3rd Hand Suggestion- More mob levels

PhoenixX

This is something that has come up in conversations-
Monria needs more mob levels - players are getting a bit bored and wandering off.
At the moment your hunter progression would be -
Shoggoth -> Yog -> Cultist -> High Level Cultist -> Shub

Trouble here is - the difficulty jump between Yog and Cultist is a bit high for newer players. Then the next jump from cultist to Shub is completely out of control.

There are higher maturity Shogs, near the apartments, and cavern exits which have slightly less health than a Yog. These are good.

Then you have the Yog Bosses in the crater which have more health than a cultist. These are a little hard for most players (although proximity to res terms means a careful hunter can finish them off at least) There needs to be something between normal yogs and the yog "boss" and cultist classes is mainly what I am hearing.

Cultists - in my opinion these are fine, as I can take down lower level ones fine, and they come with a good range of levels, but as above people seem to want something between current yog and cultist levels to "fill the gap" more. Although my only critique here would be there needs to be more of the lower level ones, at the moment except for cave 1, where there is two having a lovely chat, these guys mostly hang with the big boys. Requiring a bit of eyes on back of head skill for hunters in the crater or cave 3 area to avoid backing into higher level ones.

Shubs - now these start as high level horrors. I personally cant take them down at the moment (i sold armour for funding Soc) But with good Armour and a mid level uber gun they are not an issue. Although the respawn delay is a bit quick if you are trying to push into the final cave. As far as i can see they have a few levels. But I don't hunt at this level usually as the decay/burn/loot ratio makes it uneconomical for me. But these are good for the high level players. Tho I cannot personally say if their levels are just right or not. (any higher level players want to comment on these?)

Last edited:

Spawn

I think the levels are fine as they are.. except for the gap between yog and low level cultists. Level 5 , 6 and 7 yogs or cultists would be nice.

The shubs are not too hard. I wear a combination of paradox/liakon and have no problem with the level 40 shub.
The armor that drops on monria is aurora, jaguar and martial. Martial is better than what I am wearing. I guess a hunter wearing martial with a lower level than I am should be able to kill the lower level shubs. I am an old player, but not an uber player (210k skills)

PhoenixX

Spawn - yer pretty much what I am hearing.. only you put it more concisely :)

(btw When I say mid level uber gun, i mean guns with a lot of burn, that are generally unusable by non-depositing players for any length of time)

Top Bottom