Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

DME-12HrEvent-111117.png

break-c.png

Since the Yogs have not been successful taking us down during these mid-month events, it seems they have resorted to researching historical Earth battles for some inspiration. The unfortunate thing with this next attempt is, I don't think they researched enough to fully understand how the battle went down.

They are looking to The Charge of the Light Brigade of 1854 to organize their own brigade. I have no doubt that they think that charging en masse will get the job done. The problem is, there was miscommunication of orders during this battle because the British light cavalry was intended to go to one location to prevent the Russians from removing captured guns from overrun Turkish positions, and instead were sent on a frontal assault against a different artillery battle with overpowering defensive fire. Needless to say, they were forced to retreat, but not without massive casualties, and no decisive gains.

I think this case will be another hard lesson learned by the Yogs, because I don't think they'll immediately retreat, but rather employ the mindset that more is better, and we all know that this strategy doesn't always work. They just might be handing us a higher global count.

And speaking of higher global count ... here are the monthly 12 hr global totals so far:

• Aug --- 506
  • Sep --- 683
  • Oct --- 832
It's an impressive incremental global count success, but I wonder if we'll be able to top Oct's number. The suspense is already killing me. We have additional increased spawn locations so hopefully that will help logistically to keep everyone engaged, and to also keep the globals/hofs popping.

It's time once again to show those wonky Yogs that their crazy strategies won't work.

break-c.png

Date | Saturday, November 11th
Time | 12:00 -to- 23:59 EU Time
Location | South Crater

GENERAL EVENT DETAILS

• due to the increased participation of this monthly event ...
  • --- distribution of the 5 Loot Pills and 5 H-DNA before the event has been removed for now
  • --- it may resume in the future but nothing definitive on that yet
  • make sure to have the Monria chat channel active for instructions and NEXT GLOBAL call-outs
  • please ask questions in Monria chat and only PM me if absolutely necessary during the event
  • --- I have to monitor the global tracker and it's easier for me to respond in Monria chat
  • be considerate of your fellow players during the event
  • --- this includes not cluttering the TP area with vehicles and landing on top of people
  • --- and when going back out into the field, please be considerate of where you land
  • and yes ... we will have increased Yog spawns in the South Crater
  • --- this includes all named mobs and the bosses
  • the DME 12 Hr Global Prize Giveaway Events are Solo Hunting Events only
  • --- these are not considered part of our main events and are all on me
  • --- I do what I can to make these fun, and Ant makes sure we have increased spawns
REWARD SYSTEM CHANGES
  • random global prize giveaways are still in play throughout the 12 hr event
  • --- these will be given to the winners when they can pick them up from DME at the South Crater TP
  • ============================ RESULTS ===========================
  • FIRST THINGS FIRST -----> we beat our previous 12 Hr Global/HoF record --> 883
  • Added Prizes
  • Single Highest Yog Solo Global/HoF --- 250 PED -- Rick TheVictor Hypercharged
  • Single Lowest Yog Solo Global/HoF --- 150 PED -- Deus Skubahta Rui
  • prize amounts were increased by 50 PED each thanks to a donation by Lady Immoen Sweetheart
  • DME created a "Most Globals/HoFs" award worth 150 PED and the winner is:
  • --- HaKuRa HaKuRa 53i -- he had a total combined Global/HoF count of --> 64 <-- wins 150 PED
  • --- he actually tied with "Monrians With Attitude" but theirs didn't count
  • --- MWA is the Monria staff society and staff and teams were not eligible for prizes this event
  • here is the spread sheet that Ant created showing all Yog globals during the event
  • --- at the right is the column with those who global'd/hof'd and their individual global count
  • ================================================================
  • Change in how you Win
  • --- if you get both the Highest and Lowest Global/HoF ... you win the Highest
  • --- if you get the Lowest, you can continue hunting to see if you can get the Highest Global/HoF
  • --- this means that the Lowest Global/HoF isn't necessarily won so early in the event
  • Example ... you get a 10 PED Yog and have the first recorded time
  • --- this would mean you won the Single Lowest Yog Solo Global/HoF prize
  • --- but there's an incentive to continue hunting to see if you can get the Highest Global/HoF
  • --- if you do, then the person who had a 10 PED Yog Global with the next time after yours ...
  • --- would win the Single Lowest Solo Yog Global/HoF
  • --- this would all be determined after Ant extracts the data from Entropia Life the following day
  • --- so the true Highest and Lowest Global/HoF winners wouldn't necessarily be known during the event
  • --- it all has to be verified from the extracted data from Entropia Life
  • Congratulations to Haruto Rat
  • --- his suggestion for the Highest/Lowest payout prizes is being implemented for all future events
  • --- this change takes effect immediately with this event
  • --- Haruto Rat spent time in a PM in game with me explaining his suggestion and the reasons
  • --- it's not recommended to do that because I rarely have time for extensive chatting - he got lucky :D
  • --- after discussion with Ant ... we both agreed that it would be best to implement this change
  • --- he made another suggestion that we like, and will eventually be implementing that one as well
  • --- I will copy Haruto Rat's suggestions to our Suggestions thread because we like to keep track there
  • --- it's always good to use the Suggestions thread to share ideas so that we have a record of it
HERE ARE THE COORDINATES FOR THE INCREASED SPAWNS

[
39121, 17942, 75]
Yog Sothoth
Yog Broodmother

[38499, 18904, 74]
Persecutor of Abyss
Vacuity of Perforation
Arbitrator The Vermin

[38149, 17951, 70]
Yog Ransacker
Yog Penetrator

[38436, 17739, 58]
Persecutor of Abyss
Vacuity of Perforation
Arbitrator The Vermin

[39040, 18908, 94]
Yog Gougher
Yog Tunneler
Yog Dredger
Yog Ransacker
Yog Penetrator
Yog Perforator

[38663, 18711, 33]
Yog Scrub
Yog Scraper
Yog Burrower
Yog Delver

INSTRUCTIONS TO CAPTURE THE SOUTH AND WEST CRATERS

• from the DSEC Forensics crater, go SE to the abandoned mine, follow the road
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- 38487, 19936, 31
  • --- be mindful that there are Yogs outside of the abandoned mine entrance
  • --- they should be mostly off to the left unless someone aggro'd them
  • --- take the insta-teleporter just inside of the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the South Crater --- capture the TP and then ...
  • from the South Crater TP follow the road out to the abandoned mine
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- 37744, 17987, 110
  • --- take the insta-teleporter just inside of the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the West Crater --- capture the TP and then
  • --- you can take the West Crater TP back to the South Crater and the event
ABOUT THE PRIZES
  • when deciding on the prizes for this type of event, I think in terms of practicality and usefulness first
  • however, sometimes I get random and throw in something out of the ordinary
  • I cruise our Monria Shops for the prizes to support our Shop Owners
  • community members often donate to the prize pool, but his is not an expectation
  • the call-outs for the NEXT GLOBAL/HOF PRIZE will be random and as frequently as possible
  • make sure that you keep an eye on Monria chat for when I call out for a global
  • also ... please let me initiate all trades because I may be involved in PMs and other trades
Here is a link to DME's 12 Hr Global Prize Giveaway Results in October to give you an idea of how we pull it all together after the event. There is a partial list of some of the prizes that were given away, as well as a spread sheet that Anhithe created of all globals/hofs in the 12 hrs with a separate column of who got them and how many each of them got. The same thing will be done for this event.
break-c.png

See you on Saturday, November 11th, and don't forget to ...
"
Expect the Unexpected "
break-c.png

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Interesting, will the Brood mother loot be corrected by then?
Anyway, WHY DME WHY?? Why won't you let me go home to Ark instead of constantly keeping me trapped here in this endless cycle of events LOL
CHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :ninja:paddle:bronco

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
You guys are funny ... LOL ... but I love it.

Also, not sure the Broodmother loot will be fixed ... Ant would need to respond to that, or give me the information to share.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Interesting, will the Brood mother loot be corrected by then?
Anyway, WHY DME WHY?? Why won't you let me go home to Ark instead of constantly keeping me trapped here in this endless cycle of events LOL
CHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :ninja:paddle:bronco

Hey Heidi,

This hasn't been corrected yet but the issue is with the threshold for the message not the loot itself, think of it like a ped number that announces the global message. When we re-worked the Broodmother this global threshold wasn't updated, and is set too low so it is announcing globals when it shouldn't. The theoretical highest loot is more a factor of health and regen and factors like that.

Personally I think it has the potential to pay out big and I'm doing my best to prove it :devil (need an evil grin emote).

Saying that the work on the mobs on Monria is not complete yet....

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
The last yog was a great one for fun even if I was there for only part of it. i don't know if I will have internet access on the 11th due to RL things going on but I hope to be there for at least some of it. :) See you then!!

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... the results are in and added to the first post ... you don't have to scroll down far. :)

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS ... and Gratz to all of us for beating our previous Global Count:

Aug -- 506
Sep -- 683
Oct -- 832
Nov -- 883

Thanks to all who came to hang out with us at the event, now get ready for the Evil Cultists next weekend. The event thread will be up after my ship duties today. :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Its was an awesome event.

Thanks for the price. Well happy to have actually won. :)

See you all at the next event.

It's always good to see you Skub, glad you enjoyed yourself. :)

Top Bottom