Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING
break-c.png

Wednesday - December 23, 2015

I think it's important to consider that taking over a venture like Monria requires dedicated effort both publicly and behind the scenes. Some Monria Team members work publicly, some work behind the scenes, and some of us juggle both areas that demand time and effort.

My goal in managing community initiatives is to accomplish projects in a timely manner. As with any development endeavor, or creative process, it may not be in the time-frame that some would like. Therefore, it is important that we harness our energy as efficiently as we can in order to achieve our goals.

Programs that fall under the umbrella of the community initiatives are directed and supported by the Monria Team. Members of each program are Monria ambassadors representing our vision for Monria, but also make contributions to development of relevant program projects for the benefit of Monria participants.

I will give periodic updates with regard to Community Initiative Programs, what our mission is with each program, and what progress we have made.

The following is a list of current initiatives:

Community Advisers Program
  • there are 4 official Community Advisers - we are looking for more
  • we are nearly complete with establishing the CA Guidelines
  • we are also near completion with designing an updated Monria New Player Starter Kit
Monria Mentors Program
  • 2 of the Community Advisers are also official Monria Mentors - we are looking for more
  • I have yet to initiate discussion in the private forum area regarding Monria-related direction
  • I anticipate this program will kick off soon
Monria Space Travel Program
  • The Knights of Entropia (TKoE) have been established as the official Yamato crew
  • the Yamato is Monria's Mothership and owned by the Moon Manager (Anhithe)
  • Xander Zan Catman is General of TKoE and will manage the Monria Space Travel Program
  • I will be working closely with Xander (at the direction of Anhithe) to establish structure
  • a Guest List sign-up thread will be created
  • a travel schedule will be devised based on TKoE pilot availability, with Monria Team backup
  • we anticipate this program to be functional as soon as I can connect with Xander
  • there will be free travel restrictions, and those will be listed
  • I will post an update to the Monria Space Travel Program section when we have launched
Monria Participants Board
  • this program has yet to be initiated
  • members of this board will be elected members
  • members will come from Monria groups such as Advisers, Mentors, Shop Owners, etc.
  • I will post an update in the Monria Participants Board section when things are under way
Monria Wiki
  • Anhithe installed a Monria Wiki
  • the access link is at the top of the forum
  • I am not a Wiki expert, but am in the process of figuring a few things out
  • as soon as I have a better handle on this I will post an update in the Monria Wiki section
  • if anyone would like to volunteer their expertise in giving some guidance, it would be appreciated
Monria Mapping
  • develop a new Monria Map containing data that helps navigate the Monria environment
  • I will create a thread in the Monria Geography section to initiate gathering specific information
  • once we have collected the information we need, we will engage community members to design the actual tool or utility for public use
  • the goal is for the Monria Map not to be overloaded with too much data, and if it means that we make separate and specific maps for hunting, mining, creatures, etc. for ease of use, then that's what we'll do
  • I will create the information gathering thread soon
As new projects come up, I will announce them with the hope that more Monrians will become a part of our community-centric efforts. The goal is to also get to the point where we are actively involved in Monria Team events, as well as player-related events. There are definitely some ideas being discussed that I would like to launch as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I will give periodic updates to let everyone know where we are. The support of the community is important toward achieving goals, and your feedback is welcome.

Thank you.
DM

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
This may or may not be the correct place to put this but.
Little Big Mining Log (LBML) has a pretty kick ass map of Monria already embedded in his program.
You might be able to get with him for a base map to work off of. Actually, loading his software, it's right there as it's own seperate file I believe, you can edit as needed. Let's not re invent the wheel if we don't have to.

sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
This may or may not be the correct place to put this but.
Little Big Mining Log (LBML) has a pretty kick ass map of Monria already embedded in his program.
You might be able to get with him for a base map to work off of. Actually, loading his software, it's right there as it's own seperate file I believe, you can edit as needed. Let's not re invent the wheel if we don't have to.

sluggo

Thanks for that info, I'd definitely be interested in checking that out. Do you have a link for me?

If I run into issues are you volunteering to be my assistant nerd. :p

Venture Bros

Permanently Banned
There is no wiki access link at the top of the forum. However after some looking around I can find a link to it, and it is disabled at the moment.

Monria - Error
The wiki is currently closed for maintenance. It will be available again shortly.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
There is no wiki access link at the top of the forum. However after some looking around I can find a link to it, and it is disabled at the moment.

Monria - Error
The wiki is currently closed for maintenance. It will be available again shortly.

When I have a chance, I will check it out, and bring it to Anhithe's attention as well since he installed it. Thanks.

sluggo

Shop Owner
Im not an expert at LBML but think I can walk you thru it.
The graphic files, are a type I have not tinkered with, not that it's a bad thing, just havent looked yet. From what I hear not a horrid thing to manipulate. Let me look

sluggo

Venture Bros

Permanently Banned
I tried extracting the file but it won't work as it's a custom format. I will have to take a screenshot of it when I am on monria I think might be the only way unless myself or sluggo figures out how to convert the file.

sluggo

Shop Owner
It's actually a standard format, you can easily export it as CSV if you want, but the map is a format that is very workable. I just never bothered to load the software to do it, or taken the time to. I seen plenty of tools on the net, just have not bothered to date..

sluggo

Eric Shade Avenged

The Knights of Entropia (TKoE)
I use LBML every time I drop a probe. The maps are saved in the installed folder. Just navigate to the directory and simply take the map out. It's just a simple image file. If you need any help with this I would be happy to assist.

Eric Shade Avenged

It's not a simple image file. It's a custom .dds file that won't interact with any image programs.
Your right. I actually never paid attention to the file extension. In windows, it displays the map picture as a large icon so you can see where my confusion came from :D There are several free DDS image viewers available for download. At that point, we can simply copy the images and convert it to a .png, .jpg, .bmp, .gif, etc.....

Venture Bros

Permanently Banned
I should say any image programs I an aware of.

Honestly, I am shocked it still has not been converted and posted here. I mean I am shocked that so many advisers would just talk about how they can easily access the file and not bother to do it. It's no different then saying you will buy sweat and not doing it when they show up, or even saying you will become a Monria adviser and then doing nothing.
I mean if one can so easily grab the image, why has it not been done?

Nothing personal against anyone, but that is really bothering me.

Eric Shade Avenged

The Map is beyond my duties as a CA. I'm not going to take any initiative to do something without authorization first. DME may have a different plan for the map that we are unaware of. Until I am instructed to do anything regarding this project, I will refrain. I don't go sticking my noes in projects that I am not part of, or at least not a part of yet. This subject hasn't even been brought to our attention in the CA section of the forums.

I believe DME has made this point very clear to all CA members.

Last edited:

sluggo

Shop Owner
Eric with the proper viewers the file easily can be opened / edited / whatever one needs to do with it. So yes you are correct it is fairly easy to do. When I posted a few days ago I have not played with them yet because I really didn't have a need to, but decided to dl the freebie program and it opens right up. Don't feel bad because you have not tried it. Not everyone is uber geeked into the graphics / manipulation / sound / editing thing.

Rusty if you are so shocked then whey have you not done it yourself? Leadership by example.

sluggo

sluggo

Shop Owner
Also as a suggestion. Since LBML opens them right up w/o any issues and you can zoom in and out at will, if we are just looking for 'pictures' might it be easier to just screen capture the LBML screen and zoom in / zoom out / blow up / down whatever you need to get it how you want?

sluggo

Eric Shade Avenged

Also as a suggestion. Since LBML opens them right up w/o any issues and you can zoom in and out at will, if we are just looking for 'pictures' might it be easier to just screen capture the LBML screen and zoom in / zoom out / blow up / down whatever you need to get it how you want?

sluggo
You will loose picture quality this way. Not recommend... but easier, yes.

Venture Bros

Permanently Banned
Anyways, it was really easy with a viewer, didn't know they existed. Took like two seconds to grab the image which is why I was surprised. Just surprised people would talk about it rather then take the 2 seconds to do it if they are aware of it. <content removed / personal dispute>
I tried uploading it here but we can't upload over 1 mb so I just did imgur for now, some loss but when we start we can just grab the actual file via email or grab it again.

MoXrXRS.jpg

<content removed / personal dispute>

Top Bottom