Lefty reporting

Lefty

Hi everyone :) Lefty here, planet hopper, intergalactic exploder, oops explorer, helpful general nuisance, brat, and office cat. I steamed through most of Monria's content with gusto a few months ago, met my match midway through the Cultists' cave, and went back to my wandering ways. I still aspire to craft Modecs someday.

What I loved the most about Monria during my visits was the overall hunting experience. Monria's 4 main mobs are aptly tuned to the 4 main levels a hunter looks for (although an easier source of eye oil would have been nice). And overall, hunting on Monria is much more newbie-friendly than most other planets - until said newbie gets bored of hunting the same mob, but better off growing the planet deliberately than trying to asplode.

I'm watching the growth of Monria's trade community with keen interest. Location, location, location, and in my view Monria is that special location. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

I enjoy helping guide new players through the early game. My strongest point is my grasp of weapons and eco, however I am also big on the game's overall social situation, exploring, and Space. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to overall growth from this knowledge base.

Oops, got to run - I see someone in my rearview mirror. Ciao!

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Nice to see you here Lefty, and I'll publicly thank you for all your contributions during our first MNAT class in our classroom chat channel, it was very helpful and added a lot of knowledge to the educational process. It was very welcomed, and I'm hoping you will join us again once we have our classes sorted, maybe even teach a class of your own.

The Moon is progressing, but we've learned from our experiences over the past six months and are in the process of making some changes for the better. We are deliberately moving slow toward our goals, but I think over all, we've made some good strides since taking over the Moon. We pay attention to feedback and suggestions, and do what is possible first based on priorities and what the community wants to see happen.

We'll get there, and we appreciate the patience and support of our community members.

We want to do this right and not rush everything. Experience is our best teacher.

Lefty

Nice to see you here Lefty, and I'll publicly thank you for all your contributions during our first MNAT class in our classroom chat channel, it was very helpful and added a lot of knowledge to the educational process. It was very welcomed, and I'm hoping you will join us again once we have our classes sorted, maybe even teach a class of your own.

The Moon is progressing, but we've learned from our experiences over the past six months and are in the process of making some changes for the better. We are deliberately moving slow toward our goals, but I think over all, we've made some good strides since taking over the Moon. We pay attention to feedback and suggestions, and do what is possible first based on priorities and what the community wants to see happen.

We'll get there, and we appreciate the patience and support of our community members.

We want to do this right and not rush everything. Experience is our best teacher.
Love to. That one MNAT class was fun, I kept that channel open and once schedules are sorted I plan to include MNAT in mine. I have a bit to learn about teaching before I try to offer my own class, so for now I'm more happy assisting.

Maximus Cashicus

Hey Lefty, I think its great to have somebody with a taste for and good knowledge of eco. I'm more a hunt for fun type, but I think eco is important for those starting out to get into the habit of trying to play that way.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Great to see you on the Forum Lefty :)

Lefty

Hey Lefty, I think its great to have somebody with a taste for and good knowledge of eco. I'm more a hunt for fun type, but I think eco is important for those starting out to get into the habit of trying to play that way.
That's exactly the place of eco. While eco doesn't make or break the game, it is a very effective way to ease a new player's travels through the rabbit hole. Bottom line of early game is, if you haven't spent it all just yet, you can continue play after making a mistake, and by continuing play, you facilitate learning. Eco is a tool to make the game take longer, or in other words, to give the player more hours per dime.

Monria's huntables have the correct stats and behavior to facilitate very eco play. This is far from a universal quality of planets. That's one of two reasons I am so quick to call Monria "beginner-friendly". The other reason is the team.

Top Bottom