Monria 2017 | St Patrick's Day (blow your mind) Event

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thanks for a crazy event guys. This was fun (even when I was losing) and I think u guys deserve our gratitude for giving us such an awesome time :D

Thank you TJ ... especially for being such a good sport when I was playing dress up with you at the after party. :D I think it was the hardest I laughed in a long time. You carried on like it was the latest trend, it was brilliant. OMG ...
I'm looking at the photo now and just about falling off my seat.

You gave me a hearty laugh I think when I really needed one. :)

Entropia 2017-03-19 21-07-48-54.png

Glad you had fun, and hope to see you at future events. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thought I would post only a few photos from our 2nd day ... I'm sure Anny will have some to share, she has the Monria Platinum Press Pass (MPPP). :p

Everything was going well, but at the end of the day before the after party at the Monria Hub ... all hell broke loose and Pusherman and Ant were calling for all who could come help because there was something strange going on.

It was all out war with all 4 mob bosses, AND ... an invasion of Level 256 Big Bulk with lots of strange loot ... LOL ... I'm going to filter through the chat log from the whole weekend so you fully understand what I mean.

However, at the very end of the night, we had a visitor, and I SWEAR ... we had nothing to do with this ... this was NOT one of our UNEXPECTED surprises ... this was just brilliantly played by someone who connected with me a while back, and I had NO knowledge that this was going to happen ... see for yourself.

The last PvP boxing ring event we had with the TT Sword.

Entropia 2017-03-19 13-52-59-07.png

Some pics from up at the abandoned mine area when it got crazy.

Entropia 2017-03-19 17-54-21-87.png Entropia 2017-03-19 17-58-15-43.png Entropia 2017-03-19 18-04-50-80.png Entropia 2017-03-19 18-41-56-35.png Entropia 2017-03-19 19-28-33-51.png

Photos from the end of day event after party at the Monria Hub.

Entropia 2017-03-19 19-54-53-47.png Entropia 2017-03-19 20-06-26-20.png Entropia 2017-03-19 20-07-03-01.png Entropia 2017-03-19 20-09-12-39.png

TwiztedJoker (TJ) let me play dress up with him at the after party ...
it was the hardest I had laughed the whole weekend I think ... he was such a good sport. :D

Entropia 2017-03-19 21-07-48-54.png

And this last one is quite bizarre ...

2017-03-20 02:59:12 [#monria] [Azathoth Cthulhu Dreamer] Congratulations, Monria is yours..... for now

(he walked in and walked right out again)
quite scary

Entropia 2017-03-19 22-58-38-94.png

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Gz again Monria team, what a success, everyone seemed to have a brilliant weekend, all of your work and planning really paid off. You did an amazing job!

You weren't so bad yourself MAX working it in the Real world :)

You were fantastic at Gamercon introducing people to Monria and showing off our moon :) at the expense of your own fun at the event!!!!!
You were/ARE Awesome

:ecstatic:ecstaticWE LOVE MAX:ecstatic:ecstatic

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Good Mooooooooorning Monria ....

I might not be fully awake, so please forgive any wonky stuff in print. Who am I kidding I'm an editor. :p

WOW ... that's pretty much all I can say right now ... ok, that's not right either, I was able to remove the duck tape. :D

First, thank you SO much to all of you who converged on Monria to partake in our crazy and chaotic St Patrick's Day weekend event that was full of UNEXPECTED occurrences that kept the Monria chat channel on fire, especially when you guys started getting the "unexpected" and "strange" loot from our mobs.

Ant stuffed their bellies for sure ... well, our MA guys did after Ant purchased a mothership full of items (including from some of our shop owners, like clothing, weapons, and other unexpected things you'd find in our mob loot). I hope some of you (like Killer Bee) perhaps have some screen shots to share of what that loot was ... were any of you expecting to get a body sculpting unit in loot? :eek: ... not on Monria. :p

There were lots of activities throughout the weekend that were great fun, but I think people might more readily remember the unexpected things more, like Massacre Hill after the parade and 30 minutes each of attacks by the Cultist boss mob, the Shub boss mob, and our new L13 shared loot Evil Green Leprechaun that we sprung on everyone (all shared loot). I think this might just be something we do for our events, but we'll learn about that later.

In the meantime ... we also had all 4 boss mobs (not shared loot) up at the abandoned mine entrance and cliff levels in clusters to keep everyone busy, but it was at the end of the day on Sunday when Pusherman discovered an anomaly at the abandoned mine entrance. He and Ant called out for all support we could get there, and what a cool thing that we opened up vehicle usage on Monria in the craters, because flying and road vehicles basically made a b-line there.

The anomaly was that L256 Big Bulks with (yet again) shared "strange loot" had invaded the abandoned mine and were showing up on behalf of Cthulhu to take over the Moon ... ya, right ... THAT didn't happen. :rolleyes

Here's the mushy part ... a HUGE thank you to Ant, Kendra and Pusherman who mostly work tirelessly behind the scenes moving Monria forward. I know that Ant is non-stop with his endeavors toward elevating our Monrian experiences, and I would have to say that so far, he has done an exceptional job. The best partnership and person to work with EVER. Ok, Pinthas and now Anny Thundergirl have become amazing additions too.

I'm going to stop here before I write chapter and verse, and before Ant gets the duck tape out again. :D

Oh, I just want to ask your forgiveness for getting a bit edgy last night at the after party when I was trying to do the countdown to determine the overall Scavenger Hunt winner. Some people had to go to bed because of work in the morning, so I was trying to accommodate that. I certainly didn't want to spoil the Monria chat fun, because you guys sure do bring the fun. I think I was beyond even running on fumes at the time too ... LOL ... no excuse, truth. :p

Thank you for an amazing weekend, and for all the new friends we have, along with seeing so many friends from my previous life that just delighted me to no end.

Here's to more crazy and chaotic times on Monria with all of you. :clap

When I get the chance, I'll post a line-up of coming events. :)

Leodolfr Leon Stronghorse

Oh, I just want to ask your forgiveness for getting a bit edgy last night at the after party when I was trying to do the countdown to determine the overall Scavenger Hunt winner. Some people had to go to bed because of work in the morning, so I was trying to accommodate that. I certainly didn't want to spoil the Monria chat fun, because you guys sure do bring the fun. I think I was beyond even running on fumes at the time too ... LOL ... no excuse, truth. :p

It was a weekend of fun, everyone was laughing and having a great time. At the end of two days many got a bit edgy, and sadly, a few tended towards trolling. The good players that make up the Monrian community did not engage in it. :) We are all glad that you were allowed to do your intro and fire off the countdown. You just couldn't ask for a funnier stealing of thunder, than by Pinthas with his 50K hof. LOL

On another note, Oscar Wilde once wrote "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness." In the virtual world of MMOs, "Lag is the sincerest form of flattery that the players can pay to any Event." There were reports of small bits of lag all weekend. :D It was not bad, just means slightly bigger turnout than last year, or was expected. Great Indication of just how much fun everyone had. :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you for that Leon, it's really appreciated. And oh ya ... I forgot about Pinthas stealing my thunder with his 50K HoF that shocked us all at that moment ... "Expect the Unexpected" ... LOL ... but he's such a great guy, and I love having him as my writing partner for the official Monria storyline, we have lots planned for this community and Monria.

And yes, we had a few people challenges that got sorted (eventually), but over all, it was a grand weekend of fun.

On another note ... I forgot to mention that Ant and I will also be sorting out the issue that happened during the Knockout Boxing Event when Ant was not present because he was being hounded by the press at GamerCon, and I had a system crash, so ... the correct winners still need to be determined, even though I handed out the ped prizes to who seemed to be the 1st and 3rd place winners. I had a chat with Alissanos and she said that she was not one of the last 3 people standing, so she was not paid any prize ped. Unfortunately, these things happen, and we will get it sorted and make it right.

We just ask for a little patience and understanding that some things can't be fixed instantly. This weekend event was our most production-heavy yet, and we started a long time ago putting the details together. We were also at GamerCon which added additional work load, and it's also a major effort to manage everything while it's all in play, but we had fun.

Thank you for any consideration that you can offer, because it helps us to do our jobs better for Monria. :)

On a secondary note ... I want to truly thank Anny Thundergirl for all of her amazing maneuvering over the weekend to capture photos and video footage (I think ... not sure about the video footage). She was in every nook and cranny on the Moon while we were all active with both the regular events and all of the UNEXPECTED stuff that occurred. We are so appreciative of her efforts, and can't wait to see what she comes up with ... I know it will take some time. :)

Maximus Cashicus

It was a weekend of fun, everyone was laughing and having a great time. At the end of two days many got a bit edgy, and sadly, a few tended towards trolling. The good players that make up the Monrian community did not engage in it. :) We are all glad that you were allowed to do your intro and fire off the countdown. You just couldn't ask for a funnier stealing of thunder, than by Pinthas with his 50K hof. LOL

On another note, Oscar Wilde once wrote "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness." In the virtual world of MMOs, "Lag is the sincerest form of flattery that the players can pay to any Event." There were reports of small bits of lag all weekend. :D It was not bad, just means slightly bigger turnout than last year, or was expected. Great Indication of just how much fun everyone had. :D
Oh that mmo spin Of The Oscar Wilde quote was genius, Great post Leon!

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey guys, thanks for the turnout it was great to see on the big screen and we attracted a lot of attention. Out of the booths at Gamercon we were by far the most exciting IMO. There was a lot of interest in us and we had loads of fun.

The team on the day both in game and at Gamercon were outstanding, it just shows how much progress we've made as a community since we invaded Monria! Thank you to everyone who contributed to the fun and helped to spread the word. From twitch streamers, youtube videos, Social Media shares and posts, filming, pictures, having fun in chat and our random craziness (driving boats in the lake ;)). It was all shared with Gamers who were watching and participating throughout.

@Maximus Cashicus was outstanding on the day and must have talked to everyone in the building, between him and @Kendra I'm pretty sure there wasn't anybody there who didn't know us by the end of the weekend. @Pusherman was also on fire and with his own unique brand of I guess you could call it humour, making Monria infamous.......

@Dark Moon Enigma did an amazing job and really held the fort without the normal support team that we have in place for these events with what was by far our most ambitious and risky format to date.

On the boxing front, I was trying to be present during those events as they can be a little tricky but I was called away to do an interview with a video game website. Somehow through all of this I thought I saw this event but perhaps I didn't and called it completely wrong. Apologies, we'll make it right.

I'm still working through the results for the events and will try to get it done as quickly as I can. It's a lot of data though as there was over a thousand hunting globals alone during the weekend so it might take me a little while....

Ant

Top Bottom