Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

DME-YogEvent-101417-Banner.png

break-c.png
Twice now, we have claimed victory over the Yogs who seem to think they can take us to task and not have to pay penalties, or experience any consequences. I have to give it to them though, because if they are anything, they are persistent. However, they are delusional if they think that claiming full-on war against us is going to change anything. If there's any effect at all, we will be motivated to fight harder. Their strategy is to walk softly and carry a big stick. :rolleyes

It surprises me though, because Yog-Sothoth is not stupid.

I have a feeling that the Yogs are hiding something and doing their best to distract us. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'll stay focused, because one of these days they'll slip, and I'll be there to whip the truth out of them, like slow torture. They must be gluttons for punishment, or masochistic, because they keep coming back for more.

If this is full-on war, then we will prove that we will not only go the distance, but also break our global record from last time. With their first attempt, we walked away with 506 globals in the 12 hr battle, and in their second attempt, we walked away with 683 globals in the 12 hr battle.

Can we reach 700 or more this time? The challenge is on, but the most important thing is to not allow the Yogs to get the best of us. United we can do this. :aok
break-c.png

Date | Saturday, October 14th
Time | 12:00 -to- 23:59 EU Time
Location | South Crater

Instructions

• show up at the South Crater TP between 11:00 - 12:00 EU time before the event starts
  • see DME to receive ... 5 Loot Pills and 5 H-DNA :D ... a little something to help your progress
  • this is a solo hunting event only, so no teaming
  • make sure to have the Monria chat channel active for instructions throughout the event
  • please ask questions in Monria chat and only PM me if absolutely necessary during the event
  • --- I have to monitor the global tracker and it's easier for me to respond in Monria chat
  • be considerate of your fellow players during the event
  • --- this includes not cluttering the TP area with vehicles and landing on top of people
  • --- and when going back into the field, please be considerate of where you land
  • and yes ... we will have increased Yog spawns in the South Crater
  • --- this includes all named mobs and the bosses
Information on the increased spawn for the event:
  • the progressive Yog pockets as they are now after the reconstruction will remain the same
  • a new increased Yog spawn script has been written so it doesn't interfere with the Yog Wave area
  • the information regarding increased spawns is listed below
  • as you will see, there are 4 locations to better serve player levels
Here are the coordinates for the increased spawns:

[39121, 17942, 75]
Yog Broodmother ... level 24
Yog-Sothoth ... level 19

[38499, 18904, 74]
Arbitrator The Vermin ... level 18
Vacuity of Perforation ... level 16
Persecutor of Abyss ... level 11

[39040, 18908, 94]
Yog Perforator ... level 7
Yog Penetrator ... level 6
Yog Ransacker ... level 6
Yog Tunneler ... level 5
Yog Dredger ... level 5
Yog Gougher ... level 4

[38663, 18711, 33]
Yog Scrub ... level 3
Yog Scraper ... level 3
Yog Burrower ... level 3
Yog Delver ... level 3

Instructions to capture the South and West Crater TPs if you don't have them after our reconstruction:

• from the DSEC Forensics crater, go SE to the abandoned mine, follow the road
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- 38487, 19936, 31
  • --- be mindful that there are Yogs outside of the abandoned mine entrance
  • --- they should be mostly off to the left unless someone aggro'd them
  • --- take the insta-teleporter just inside of the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the South Crater --- capture the TP and then ...
  • from the South Crater TP follow the road out to the abandoned mine
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- 37744, 17987, 110
  • --- take the insta teleporter just inside of the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the West Crater --- capture the TP and then ...
  • --- you can take the West Crater back to the South Crater and the event
About the Prizes
  • when deciding on the prizes for this type of event, I think in terms of practicality and usefulness
  • however, sometimes I really get random and throw in something out of the ordinary
  • I cruise our Monria shops for the prizes to support our Shop Owners
  • community members often donate to the prize pool and many items have been quite nice
  • the global prizes will be given out not at a set time, but randomly and as frequently as possible
  • make sure that you keep an eye on Monria chat for when I call out for a global
  • also ... please let DME initiate all trades because she may be involved in other things
Here is a link to DME's 12 Hr Global Prize Giveaway Results in September to give you an idea of how we pull it all together after the event. There is a partial list of some of the prizes that were given away, as well as a spread sheet that Anhithe created of all globals/hofs in the 12 hrs with a separate column of who got them and how many each of them got. The same thing will be done for this event.
break-c.png

See you on Saturday, October 14th, and don't forget to ...
" Expect the Unexpected "
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Question? What is the "you know what it is" received from DME? I always work the morning of the event so I have no idea lol.

Ok, for those who have not attended the event, or get there late (you can still see me, but I take a screen shot of all trades), I give out 5 loot pills and 5 H-DNA to lend a little assistance to the event participants. :)

And just so you know, we do observe the attendance of the participants out in the field and active in Monria chat. We are always mindful of those who just want to take advantage, which is something we have experienced in the past, so don't anyone try it. :p

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... Ant split out the higher level mobs into 2 groups:
  • Yog Broodmother (level 24) and Yog-Sothoth (level 19) will be in a group of their own (new spawn pocket)
  • the level 18, 16 and 11 will be in their own spawn pocket
  • the level 7, 6, 5 and 4 will be in their own spawn pocket; and
  • the level 3s will be in their own spawn pocket
The coordinates are listed for each spawn pocket, and yes ... they will all be increased spawns. :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I have updated the first post with the instructions on how to capture both the South and West Craters if you do not have them after our reconstruction.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I added a link at the bottom of the first post to the September results thread so that you can see how we pull it together after the event, which shows a partial list of the prizes that were given away, and a spread sheet of the global/hof details.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
A big thank you to all who attended the 3rd DME 12 Hr Global Prize Giveaway event on Saturday. I haven't received the global/hof data results from Ant yet, but when I do I will put together the results thread and publish them.

There were a lot of familiar faces, but also many new faces testing out how we do it on the Moon. We're a little different but we like it that way. We really enjoy interacting with the community and letting our hair down a bit.

We learned a few things in the course of this event and I will address them in the results thread, so thank you very much for the feedback because we do listen. We want everyone's Monria experience to be the best possible, so knowing how we can do that is important.

I still have a few prizes to give out to those who did not collect them at the end of the event, so I will try to catch up with you over the next couple of days. We also had some people donate some items that I didn't get to, so I just might be doing a few random giveaways this week when least expected. I have something particular in mind. :D

Catch up with everyone when I have the results. :)

Top Bottom