Server Downtime for Release

Terpsy

I can’t enter the game after this update. Game support is silent. Goodbye My friends.:hi

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I still can’t enter the game. DME, I miss you.

Not sure what to tell you regarding your computer issues and why you can't get into the game. Do you have any idea of what's causing it?

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
With updates, I usually have to reenter the launcher screen several times. This time, it took me a half hour to finally get in. You may just need to relog into the launcher screen several times before you can get the green light to go into the sign on for EU. Worked for me.. after a half hour of grumbles and relogging..lol

Terpsy

Not sure what to tell you regarding your computer issues and why you can't get into the game. Do you have any idea of what's causing it?
I reinstalled the game several times, reinstalled the operating system several times, all this did not help. I suppose that the reason is in weak computer hardware. Probably in patch 17 increased requirements for computer equipment. Technical support answered the first two days, with standard answers, now it does not answer at all.

I see only one way out, save money on a new computer :)

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
I reinstalled the game several times, reinstalled the operating system several times, all this did not help. I suppose that the reason is in weak computer hardware. Probably in patch 17 increased requirements for computer equipment. Technical support answered the first two days, with standard answers, now it does not answer at all.

I see only one way out, save money on a new computer :)

I know you have to have a computer with at least 8GB Memory and MA said in the forum a while ago that Windows 7 would no longer be compatiable with EU because it allowed access of too many viruses ( so they said). So if you getting a new computer, just kept those 2 things in mind. :)

Gredrrik Malgar

Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Co-Founder
VCAT Team Member
I know you have to have a computer with at least 8GB Memory and MA said in the forum a while ago that Windows 7 would no longer be compatiable with EU because it allowed access of too many viruses ( so they said). So if you getting a new computer, just kept those 2 things in mind. :)

Windows XP is no longer compatible as per the last big update. Windows 7 is still perfectly compatible i assure you.

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
OK. I had to recheck the post on the Caly forum and you're right Malgar. Windows 7 is the windows platform that came after Windows XP. I jumped the gun on what they said about "older systems" since from what I read, they would at some point after probably drop Windows 7 for the same reason as Windows XP. This is what they said:

• #1Bertha Bot
    user-offline.png
    Entropia News Fetcher
    reputation_pos.png
    reputation_pos.png
    reputation_pos.png
    reputation_pos.png
    reputation_pos.png
    reputation_highpos.png
    reputation_highpos.png
    reputation_highpos.png
    reputation_highpos.png
    reputation_highpos.png
    reputation_highpos.png

Images

icon1.png
    Entropia Universe Ending Support for Windows XP

Entropia Universe Ending Support for Windows XP

As previously announced in May, Entropia Universe will soon no longer run on Windows XP machines. In order to ensure an appropriate level of account security for our customers, MindArk has decided to discontinue support for Windows XP and older operating systems starting in Q4 of 2017.

Account security is MindArk’s highest priority. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping to keep Entropia Universe safe and secure for all participants. We urge any Entropia Universe participants still using Windows XP or older versions of Windows to upgrade their operating systems within the next several months.

This change will also allow the implementation of a platform update that many Entropians have requested: DirectX 11 support. This is a long-awaited upgrade in technology that will enable MindArk to further improve the Entropia Universe graphical engine. We promise that Entropia soon will be possible to experience in the form we always have dreamed of, Virtual Reality.

Stay tuned for more information.

Klas Moreau
    CEO MindArk

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
However, when I checked the Caly forum, I did find a post that seems to be a common problem now with players not being able to sign in to the game. I know my computer has been giving me this same error mentions in the copy/paste of this post from the Caly forum and I will be implementing the directions from it after my son goes to bed tonight. There are some suggestions from other players as well.

Help: D3D Error after VU17 release.

Good luck to both of us. :)

Terpsy

At the moment, to buy a computer with a video card that does not support DirectX12, this must be managed. My current video card, the Radeon X1300, supports DirectX no higher than 9, in patch 17 MA raised the bar for the use of computer hardware. It is strange why they did not warn about this in advance, although I understand that for the market of users that the game is focused on, buying a new computer is no more difficult than a pack of cigarettes :)

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
lol.. I can relate Terpsy. I don't have hundreds of dollars to play entropia..just a regular small budget. I have found that whenever MA does their larger scale updates/upgrades..my computer at the time usually has problems with playing EU from that time forward. This has become a regular problem which I resolved by not going overboard on getting top of the line gaming computer but refurbished ones which get replaced annually since they are considerably cheaper than $500-$2000 USD plus whatever embellishments made the gaming computer work better. Just so you know, I did get another computer two days ago which I ordered before the VU17 was in effect. At the time, it was on sale for $255 USD but it went up to its regular price now at Walmart. I don't know what your financial budget allows in buying a new computer but this one comes with DirectX12 installed but it allowed Direct X11 to be installed from EU when downloading the EU Installer and it is working perfectly now with no glitches or disconnects. Here is the link if you want to consider it at some point. Professional gamers will probably turn their noses up at this refurbished computer but it works great on the HIGH setting which most people on the Caly forum that were having no problems seem to be setup with on their compatible computers.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Optiplex...rd-780-PC-Desktop-Professional-Towe/426358043

Truthfully, I hate it when MA does upgrades but I expect computers in my home to last for a year and need to be replaced anyways. It just helps alot to know that the replacement computer will usually match whatever improvement MA comes up with in their gameplay for EU. :)

Good Luck!!

PZ

Terpsy

On such a computer, I will accumulate in a few months. Although such a configuration, I would not buy. The configuration is unpromising, but it can solve today's problem.

CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor - considering 3 GHz, this is the E8400, it is an ancient and unpromising stone, it costs about $ 3 now.

Optical: DVD-RW Drive - I have not been using it for more than five years.

Most likely, some kind of video card is not at all expensive and not much better than mine, otherwise they would have indicated the model, the same thing with the motherboard, apparently quite bad, if they had not even mentioned it.

I would rate this computer at $ 20-40, not considering the cost of the monitor.

For 300 dollars you can buy a ryzen 5 3400g processor with an integrated Vega11 graphics card, this is about a level of nvidia gtx 1300, 16 gigabytes of RAM, SSD256, a motherboard based on a B450 chipset, any power supply + case. And there will still be about $ 100 for the periphery, Later you can buy a decent video card and this assembly will be relevant for about 5 years.

Top Bottom