Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

EvilCultistChaosEventBanner.png

break-c.png

Event Banner Created by --> Anny Thundergirl, Monria Media Team

break-c.png
It seems that the Leader of the Esoteric Order of Dagon (Lee "Negated" Dokken) has had yet another summoning of evil episode, but this time it wasn't just for general chit chat. This tertiary cult of Cthulhu followers are hell bent on causing chaos whenever they can on the Moon.

They are closely tied to the Cultists with a long history of association that dates back to the 1800s. This order had remained silent until we recently discovered its presence on Monria. There is speculation that they had joined the great Cultist exodus from Earth to a destination where efforts would be made to awaken Cthulhu from his death-like sleep in R'lyeh dreaming. We now believe that the new City of R'lyeh sits at the core of Monria, and that over time, a darker side of the Moon will rise.

It makes sense because this order worships both Cthulhu and Dagon, and are still loyal to both. They know that Dagon rules over the Deep Ones, who are primordial beings existing in the deep abyss and ever close to Cthulhu. Dagon, Hydra and Cthulhu are the triad worshiped by the Deep Ones and ready to do their bidding, which is especially disturbing after learning that the Esoteric Order of Dagon is active.

Anny employed her investigative skills once again to learn that Negated not only summoned Dagon and Hydra, but together with them channeled Cthulhu in an effort to affect Cultist chaos on the Moon. The order's greatest ally is the Cultists, and I would venture to say that this won't be the last that we will see of this type of chaos.

There is a caveat ... we know we always say "Expect the Unexpected" but this time it might not be good.

break-c.png

EVIL CULTIST CHAOS | EVENT DETAILS
break-c.png

Date | Saturday, Nov 18th
Time | 12:00 - 23:59 EU Time
Location | West Crater

GENERAL EVENT GUIDELINES

• first and foremost, please be considerate of your fellow participants
  • --- be careful not to tag a mob that someone is currently working on, we know it can easily happen
  • --- be mindful of not leaving your vehicles out because it causes additional lag, and ...
  • --- also be mindful not to land on someone's head, especially at the TP, or in a group of hunters
  • make sure to keep the #monria chat channel active
  • --- there appears to be a bug with losing the channel at times and this is being looked into
  • --- if need be, PM someone to get the link again if you have difficulties reactivating it on your own
  • we have created a new reward system, so make sure to read the details below
  • --- the method for winning the highest and lowest global/hof has changed
  • there will be random global/hof prize giveaways but not as frequently as the DME Yog events
  • --- when collecting a prize, please let DME initiate the trade, as many things are going on at once
  • please ask questions in Monria chat and only PM DME if absolutely necessary during the event
  • --- managing our events requires focus and there's a lot going on behind the scenes
  • --- sometimes Ant and I discuss those "Expect the Unexpected" moments
  • --- this could include not only soc chat, but PMs with our support teams
HUNTING DETAILS
  • there are 5 increased spawn locations -- coordinates follow
  • we are creating a new reward format for this event only -- but may use again in the future
  • also, we will continue with the changed format for winning the highest/lowest global/hof
  • Change in how you Win
  • --- if you get both the highest and lowest global/hof ... you win the highest
  • --- if you get the lowest, you can continue hunting to see if you can get the highest global/hof
  • --- this means that the lowest global/hof isn't necessarily won by the first person who gets it
  • Example ... you get a 10 ped Cultist and have the first recorded time
  • --- this would mean you won the single lowest solo Cultist global/hof prize
  • --- however, there's an incentive to continue hunting to see if you can get the highest global/hof
  • --- if you do, then the person who had a 10 ped Cultist global/hof with the next time after yours ...
  • ------> would win the single lowest solo Cultist prize
  • --- so the true highest and lowest global/hof winners wouldn't necessarily be known during the event
  • --- it all has to be verified from the extracted data that Ant gets from Entropia Life after the event
  • you do not have to register for this event, all globals/hofs are automatically captured
HUNTING PRIZES
  • this is a solo hunting event only -- team hunting and mining are being considered for anniversary event
  • there is a prize for both highest and lowest global/hof for each of the following mob groups
  • the names of the mobs and levels for each group are listed, along with the increased spawn location
  • however ... if you should kill a Cultist in one of these groups outside of the West Crater, it still counts
  • be mindful of which mob you are hunting and which group it falls under
  • you can only win one highest and one lowest prize across all 5 groups, but not in the same group
break-c.png

Evil Cultists Chaos | Event Results
break-c.png

Group # 1
[
36420, 18575, 13]
K'Tan Partathus Arch Follower of Cthulhu -- Level 36

• single highest solo Cultist global/hof -- 250 peds -- SpikE SpikE Odets
  • single lowest solo Cultist global/hof -- 150 peds -- Iam AlfaOmega WinterWolf
Group # 2
[
35733, 18287, 64]
Sectator of Shut'thend -- Level 26
Proselyte of Shut'thend -- Level 24
Convert -- Level 23
Catechumen -- Level 18

• single highest solo Cultist global/hof -- 250 peds -- james jim big
  • single lowest solo Cultist global/hof -- 150 peds -- peters wuffzel toon
Group # 3
[35995, 17834, 37]
Attendant -- Level 16
Zeolot -- Level 15

• single highest solo Cultist global/hof -- 250 peds -- peters wuffzel toon
  • single lowest solo Cultist global/hof -- 150 peds -- Lepi LokoMotive Dasa
Group # 4
[35946, 18000, 36]
Fanatic -- Level 13
Enthusiast -- Level 12

• single highest solo Cultist global/hof -- 250 peds -- Lepi LokoMotive Dasa
  • single lowest solo Cultist global/hof -- 150 peds -- Sholle Von Cartiz
Group # 5
[
36491, 17583, 72]
Devotee -- Level 11
Apostle -- Level 9
Cohort -- Level 9
Adherent -- Level 7

• single highest solo Cultist global/hof -- 250 peds -- Darrell Sidekick069 Leaman
  • single lowest solo Cultist global/hof -- 150 peds -- debud po3blck avizov
Special Event Prize
  • DME's "Most Globals/HoFs" at the end of the event -- 150 peds -- there was a tie
  • --- Lepi LokoMotive Dasa --- 12 globals --- 75 peds
  • --- Jess Zark Temp --- 12 globals --- 75 peds
You can see all of the results in Ant's spread sheet, including individual global/hof totals here.
break-c.png

Instructions for capturing the South and West Craters

• from the DSEC Forensics crater, go SE to the abandoned mine, follow the road
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are -- [38487, 19936, 31]
  • --- be mindful that there are Yogs outside of the abandoned mine entrance
  • --- they should be mostly off to the left unless someone aggro'd them
  • --- take the insta-teleporter just inside of the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the South Crater -- capture the TP and then ...
  • from the South Crater TP follow the road out to the abandoned mine
  • --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are -- [37744, 17987, 110]
  • --- take the insta-teleporter just inside of the abandoned mine
  • --- this will take you to the West Crater -- capture the TP and then ...
  • --- participate in the event at the West Crater
break-c.png

Twitch Streamers
  • you are encouraged to stream during the event
  • list yourself as a Monria Twitch Streamer at the Monria forum here
  • follow the instructions in the General Discussion section for how to set up your own Twitch thread
  • give us a time-frame when you will be active with your stream so that we can announce it
break-c.png

SEE YOU ON SATURDAY -- AND ALWAYS REMEMBER TO
" Expect the Unexpected "
break-c.png

WangXiang

Bringing along the Moon with me
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
The Esoteric Order of Dagon intringues me :) Is it Monria based?
Any special link between this society and the Monria team?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The Esoteric Order of Dagon intringues me :) Is it Monria based?
Any special link between this society and the Monria team?

Hi Wang ... The Esoteric Order of Dagon was a society started by Lee "Negated" Dokken on his own because he was interested in our Monria storyline and this order is right out of the Cthulhu Mythos. I would say it is definitely Monria-based, but it is not connected with the Monria Team other than their wanting to role play.

The idea was all Negated's and it was an inspired move because it ended up in our storyline in book 2. There has been a bit of fun role-play banter in Monria chat, but I decided to escalate it with a story leading to this past Saturday's event with the Cultists. This order has a history with the Cultists, but most notably with Dagon, Hydra and Cthulhu.

Negated decided to revive the Esoteric Order of Dagon and take up the dark side of the Moon ... not one of the good guys given that Dagon rules over the Deep Ones in the Cthulhu Mythos. Negated is not Dagon, but the leader of the order, and in role-playing, a descendant of the order's leaders throughout history.

At this point, I would say that because we are reconstructing the Moon, and working on other development that will be more in line with our official storyline, it would be good for the community to make an effort to catch up on where we are with the storyline. I'm currently working on book 3 which is the beginning history of Monria that Pinthas wrote when he was with the original Monria Team, but only a few excerpts went into print. There are 16 chapters and I am converting them into our PDF book format for downloading like the other two, and as a point of interest, the 4 chapters that everyone hunts for in the Monria's Untold Story mission came from the 16 chapters, and of course, written by Pinthas.

We want to make storyline an intricate part of our environment and activities, and this will happen more and more as we progress with our development. More elements of the Cthulhu Mythos will surface, and more role-playing will occur, which is why I have been slowly introducing what and who Cthulhu is over time and not giving it to the community in huge chunks to the point of being overwhelming because the mythos is quite complicated and the Cthulhu family tree enormous. Even when Monria was first launched, the mob names were drawn from Cthulhu lore and named as such.

I know I got a bit lengthy there Wang, but I think it's more helpful for people to understand where we're headed, and that our theme isn't just a theme, it is, and will be more so, very embedded in how Monria evolves.

Hope this was beneficial. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
BTW ... I haven't gotten the event results from Ant yet, but I'll add them to the first post after I get them.

Lee Negated Dokken

Nothing official yet, but it looks as though you Monrians stepped up and beat my 40 global minimum. I regrettably must admit defeat in yesterday's battle. But the war is far from over! Cthulhu will rise, and there is nothing you can do to stop that!!!:grin:devil

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I updated the first post with the event results and will now get in the game for a bit to see who's about.

Top Bottom