1/13/13 | Under the Spell of a Wizard | w/ Videos

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
On Jan 13, 2013 Obie and MindStar9's avatars met face-to-face for the first time. I wanted to do a profile on this creator of EU magic, but he wasn't much for this, so he decided to invite me to a special and private adventure to experience his magic for the first time.

I was so awe-struck, I think I was practically holding my breath the whole adventure, which is why Obie wasn't quite sure if I was enjoying myself. OMG ... enjoy is an understatement. This was like nothing I had ever encountered before, and while both of us had been in EU for many years, and I knew of his aerial platforms, I had never experienced one, just saw photos and his videos.

I fell in love that night, and here we are 4 years later going stronger than ever. I was so moved by this experience that it inspired me to write the following story, complete with 3 videos you won't believe.

And, oh ya, that was my hairstyle after we converted to the CryEngine2 with VU10.

break-c.png

UnderTheSpellOfAWizard-Banner.jpg

break-c.png
The light of day was fading, and the green-hued Cyrene moon began its cycle across the impending night sky, illuminating the emergence of life that thrives in nocturnal splendor. I had just finished my White Orchid tea and about to take a leisurely walk when I received an incoming private message.

Hello MindStar, do you have time for an adventure?” It was Oberon Nightseer Farseeker, Entropia’s resident Wizard, and now a dear friend whom I’ve tried to connect with for a while, but I was a bit under the weather. Tonight was the night though, and it felt right to finally get to experience what has been the elusive magic of Obie’s World that few get to travel to. The fact that I had the Wizard all to myself was a bonus.

Your timing is good Obie, I have nothing scheduled but a simple walk,” thinking to myself whether I should tell him that he’s a blessing for breaking this streak of boredom, but just as soon as that thought passed, he sent me coordinates and the place to meet him. I began to feel a bit anxious. After all, he’s a well-known Wizard and I have no idea what to expect, so perhaps it’s the unknown that has my pulse racing.

As I reached the coordinates, Obie assisted in getting me to the precise position I needed to be, and what followed was an unusual but direct instruction to relog. I was not about to question the dynamics of a Wizard’s magic, and ready to step into wherever he wanted to take me. I wanted the full experience, whatever that would be, and when I relogged, it took me a moment to come to the realization that I was nowhere near where I thought I would be, but knew I was in for something extraordinary.

Wizard-1.jpg

You made it,” Obie says. Indeed I had, but I was still trying to make sense of where I was and what I was seeing. However, that was rather short-lived when I heard Obie say, “Step over here for a moment MindStar.” If I didn’t do anything else on this night, whatever Obie needed me to do, I was going to do without question. His presence was commanding, yet gentle and considerate, and I had no fear at all, but rather a calm despite the startling jump from one dimension to another.

As Obie walked me to the spot he pointed out, he tugged on my hand a bit because there was a feel of density that slowed movement with each step. However, once Obie got me to the required spot, he turned me to face the opposite direction and said to look straight ahead. There was no question in my mind that I was being held hostage by my own desire to walk the edge with this Wizard. I began to feel strange, and was about to mention it to Obie, but then I realized that he was already looking my way. His upper body took on a golden-glowing aura and I suddenly felt enveloped in a warmth and lightness like never before.

Wizard-2.jpg

That should help you move more freely,” Obie says, but for some strange reason, I had a feeling there was more to it than that. I was about to question what just took place, but he said to look around and take it in because no one else had traveled there, and it was for my eyes only in this moment. It was his words and gentle nudge that finally made me realize that the magic had already begun, and I wanted to embrace every ounce of it. This kind of magic defies logic, mine anyway, and I admire the precision with which this divine Wizard is so extraordinary in bending time and space.

We were standing on a large circle of strategically placed dragon wings with every curved wing tip a precise distance apart in order to allow the glow of the cover of the Zek Royal Islands below to filter through. Back-to-back dragon heads seemed alter-like in their appearance, and as I moved forward with Obie to view them, I could only stand there in silence. Blazaar framents seemed to mark the perimeter as gate keepers, and more dragon wings were carefully placed to create an arch, but something beneath and beyond caught my attention, and just as I was about to say something, Obie spoke first.

I know you like purple,“ he says, and as I waited for his next words, there were none, but he didn’t need to say more, because the moment didn’t require narration of any sort, it already spoke volumes. The purple walkway through the dragon-winged arch led to an extended platform off from the main area, and what I would define as a dance floor. While we only stood there, I already felt as if I were dancing with the Wizard because I finally realized it was a spell he cast that gave me an increased fluidity with every move.

Wizard-3.jpg

Wizard-4.jpg

Wizard-5.jpg

As I stood on the purple-designed platform, I noticed that there was a time travel crystal suspended above me, and could only wonder if this too was part of his magic, but in the same moment, I also noticed that Obie had disappeared. “I’m up here,” he said, and as I looked up, I could see that somehow he had navigated up multi-levels of dragon wings and was standing at what looked like the edge of the universe. I had no clue how he was able to get up there because the dragon wings were so far apart vertically and looked near impossible to get to. However, he was the Wizard, so who am I to question.

Jump up,” he says, “there’s a stickiness to the dragon wings that will hold you.” I didn’t think twice about trusting his instructions, yet with each level of dragon wing that I conquered, I paused to look around, and noticed my pulse was racing again, but I also found my breathing to be a bit more labored.

Wizard-6.jpg

Wizard-7.jpg

Wizard-8.jpg

Wizard-9.jpg

I finally reached Obie and immense fear rushed over me. There was nothing to the left or right but open space, and we were both standing at the edge of a narrow dragon wing tip. He instinctively sensed my fear, and without turning he said to take a deep breath and slowly exhale. I did as he said, and just before I began to exhale, he said “close your eyes.”

I could only hope that I would remain steady, but with eyes closed and slow exhale in process, that thought escaped me, because once again I felt the warmth and calm that washed over me earlier, and could only assume that Obie was at work with his magic or spell casting again. No matter, because I was truly enjoying something that was rarely experienced.

You ready to continue this adventure,” Obie asked. Why wouldn’t I be, it was magical and full of mystery that had me intensely curious, but I didn’t care to question, because sometimes, mystery is part of the magic, and if I was under some sort of spell, then I didn’t want it to be broken.

Sure, but I couldn’t imagine what you would have that was more enchanting than this.” Once the words had left my mouth, I knew it was the wrong thing to say.

Just try not to imagine what sights you might see, or what new experiences you may have, so it will come as a nice unanticipated surprise.” Hmmm, he’s playing with words. How brave do I feel to challenge the Wizard and go there. I have to.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and think that I know you enough that you aren’t delivering a tease to wish my unending suffering of the unknown in an effort to get me to plead for disclosure, but rather inviting me to engage the powers that exist in my purple world to imagine and create possibilities.

I accept the try part, with one exception … that I don’t have to reveal the results, because the magic in my purple world rarely spills over into print. However, now it’s your turn to ‘try not to imagine what sights you might see, or what new experiences you may have,’ while also realizing that you have no idea what my purple world is, nor where it exists.”

You saw right through my tease,” Obie chuckled.

No, I didn’t – I joined it.

With nothing but a smile in return, he said to move down the dragon wings and find one on the lower level and stand at the edge over the golden cover of the Zek Royal Island below. I just smiled back and followed his instructions. He walked to the edge of the dragon wing next to mine and asked if I was ready to jump. Seems it’s the fastest way down, even though it meant death.

Wizard-10.jpg

Wizard-11.jpg

Once we had met at the revive, he asked if I wanted to experience a unique swim, but he would first need my permission before he did the magic because he wanted me to know ahead of time so that I wouldn’t become disoriented when it happened. I have to say, that at this point, I was game for anything he wanted to throw my way, and I wasn’t even trying to imagine possibilities, I was just going with the flow. We were both standing at the revive when next thing I know, I’m swimming beneath the surface with a watery view of the moon and what appeared to be a mushroom. I don’t want to know how he does it, I just want to be in it.

Wizard-12.jpg

Once the magic spell ended, Obie said that we would have to travel to Calypso to continue our magical adventure, but no problem at all, because yours truly pilots the Yamato, and Obie was already on the Guest List. I launched my Quad Wing, and Obie and I were off to space. He took the co-pilot’s seat so that he could have a clear view of the warp. I kinda felt I was creating a little magic of my own since I was transporting a Wizard across space. How often does one get to do this, really.

Wizard-13.jpg

Once we arrived at the Calypso Space Station, we teleported to Fort Zeus, and it was there that I would soon learn of a different kind of magic that I couldn’t even imagine. However, before the magic was evoked, I captured a stunning photo of the Wizard.

Wizard-14.jpg

We weren’t far away from the water’s edge, and I was instructed to follow him closer to the water. I stood quiet while he did whatever it was that he was doing, and then he said to move to a certain spot. I did, and after a few other instructions that I won’t disclose, it was then that the magic started happening again. I suddenly found myself under water, but it wasn’t a natural occurrence, because Obie said that when I see his boat, to request access, which was when I knew I was right in the thick of it.

Obie’s boat finally appeared and I requested access. I jumped in, but it seemed I was still under water. Obie said, “I’ll be right back, I need to get some gas.” It didn’t take him long, because I suddenly saw the strangest thing. Obie had appeared in a safe bubble above the boat while I was still submerged in water. No questions, go with the flow, embrace it, live it, love it, and hang with the Wizard.

Wizard-15.jpg

When this part of the magical journey began, I knew there was only one way I would be able to capture the true essence of what it was that I was experiencing. I always carry camera equipment, and this was the perfect time to gather a bit of video footage. Besides, how would I be able to explain something like this to others in writing, or even photos; especially since Obie asked if I had ever seen the Hades Underground City, and said it was a good place to launch a Quad. What? Sub-level Quad flying?

I just know that what I’m about to capture on film will not do this magical adventure justice.

At the end of the flight, Obie said, “This is going to be a bit tricky to get above ground again.” However, I had faith in his magic and just sat back to watch it unfold. After all, we just flew beneath the Corinth Hangars and the beach houses, how difficult could it be to fly through the side of a hill.

I had faith you’d do it Obie.

Well, not the most convenient landing spot, but at least we safely ended the adventure.”

Yes we did, and Corinth Beach is my favorite place on Calypso, especially the South Pier where many memories were made, and I shall have a visit before leaving – this is a perfect ending.

I just don’t know what to say, other than thank you, it was incredible, and something I won’t soon forget.

I’m already planning our next trip,” Obie says, “but it will be a little while. That means you have another opportunity to try not to imagine what sights you might see, or what new experiences you may have.”

I have learned that no matter how hard I try, I could never imagine the wonders of your creativity Obie, but instead resolve to the fact that I can only anticipate the unexpected, and even then, the anticipation could only be exceeded by the actual event.

Goodnight Obie.“

Goodnight MindStar.
break-c.png

There was an additional side trip to Port Atlantis after Fort Zeus where more magical moments occurred, but I’ll just share the photos which need no narrative or defining. Sometimes there are moments where words just wouldn’t do any justice.

Wizard-16.jpg

Wizard-18.jpg

Wizard-19.jpg

break-c.png

HAPPY 4TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY BABE
break-c.png

Top Bottom