Monria | 2018 Halloween Event | Just Your Usual Suspects

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hi DME :)

Time at Forum is not the same time as ingame (+1h). I posted 15 mins before the event started :) Please consider my guess.

Thanks

I will check how forum time is set and get back to you, I definitely want to make this fair, and if I have a different time set (which I can't find in my personal preferences right now), I will absolutely correct the allowed posts.

Thank You :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hi DME :)

Time at Forum is not the same time as ingame (+1h). I posted 15 mins before the event started :) Please consider my guess.

Thanks

It was just confirmed to me by Ant that when I am logged into the forum, it shows the local time on my computer, and I am -4 game time. Obviously I can't change my computer time to game time because that would mess some things up for me, so going forward, I will set an alarm on my phone for 8pm my time (exactly), which is 00:00 game time right now at -4, to post that no more guess posts will count. When the clocks change soon, I will be -5 during the Winter term and I will make the adjustment.

However, unless I'm missing something, in looking at your post time, according to my time at -4 game time, your post shows 8:47pm my time (see below), which is actually 00:47 game time, so the post would still be disqualified.

Skubahta-TotalGlobalsHoFsGuess.PNG

I was actually late doing my post to indicate that guessing the total globals/hofs was closed. That's because the event was already in progress and I was managing the activities and forgot the time.

Here is my closing post to show that time as well ...

DME-PostClosingForNoMoreGuesses.PNG

I always make my forecast 10-20 minutes before the beginning of the event. This time I did the same. Now I see that I'm disqualified :) Of course because of the change of time there has been confusion, but it does not matter :) Thanks for Great Event!

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I always make my forecast 10-20 minutes before the beginning of the event. This time I did the same. Now I see that I'm disqualified :) Of course because of the change of time there has been confusion, but it does not matter :) Thanks for Great Event!

I am on ship duties right now with the MFM, and I am posting my in-game time below. The time change for me IRL hasn't happened yet, so I am still -4 game time. My out-of-game time in conjunction with game time as shown below is:

5:37pm ... making it 9:37pm game time ... so the time at the forum for me is -4 game time. At 8pm Friday night for me, that time was 00:00 game time. The forum shows my RL local time. I am East Coast US.

[System]: Entropia Universe time: 2018-10-28 21:37:44
[System]: Session time: 01:53:15

You'll have to point out specifically where you think I got it wrong according to the information I shared with you please.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Here are the times for others who showed posting their guesses after the start of the event which coordinates with my forum time. My forum time is -4 game time, so again ... 8pm forum time for me is 00:00 game time, which was the start of the event. Whatever the equation is for each of you in your time-zones, the fact still remains that my RL time showing at the forum for me is still -4 game time and coincides with game time exactly, just 4 hrs before.

If there's some way to show me that I am wrong in my assessment of this situation, then please "show me" don't just tell me that you posted before the start of the event. Forum times of your posts "show me" that your posts were after the start of the event. If I am proven to be wrong about this, then I will profusely apologize and make amends for it.

In the meantime, I will not give out the prize for the winner of the total globals/hofs until I am certain in my mind that how this is viewed is correct.

Going forward, I will set an alarm on my phone for whatever the start of the event is and do my "posting guesses closed" post so that we don't run into this issue again.

Halloweed-GlobalsHoFsTotalCountGuesses.PNG

I have no intention of arguing. I make this prognosis simply because I find it interesting. I know the rules and if I gave my forecast 45 minutes after the start of the event, that means I deliberately broke the rules. I can not guess where confusion really happened, but I know when I gave this forecast and that was before the start of an event.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I have no intention of arguing. I make this prognosis simply because I find it interesting. I know the rules and if I gave my forecast 45 minutes after the start of the event, that means I deliberately broke the rules. I can not guess where confusion really happened, but I know when I gave this forecast and that was before the start of an event.

No arguments my friend ... I just want to make sure that I have this right so that it's fair to everyone. I would never accuse you of intentionally breaking the rules, that thought never entered my mind whatsoever. At this point, it's really not about you though, or the others I mentioned who posted after the event started, but of being fair, because if my calculations are correct and one of you who look like you posted after the event started won the total globals/hofs count guess, then I'm afraid the others would have plenty to say.

No worries Georgi ... going forward, I will make sure that I am on time at the start of the event and do the post that says posting guesses is closed.

In the meantime, if someone (not necessarily you) can show me my calculations are wrong, then please do, so that I can get this resolved one way or the other.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The only thing that comes to my mind is that in some countries the time changed yesterday by one hour, but in others it remained the same. In my country, yesterday's day there were 25 hours.

I spoke with Ant again and he confirmed that times changed for some countries, including for Ireland where he is, so that is where I think the mystery is and why a few guesses were after the start of the event. I would love to be able to consider them, but there has to be a fairness in this process, so I hope you guys understand.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... I have received the results from Ant and I am in the process of adding them to the first post. They should be available for review shortly. After they are posted, I will get into the game to pay out prizes.

I need coffee first. :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE -- results were added in the first post ... see each section for the winners ... Ant's spreadsheet for hunting and mining is posted as well ... look at the individual tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

I will be in the game shortly to start paying out the prizes.

Congratulations to the winners. :)

Top Bottom