Monria Storyline | General Discussion

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The Cthulhu Mythos is quite complicated, as is the Cthulhu family tree, but we will be introducing many of the Cthulhu characters that may very well end up being an alternate personality of some of our own Moon community members. We want to weave this theme into the fabric that is Monria's evolution, and bring as many of the Cthulhu elements into the mix as we possibly can, both in storyline and what we can incorporate into our Monria environment. We have a lot of development plans, as I keep reminding everyone, but something that of course will take some time to accomplish in the way we want things to be revealed.

It all has to make sense, but one thing to keep in mind is that the horror of Cthulhu is more a mind control effort, and you will see more of that element come to the surface, but there is certainly a more scary element that can be introduced as well ... it's just a matter of time. There are ideas on the table with how to do this so we can blend it all together into an elevated experience that makes Monria a place to pay attention to ... hopefully time will be kind to us.

Also keep in mind, that additional content that we bring to Monria has a price tag because we are not a full-on planet with control over our development process. We work with MindArk to make things happen, but they are very excited about where we are taking Monria and we have a great working relationship with them.

There is also a great deal more to be revealed as storyline unfolds, and some things I think might surprise you, or not, but Monria is expanding on the Cthulhu Mythos with its own theme while staying true to the legacy of H.P. Lovecraft who urged writers to develop their own Cthulhu stories. We want to pay homage to Lovecraft in doing just that, so our storyline incorporates our Monria community, and quite frankly, you won't know from one moment to the next where you will find yourself.

We just ask that you hang in with us as we do everything we can in the time available to us to bring you a more vibrant and enjoyable experience on Monria.

Thank You :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
BTW ... the Monria timeline is keeping in line with historical dates that relate to some of the other planets so that we can at some point perhaps even coordinate blended side stories that will make sense. Anny did some research and came up with the following timeline information:
  • Calypso ... turned Gold January 2003 ... converts to ... 3000
  • Arkadia ... launched 2011 ... converts to ... 3008
  • Cyrene ... launched 2012 ... converts to ... 3009
  • Monria ... launched 2013 ... converts to ... 3010
  • Current timeline year for all of us is ... 3014
Anny can speak to this better than I can but she joined Entropia in 2014 and Arkadia had already converted dates with their storyline, and from what I understand, kept it in line with what Calypso's timeline was or would be, so she used that information in order for us to get our timeline. There was no information available with regard to Rocktropia that we know of since there doesn't seem to be any kind of storyline. Don't think we were able to determine dates with Toulan either, but perhaps we can revisit this at some point.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
HEADS UP ... in the Monria Official Storyline section, I numbered the order of the books so there was no confusion. It's important to read the books in order beginning with #1 and progressing from there so that you have a clear understanding of Monria's evolving story. If you don't, too many things won't make sense to you. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I did a little editing of the first post.

Top Bottom