A Stable Monria | Update 4

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
The Irony of the title is probably not lost on anyone as we are getting a reputation for being a little different. Personally I'm quite normal but for some reason we seem to be attracting more and more Lunartics! This is great and really what this whole thing is about for us. We are building an asylum for the unstable and having immense fun along the way!

Long term stability is what we're trying to aim for and we're working hard to do just that through events and generally trying to make Monria a fun place to be. What is making this all the more special is that you are all joining us on this crazy journey and contributing so much to make this happen.

Shout outs
  • AHR's support has been amazing, thank you in particular to @Izz and @New York Rose, you are both great people and I'm so glad we found you :)
  • @Eleni Von Estlla - where in the Moon did we get you? From secret missions that only you know about to secret missions the entire Universe knows about - You are bringing a whole lot of fun to Monria
  • @Core - you make me laugh when I least expect it, like some ninja comedian
  • @sidekick069 - What can I say, you've always been a great and loyal friend. I never expected anything of you but I'm so glad you uprooted to the moon, thanks!
  • To the 4Qs for spending all my ped in yet more secret missions across Entropia.....
  • Also a special thanks to the 13 kind souls about to wish they'd never volunteered ;)
  • To everyone else, I appreciate you all, it's just that I have a party to get to and @Dark Moon Enigma will beat me if I don't get this done and @Kendra will beat me if I don't make it to dinner!
St Patrick's Day Event
  • 19th March Saturday - I'd recommend getting there early as we are attempting our most ambitious event to date. We will basically try to break the moon!
  • This will be the first of our annual St Patrick's Day Events and we're going all out to give everyone a taste of what we're aiming for next year.
  • Arrive early if you can! Assemble into teams for the parade and hunting events.
  • This has been in the planning for a while now and we've had some great support in making this happen. It will be a day-long carnival of Irish madness so grab your pet, dress in green, be ready to team hunt, solo hunt and mine, hit the crafting terminal, sweat, or join us later for some line dancing in the Main hub (Forgot that one @Dark Moon Enigma - lets try line dancing)
  • If you're a streamer it would be great to see you at this event as we're anticipating something that will be remembered for a long time to come ;)
  • There will be more information revealed as soon as I work through the dossier DM has prepared ;)
Marketing
  • We have seen an increase of around 60% in signups since we bought the moon. This is a continuous work in progress but is encouraging.
  • Trying targeted Facebook ads with new landing pages
  • We are rising in the serp for key terms (higher on Google)
  • Our social reach is increasing and is a key part of our strategy because we are focusing on the fun and social aspects of Entropia Universe so we want to attract more fun and social people!
Development
  • Added a News Portal to the forum. I'm trying to add more content so it is a fun resource for people and to attract new visitors, analytics are showing that we are getting found more and more through our content here
  • Have been working with Mindark and on regular calls working out our development plan. We are collaborating on a few ideas going forward. These things take time with planning and negotiations but it's been pretty positive so far.
  • We've been looking at some of the bugs we have on Monria and have agreed to some fundamental re-work in Monria's code base. This won't be apparent or obvious but is the root cause of some quirky bugs. We felt it was better to address these things properly in the interest of long term stability.
Shops for Sale
  • Don't forget from the 12th March two shops will be placed on the auction for a week, I'm looking forward to seeing who wins the bidding and sincerely hope someone gets a bargain and adds value to our growing community :)
The Economy
  • One thing I'm keenly aware of is the importance of our economy and I'm working to do what I can to support all our loyal Moonies. I'd also like to especially recognize the efforts of @sluggo who has been buying local materials, importing goods and generally helping us to grow. All this while running around in underpants!
  • We have a lot of talented people and I think supporting this is key to our long term success. I will be continuing to do what I can in small ways to help either on the forum, in game, or through our marketing channels.
Finally the Stable
  • Since we took over the moon, getting our own stable has been high on my list of priorities based on initial feedback and polls. I'm pleased to announce that in the upcoming VU, a stable will be placed on Monria. This is the first step in our development plan that I've been itching to tell you all about so I have decided to let the cat out of the bag.
  • It will be placed on the auction at some point after the VU, so if we happen to have any aspiring or accomplished tamers ;) - Now is the time to start saving!
stables_monria.png

Ok have to run, I have a party to attend, see you all there!

That's all Folks,
Ant

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Good update Ant, we are growing very well here.
One request, along with the stable can you also have them pop in the mining stuffs as well, ie ganganite, and the other few ores mentioned in a previous post but most importantly the Sweet Stuff. We really need to be able to make our own nutrio bars on the Moon w/o having to import that stuff from elsewhere. I say this from a member support point of view since I couldn't care less about pets to be bluntly honest :D The reason I ask to do all the mining stuffs is because if you are going to tweak that database might as well get it all done at once and I am pretty sure it WILL reset the loot tables for mining and they will need a few days to regen properly so you are not just finding lyst and oil. Why go thru that twice, it's annoying as hell.

Other than that it's looking very good, we are making great strides here. Please keep up the awesome work everyone!

sluggo

Alissanos

VCAT Team Member
I thought I had already posted here, but I must have forgotten to press the reply button :rolleyes:

Great update Ant and lots of exciting things to come, the stable will be a great addition and it's fantastic to hear about the increase in sign ups. I love all the changes that you have done to the forum, it's easily the best planet forum both to use and to read, many of the other forums sit mostly abandoned until an event or update but this one is always busy and I love the fact that you guys are so active here too.

Top Bottom