

I know most ppl unlock BPC with MS repair skilling, I decided to do this with monria crafting daily. I want to show you my result and decide for yourself what's the better way.

I don't know how to create a table so I'm attaching printscreen from spreadsheet I was using to log my results.

In summary it took me 31 days to unlock BPC. I had to cycle 883ped and lost 207ped in the process. But I got EP I bp with qr=100 that's worth between tt+10 to tt+20 and 14ped of limited blueprints. If I would to sell it then I think my loss would be only 170PED. My return rate counted from when I had 90% success rate was only 79% so I think it could be done cheaper. I was probably a bit unlucky.

Anyway my skills looks like this right now:
lvl 10: mechanical eng
lvl 8: longblades/shortblades/laser weap/electronics/metal/armor/tool/attachment/blp weap eng
lvl 7: carpenter/plasma weap/powerfist/gauss weap/projectile launcher/vehicle eng
lvl 6: tailor
lvl 5: enhancer manuf/tier upgrader/material manuf
lvl 3: vehicle structular eng
lvl 1: spacecraft eng

bpc.png

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
That does sound a bit steep there. MA's been greedy lately so that didn't help either I am sure.
I think to do it with welders takes like 12 or 14 of them, I can't remember it's been a long while, so when you factor in the markup on those, the methods are close.

I personally like crafting because you can always get a chance at a nice HOF crafting which puts money back in your pockets, whereas welding is bust a slow burn, no come back to you. Also, if you plan on being a crafter, all the tertiary skills you get help a bunch too not to mention the avalanche of BP's that save you about 50 ped on the AH to get if you were to otherwise purchase them.

Once you get better at it, you can start crafting stuff with a good demand like sheet metal and on good days turn a fairly decent profit.

sluggo

Darth Revan Reborn

Actually i think it only takes around 7-8 RK-5's to unlock BPC...usually you can get an RK-5 plus the welding wire for around 18 ped for a set...so at that it would be around 144 ped to unlock BPC. even if you can only find them for 20ped each...that's still only 160ped...plus it takes less than 31 days provided you can find an active skilling vessel.

However you are mainly only going to gain skills in VSE so the benefit to using the daily crafting is that you get more useful skills out of it.

I do agree that your costs seem quite high...i found that when first starting out crafting with QR1 EP BP, i would lose around 10-12 ped per daily craft...but after around 4 days, it would be only 6-10ped loss and then when the QR is 100 then its usually between 3ped loss to +3ped (profit). Not including rare blueprints or MU in those figures either....also not taking into account any globals or HOF's cause lets face it EP I does not give these :p

So provided you don't have constant bad runs it would still come out to around even between the two methods like Sluggo said....but better skill gains using the daily craft. If you want it quickly though, MS skilling is still the way to go

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
That's great to see a documented example of how to get BPC through crafting...
All we have to do now is get someone to do the same through Repair skilling taking into account their search for a ship ;)

Thanks so much for posting Nagly :)

I do agree that your costs seem quite high...i found that when first starting out crafting with QR1 EP BP, i would lose around 10-12 ped per daily craft...but after around 4 days, it would be only 6-10ped loss and then when the QR is 100 then its usually between 3ped loss to +3ped (profit). Not including rare blueprints or MU in those figures either....also not taking into account any globals or HOF's cause lets face it EP I does not give these :p

I wish my return were +-3PED per day. That high cost was the reason I stopped doing daily and moved to carabok grinding for now :D But I will be back on Monria on Friday and resume - hope I will have better luck this time.

sluggo

Shop Owner
You are correct there Darth, I was thinking how many RK's it took to graduate decipleship, not Blueprint Comp. Although if one is going to go for BPC might as well do the little extra to get the armor out of it too.

sluggo

Luckycharm

...However you are mainly only going to gain skills in VSE so the benefit to using the daily crafting is that you get more useful skills out of it...

Well I have to disagree with this part a bit though. The majority of players gain all these skills repairing:

Intelligence - Attribute cannot be chipped, increasing 0 to 40 is very fast and gains you ½ hp (health), adds to various professions aside from crafting only. I doubt there is a faster & cheaper way to skill this

Vehicle Repairing - Yes vehicle only
Vehicle Technology - Yes vehicle only

Electronics - Huge effect on Electronics Engineer, also some for Robot Investigator, Technology Investigator and vehicles yes

Mechanics - Huge effect on Gunner (Dmg) and Mechanical Engineer, also some for Robot Investigator, Technology Investigator and vehicles yes

Engineering - The one skill that you get from the daily mission reward as well and is good for all sorts of crafting. My loss is usually decent doing the daily mission too, with this I can calculate ahead what a run will cost me :)

Blueprint Comprehension (This is your goal to unlock, but once it happens it skills up very fast repairing)
Serendipity (If unlocked already (Level 30+ on damage professions) this aids to your hp as well and hunting skills)

Darth Revan Reborn

Well I have to disagree with this part a bit though. The majority of players gain all these skills repairing:

Intelligence - Attribute cannot be chipped, increasing 0 to 40 is very fast and gains you ½ hp (health), adds to various professions aside from crafting only. I doubt there is a faster & cheaper way to skill this

Vehicle Repairing - Yes vehicle only
Vehicle Technology - Yes vehicle only

Electronics - Huge effect on Electronics Engineer, also some for Robot Investigator, Technology Investigator and vehicles yes

Mechanics - Huge effect on Gunner (Dmg) and Mechanical Engineer, also some for Robot Investigator, Technology Investigator and vehicles yes

Engineering - The one skill that you get from the daily mission reward as well and is good for all sorts of crafting. My loss is usually decent doing the daily mission too, with this I can calculate ahead what a run will cost me :)

Blueprint Comprehension (This is your goal to unlock, but once it happens it skills up very fast repairing)
Serendipity (If unlocked already (Level 30+ on damage professions) this aids to your hp as well and hunting skills)

I'm not saying that all other skills are completely useless from repairing, indeed you do get many other useful skills as you have pointed out, however the majority of the skills gain are on Vehicle repair and Vehicle tech....which many find to not be useful at all depending on their chosen profession. Doing the daily craft mission, your majority gains are in in Engineering which raises pretty much every other crafting skill. You will also gain skills in what you have chosen to craft...you also don't have to do the EP's if you don't want the skill gains in Mechanical Engineer profession. Doing the daily craft also increases intelligence through crafting (although not as much from my own personal experience).

Essentially many people who do the repair skilling to unlock BPC...usually don't continue the repair skilling after, some do but most don't. Repair skilling use to be a very effective way to increase crafting skills quickly, but that was back when you could 0.0 repair for 24/7 as you didn't really need a pilot to be active...they just had to sit in the chair.
Since that has been removed, I don't think repairing is as effective way as it use to be and that the daily craft is a good alternative, if not better in some ways.

However if you want to get BPC and complete discipleship extremely quickly or gain crafting skills quick...do both!
Daily craft mission plus two repair runs on the Yamato (one after each scheduled warp) and you will be a master craftsman in no time flat!

sluggo

Shop Owner
I believe welding also gave you some mining skills as well as some other combat skills too. The mechanical skills, if you are putting SI into a ship, doesn't that help there too?

sluggo

Top Bottom