5 Week Hunting & Mining Most Globals Event

Alissanos

VCAT Team Member
I do like the idea of separate event prizes for the different maturities and they have done that for previous events like the shubs and shoggots, for an event that's only a few hours long, it's fine, I can do shubs for a couple hours :)

Trixster

Hey Max, for sure mate I mean hunt within your means.. But I could go blast yogs 1 shot kill and clock them up, not really fair on the guy's grinding them on their level etc.. And not something I'm prepared to do, though looks like only way to win this event now! So I'm pretty much out, just thought an small adjustment would make sense is all :)

Maximus Cashicus

Hope ya don't bow out anyways, in the first days of the event Taco absolutely blitzed ahead on Shubs, they seem to global really well if u can afford to do them.

Alissanos

VCAT Team Member
There was a similar issue with the Gold Rush hunting event on ark where big players were competing in the Lvl 1 category with 100 hp mobs that were designed for lower skilled players. There were prizes for each category but that doesn't make a difference since the bigger players could kill 10 times the mobs that smaller players could and were much more likely to win.

I'm quite sure you could blast through the competition on Yog's and I totally understand why you choose not to, having separate prizes would be better for those hunting the high level mobs but wouldn't make a difference to the lower level players doing Yogs as they are still competing against players of all levels.

Don't give up, as Max said, Taco was killing it on Shubs, all you need is a few awesome runs and there's plenty of time left for that :)

Trixster

If taco put the same amount of time into the yogs he would probably have more than double what he has now.

It really is a yogs hunting fest as it stands, could hunt Shub 24/7 I'm pretty certain you won't clock as many globals as yog in half the time. Maybe most think it's cool like that, just adapt, hunt a mix etc etc.. I don't know. Just I guess I rather shoot bigger stuff :p

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey @Trixster

I can understand your point but I don't really want to change the existing competition. How would you feel if I added another competition between now and the St Patricks event? I could do the same format and prizes but limit it to shubs and cultists? So basically most globals in either cultists or shubs?

Ant

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
ON that though, wouldn't the shrubs be more apt to global due to the ped sunk to kill them. Like a shrub will global 1 in 10 kills, where a yog will global maybe 1 in 100 kills. In the end you spent about the same ped to kill each 'batch' of mobs. Yes you can kill yogs faster but you need more of them to global?

sluggo

Trixster

Yeah I think a shubs and cultists event would be good.

But also with the current format any of the low level players still have no chance as people are ploughing through with 1 shot kills :p It is what it is I guess!

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
ok I've set up the event :)

Most Hunting Globals Event from Tue 23th Feb 00:00 to Sat 19th March 00:00 (to give people some time to register)

On the existing format, I think it might be difficult to stop people ploughing through with 1 shot kills, I could do single highest global format but in a grind format I'm not sure I can prevent it. I could exclude the higher mobs and maybe that's the best approach next time! We also have some other events leading up to and on the St Patricks event so hopefully everyone gets a chance. We'll stick up a feedback thread after the event and see if we can tweak this going forward. It's our first Entropialife event and I am also looking at other ways of doing something similar but nothing that will be here in the short term.

Thanks
Ant

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I will be updating the main post as soon as I get some clarification on a couple of things from Anhithe.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I've set up this event: http://entropialife.com/Events.aspx?M=viewEvent&eventID=730

Ignore the fact it says (street king) it won't register this as there are none on Monria! I did mess up when I set the event up initially and I cannot edit events in EL once they are set up so ignore that one and just register for the above!

Here are the details with all the available target mobs for cultist and shubs:

Event Description:
Most Hunting Globals Event from Tue 23th Feb 00:00 to Sat 19th March 00:00

Prizes for this event:

First place: Monria Apartment
Second place: 200 PED
Third place: 100 PED

Event Profession:

Hunting

Event Rule:

Most Globals Wins

Event Target:

Cultist, Shub, Proselyte of Shut'thend, Sectator of Shut'thend, K’Tan Partathus Arch Follower of Cthulhu, Tempest the Eradicator, Castrantias the Void, (Street King)

Event Location:

At Monria

Event Start:

2/23/2016 12:00:00 AM

Event End:

3/19/2016 12:00:00 AM

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Brilliant solution :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I updated the original post with the new link.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Here are the current standings for all 3 events:

HUNTING

5-WeekEvent-Hunting-022716.png

MINING

5-WeekEvent-Mining-022716.png

SHUBS & CULTISTS