Event Suggestions

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Several now have offered suggestions in other threads with regard to event ideas, or suggestions to consider with current events in play. I thought I would make an actual Event Suggestions thread where the community can offer their input or feedback with regard to future Monrian events that they might be interested in, and also offer improvement suggestions so that we can make our events better.

If you have suggestions, ideas, or observance feedback, please post it in this thread.

Thank You

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
How about the 'sluggo' finds a HOF event? or The 'Tithe to sluggo' event, or 'Give sluggo beer' event?
Then again you could do the 'Clothe the Poor' event and give sluggo stuff to wear? :D

slug

lol I hope the day you get a HOF you permanently place it in your signature!!!

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
The kind of things I'm interested in is how we can make our events better as it will be a huge focus for us. If you had a great time then we're happy but we still want to make them even better. Things to consider:
  • How was the spawn mix, maturity and density
  • Did you feel able to participate and have the chance to win something?
  • Is there anything specific to hunting & mining that could improve the fun factor
  • What works and what doesn't
Also crafting events, any ideas on this as I'm a bit stumped tbh!!

Thanks
Ant

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Crafting events are really tough to do Id think. High level stuff leaves many people out. Low level stuff, the chances of a Global is much slimmer. If they ever give us the 'event' thing like other land / planets have, it may be able to track progress better on craft stuff but until then, having to wait for a global to be picked up by ET or screenie is difficult.

One thing that would be good for a crafting event is everyone pretty much has the same chances. In the time allotted, you can only click so many times, no matter who you are, so it's like, ya'all get 1000 clicks, give it your best!

Having everyone craft just one item could hurt the market on that item, unless it's EP or other TT fodder, having everyone craft what they want, could skew the HOF if we were going for highest ding, unless you somehow did it on a multiplier of what they were crafting .vs. base material... however that is more math n stuff. There are ways to make this work and keep it fair for folks of all crafting levels but our biggest hurdle right now would be tracking. Let me think on this a bit see if I can come up with any hairball ideas that might work.

sluggo

Alissanos

VCAT Team Member
The only thing I can think of for a crafting event would be to have everyone at one of the big crafting machines and set the prizes as something like closest global/hof in peds to x amount of peds wins 1st and so on.

That way people can craft whatever they like and aim for whatever prize they think they could possibly win with that bp.

Could also do some fun side prizes such as first to hof or global on a particular bp, lowest global or whatever

Personally I would exclude explosives as its too easy but thats probably just me.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
I don't like EP's either but unfortunately its about 95 percent of what people grind on.

sluggo

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
I never really thought about crafting missions before, crafting doesn't necessarily tend to be eventful considering that you're standing around a machine, :coffee

However if you livened it up a bit by adding other parts to it, it could be more interesting.
For example
1) gather contestants into hub area and state the item to be crafted maybe low level clothes BP
2)everybody then has to go get the BP (this could be a scavenger hunt, people won't waste time trying to collect more than 1 because they will loose time)
3) everybody then gets the ingredients either from shops or Monria Auction (we just make sure there are enough ingredients available)
4) then that craft the item
5) Colour the item and the first one to bring it back gets a prize
6) then you could go on for a global for the next prize

All would have to be supported by Screenshots on the forum where you found the BP, the ingredients and the loot window during crafting and the colour success result when you've coloured the item:)

I really don't know how messy this would be TbH, it sounds a bit like a kids party :dancing

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Keep going, I'm getting some really great inspiration here.

I like the idea of doing some kind of event for crafting, and I'm going to give this serious consideration.

I have a feeling that at some point in time, I might have to create an Event Planning private forum and have select teams that have specific responsibilities to help coordinate event details, because there are a lot of great event ideas that are coming to mind based on suggestions and I think I need a coffee right now to feed the mental frenzy even more. :p

Why an Event Planning private forum?
  • because we want to surprise you with the extras
  • that doesn't include any spontaneous activities/contests that Anhithe throws into the mix during an event
  • ---------- we witnessed that during the West Crater Cultist Event when Count Vamp appeared several times
  • ---------- find Count Vamp and kill him before the time runs out for 50 PED
  • most importantly: because we want lots of fun activity, and I'm going to need help with coordinating it
I'll give this some thought. :D

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
How about a crafting/mining and a crafting/hunting event.

Entrants could be supplied with specific BP's to craft the equipment they need for the second half of the event which is either the mining or hunting.

So for the crafting/mining event you get a finder bp and amp bp (maybe supply your own? Not sure I'm writing this on the fly.) The point is you have to make the things you need and post a screenshot of your crafting statistics at the end of the crafting run to then get your entry accepted to go global in the second half of the event only using what you have made. This way it's more important to make good equipment rather than churn out HOFS of residue and EPs

Have it split into say 3 tiers for low medium and high level players with appropriate level BP's to suit.

Hunting could be done in a similar way but maybe with BP's of weapons and amps matched to appropriate mobs?

I know it's lacking detail but I just thought of it now and typed out the contents of my head lol

I'm sure DME will refine the idea and make it far better than it sounds

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Well, most ppl know I'm mostly into the mining but I also like hunting for taking a break or to get out frustration if I'm having an off mining day. So, I do have a couple of ideas.

This idea is more of a linking together of both hunting and mining...and the work would also mostly be on the MA tech who is working with the Monria event. I would suggest having a small percentage of the event mob being hunted..drop a higher mining amp...lvl 5 and up. I'm just starting to occasionally use amps higher than lvl 7 and although I deposit biweekly, its not a huge amount that more experienced players do like hundreds of dollars. (is about the cost of a good date with dinner for two and a movie or some kind of entertainment afterwards..the money lasts longer too this way than a regular date with my husband..lol.)

So eventually, I will be using higher lvl amps more regularly on my own. However, it the MA tech was able to do this, it would probably get the attention of avid miners from all over EU since higher lvl amps start @200 ped and goes upward from there. That would be a definite expense to do but if it was given good advertising throughout EU, the hunting would cover the costs extended to do this in good measure.

So, that is my latest suggestion ... Other than a fish in an ocean we can hunt on Monria ...lol..I don't know if the landscape will be changing much down the road but I have never given up on the idea that Monria should have an area that is very different from the rest of the dry, desert-like terrain Monria is now ... like a large oasis or body of water. In the storyline, it mentions that Monria long ago was a paradise in its landscape so it was that way (at least in thought) before the cultists did something to change it all...Maybe it can be that way again someday...:)

Lee Negated Dokken

I have never given up on the idea that Monria should have an area that is very different from the rest of the dry, desert-like terrain Monria is now ... like a large oasis or body of water.

Lol, I think the only body of water Monria could support ATM is a sulfur lake. But it would be cool to eventually be able to explore more of the Moon.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I can tell all of you that we have thought of many things in the course of where we want to take Monria, and have been inspired by your suggestions. Some things may be doable and fit the road map that we have already designed, and some things not so much. What I think is important is to once again reiterate that Monria's storyline will be a driving force with where we go with development, and the more the community is drawn into storyline, the more we will see transformations.

However, that said ... as you know, we are not a full planet partner with our own development team like the other planets, so the crucial thing here is a timing factor. We would like to get things implemented a lot faster, but as I have shared in the past, there are two things to keep in mind:

• we rely on MindArk to implement our development ideas
  • everything new we add to the Moon, or the reconstruction we're doing comes with an additional cost
It's not always easy to exhibit patience and allow things to unfold as they will, even for us, but in light of the variables involved here, it's what we have to do. So far, the Monria community has been phenomenal in their understanding, as well as their continued support of our vision for Monria ... we are grateful for this.

We have plenty in the pipeline that will enhance your experiences on the Moon ... it's just a matter of timing. :)

Thank you for continuing to care about Monria and wanting to make it a better experience with your suggestions. :aok

mastermesh

Rocktropia DOES have some crafting missions, etc. Perhaps next field trip over there you can look around at how they are doing it.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
We're not talking about crafting missions but rather "events" ... that's entirely different. Ant has tried crafting "events" and due to things changing over the years with crafting, there is still some things to figure out to make it fair without the prospect of cheating. Ant tried it last year with our St Patrick's Day event, and here is his response to John Capital who had successful crafting events back in the day.

Top Bottom