Monria Event | Shogg & Yog Want Independence

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
All the prizes have been delivered except for Sidekick's half of the team with Gatekeeper, and Rosa's apartment. :)

Fortunas

Wish I could have been there for more of it, but had forgotten how many Windows 10 related issues that laptop had, and discovered still more while trying to get it working properly. On the other hand, bunny sitting went well for the most part.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Too bad you missed it, and yes Win 10 is a pita. At least you spent your time in good company. My brat is my avatar.

sluggo

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
First, DME , thank you for the Shogg and Yog Event. It was alot of fun and I spent the whole 12 hours shooting mostly yogs and some shoggath (except when the game wouldn't let me for a half hour...and it was when I met the whole army of shoggath too...grrrr).

Now, the concern is that I want Monria to be as successful as possible including in its reputation and integrity. If I have negatives/concerns to share with a person or group, I usually share it with them directly and not on a forum or publically. I allows them keep their respect intact and that way, if problems needs to be addressed, their authority is still intact. However, at your request, I am reposting the message I sent to first here now.

So, here is the concern. When we have events on Monria, can they be set up to where the ability level of the players is the first consideration?. Despite publically saying it was fair, if all the facts were left open to consideration, their was a definite bias in the winning solos/teams. They were all very high level players and secondly, most serve in some way administratively.

Rosa got the highest solo with the 302 ped yogsoth. I meet the yogsoth on Thursday night...a lvl 19 and in the cave 2. At level 10 at that time, I was taken out after 2 lunges from it. Anyone under level 18 and not knowing that they highest level mob wasnt in the main crater never had a chance. It was publically mentioned that the mobs in the main crater were the focus of the event but the biggest mob was in cave 2. It could "appear" that someone who serves administratively had an inside scoop where the biggest yog was and with her higher level, took out the highest level mob with the best possiibility of the highest global before the event ever started. Understand, I am not saying this as a slam to Rosa...but I only ever saw the lvl 19 once and there was only one. There are no rules against anyone serving administratively that they cannot benefit from events in gameplay on Monria. In trying to see this whole picture from a younger player's position, the main people who benefited were solos or teams who were higher level players.

Now, normally I wouldn't put this on the forum or any of the threads but at your request, I am writing here so that you/administration please consider what should be considered "fair" for Monria events. Even if someone wanted to do the lvl 19, they would have to be a very high level player to beat it. I don't know the percentages of ranks of players but the people visible on Monria chat are all higher level players and they would have been the only ones to have been able to defeat that lvl mob.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message. It is your choice if you respond or ignore this note but I need to have a clear conscience of what I felt was important to be voiced. This post is not meant to be destructive to anyone in particular including Rosa. I originally only sent this to DME because I didn't want anyone's accomplishments at this event to be diminished but she had asked that I post it here in the forums. lol..Im not even sure if I got the right thread to have posted this on.

Princess Zarnia

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I moved the above post to the event thread where it was more appropriate.

RosaRaine Buns

Well HIYA Zarnia

First off this event is not only for higher players , with shoggs in the mix with the same rewards you could have easily taken them out as a lower level. Second as a lower level player you could have take out the lower level yogs and still could have won first place . They can easily go off very big . If you did not want to hunt yogs because you didnt think you could win first prize because of the level 19 mobs out there , then do yourself a favor and do the Shogg boss level 4.

Now on to you saying I had inside scoop of the big Yogs in cave 2 .That is just crazy thinking. I dont know how you came up with that but Sweet heart that ONE and ONLY Boss yog is always in cave 2 everyone knows that. I am not going to waste my time killing one boss yog when there is a whole BIG SPAWN at MAIN CRATER . Anyone at the event can tell you where they were . I happened to be the person that went pew pew and hit the biggest one during the event .The event is set up as fair as it could be . Anyone could have way out done 302. Its just luck of the draw.

Before you decide to use someone as a example make sure you have all the facts straight.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
It seems that no matter what people do to try to make events as fair as possible, some people are always going to complain it was unfair or a conspiracy if they don't win the big prize. Before you go accusing people of having inside information you might want to put on a clue outfit, get a clue bat, spray on some clue pheromones and stand in the middle of a clue field during clue mating season. Then you might actually get a clue how things work.

MA does not take a persons rank into consideration when they hand out loots / HOFS / Globals, whatever. Many times a 'boss mob' has given ZERO as a reward. The boss mobs spawn in the same place they always do. Also, owners do not control where a mob spawns, MA handles all of that. Ant may be able to say, I want a crowd in the Main Crater but can't say, I want THIS one to spawn at XXX,YYY,ZZZ. To insinuate that the owners of the moon set the event up so that only staff wins is very insulting to say the least.

I was in the mining competition and got beat out by someone using an amp that was smaller than mine. I got beat out by one or two ped I think it was. Does that mean they conspired against me? NO, because it's all handled by MA.

They had a shrub event once, those are too big for me, am I being discriminated against?

Why didn't you ask one of the teams if you could join in if you thought it was so unfair that you can't kill every mob out there. Given who was on that team, I can pretty much guaranTEE they would have let you.

Here's my final words on this subject. I believe they gave out rewards for the LOWEST Global as well. Being 'too small' would have actually been an ADVANTAGE for you there.

However I am sure that if you wanted to put up some of YOUR OWN ped and do an event, that MA, the Moon owners and all involved would be more than happy to try to work with you on it.

sluggo

Deynora

Hey there,

Btw, my highest loot in a team so far was on a L3 broodmother... 358 peds..
As to how to make it fair for everyone?
They did that by offering prices for lowest global (which can be obtained on a L2 shoggoth). First guys to have events conducted in this manner, where they help the community to the best of their ability, offer weapons so everyone can hunt during the events, buy sweat from new monrian born players to help them a bit and you come with this "concern"?
Btw: Im not monrian born, im not part of the administration.
I understand your point of view, but if you want to be helpful please come with a suggestion..
lll read it and be your number one fan.

Hovno

Volunteer Mentor
For the event I made a team with myself and two of my disciples (both of whom are very new to the game)...and we ended up winning both team categories for the 'lowest global' (8ped and 13ped respectively). We didn't win an apartment, but we won 800ped and had a great time....so I really disagree that this event was in anyway geared towards high level folks, especially since drops are totally random.

That being said Zarnia, the next time you feel the urge to make accusations (veiled or not). I'd STRONGLY recommend that a) you have your facts straight, and b) have some actual idea of what you are talking about. Just because you didn't win doesn't mean anything went wrong.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I just wanted to make something clear about the event spawns:
  • we love our MA Engineer first and foremost, he never misses a beat
  • when we have our events, we work with him regarding spawns
  • in this case --> we asked for 4 pockets of mobs
  • pocket 1 = low level Shoggs | pocket 2 = high level Shoggs | pocket 3 = low level Yogs | pocket 4 = high level Yogs
  • we not only request increased spawns, but also ask that all the boss mobs be included in the increased spawn
  • all low level and high level Shoggs and Yogs (including bosses) were in the Main Crater
For our St Patrick's Day Event -- we had all 4 mob types and all levels, including the bosses, in the Main Crater. We design our events for maximum fun and opportunity for all skill levels.

And a few other clarifying factors:

• the only administrative staff is the Monria Management Team
  • everyone else has volunteered to be a member on a Community Initiatives Program (CIP) team
  • each person associated with our teams make great contributions to our community
  • as such, there are benefits as a result, but none include inside information about anything Monria, including events
  • as mentioned, we have no idea what will trigger a Global or HoF, nor what loot will drop when and where
I think reviewing the winning results in the 2nd post of this thread will reveal what Globals and HoFs won prizes. Nowhere else is there an offering of both a "highest" and "lowest" Global/HoF feature for prizes, which gives everyone an opportunity to win some decent prizes. As an example -- Gothgorath hunted the higher level Shoggoth which is still an easy mob to handle and he won an apartment with a 44 ped Global.

The rule was, that a person could only win one prize in any given category, and that's what happened. The fact that some won in more than one category is not only perseverance, but sheer luck.

The other thing I will address is that our Monria chat in the game does not have just higher level players, but many skill levels represented, including our Monrian-born and other new players.

We have a solid community of people who support our vision and goals for the Moon, and we put them first, always, and will develop Monria according to what will work best for them. We do this in partnership with them, and not for them.

Let me extend my personal thank you to all who have made wonderful contributions to our community.

We just couldn't be prouder of those who have chosen to support our efforts. :aok

sidekick069

VCAT Team Member
Zarnia when I met up with you in the crater, and you expressed your concerns about mob lv, I offered to heal you and kept big ones from you. Then you crashed.
Everything in game is just a roulette wheel. If you are at the right place at the right time you hit. I have been playing almost 12 yrs now and it has always been that way.
I am a volunteer to help on the moon and I have no idea what is going to happen till it happens
This is hard to do from my phone sooooo

BTW I really enjoyed talking to u in the crater.

Top Bottom