About Community Initiatives Program

Discussion in 'Community Initiatives | General Discussion' started by DarkMoonEnigma, Dec 6, 2015.

1. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Monria Yamato Pilot Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

Anhithe and I created a Community Initiatives Program (CIP) to get Monria participants involved in our ongoing efforts to make Monria a better experience. Several CIP teams were developed at the beginning of our taking over the Moon, and while we made great strides, we learned as we evolved what worked and what didn't work. We continued to revisit ideas until we got it right. We are very proud of our volunteer community members who help to manage and support our programs. We are truly blessed with an amazing community.

The current (CIP) programs in place are:

It is our goal to engage the Monria community in activities where they will become the beneficiaries of their own efforts, including contributions and decision making in partnership with the Monria Management Team toward Monria's future success, as well as elevating the fun factor.

We also want to get feedback from the community with regard to some of our proposed ideas, as well as what their wants and needs are so that combined efforts are as successful as possible.

We are building the Monrian community from the ground up, and we want to work with you to do that.

Daughter of Anarchy likes this.
  2. sluggo

sluggo Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius Shop Owner

Well, I guess you could start up with maybe 'points' of some sort for helping others. Those are rewardable for 'stuff'.
    That is a dangerous slippery slope though, might end up with a few of individuals trolling with a bunch of generally unwanted 'advice', as an example.

I know that Big Industries I think they call themselves, have sweat circles and stuff. Perhaps something kind of like that or sponsored hunts weekly or something? Rewards can be some items, maybe a small gun or something of that nature.

Giving stuff away to get people here, yes it's nice but you have to be careful you don't end up with a parasites who will grab all the free stuff they can and then haul ass, not really contributing to the economy here / community here.

For what it's worth, I will probably be here for a little bit, if not solidly then im bouncing back and forth tween here and Ark, I have commitments there too.

I'll be honest, lately monria's been sticking it up my ass loot wise all over but that is not really your control and I can still sweat too while I sulk so... :) I'll happily hang out in sweat circles when Im here and heal folks up a bit too as needed. No 'rewards' necessary.

The biggest obstacle I see for just a general hunt or something is keeping track of it. Without having that 'event' thingie like they have on other planets, it makes it really difficult.

sluggo

nikki taylor and DarkMoonEnigma like this.
  3. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Monria Yamato Pilot Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions, and I can certainly understand your concerns. With regard to keeping track of things for fairness, I believe Anhithe can address that better than I can because he's the systems and stats guy with workable resources in that respect. There will be more information shared as we get it formulated with what we'd like to propose to the community for their feedback.

We have ideas for how we want to reward Monria participants for their dedication toward making contributions that will help make Monria a better experience, and we're very mindful of potential pitfalls. Unfortunately, there is never total control over certain situations, nor the behavior on the part of some who only take advantage without giving back. However, we will do our best to assure that fairness is employed at the greatest level.

We have a lot of discoveries to make with regard to how things work, and what we need to address. My understanding is that good periods of loot are cyclical, but if I'm wrong, please correct that. At any rate, I'm sorry you've been having such a difficult time of it on Monria, but fully appreciate your dedication to helping despite it. When time permits, I will be joining your sweat circles because I have thoroughly enjoyed communicating with everyone I've come in contact with in the game so far.

With regard to the event zone, that is a priority for us. However, it's a matter of logistics, as well as what's doable. As soon as we have further information regarding that, we will share it with the community.

We also understand that participants have commitments elsewhere in the universe, and we actually support exploration and interaction. We are going to continue with the Monria Free Space Travel Program as well, and more details about that will be shared soon.

We have our work cut out for us, but we were out the gate once all was finalized with the sale, and we definitely appreciate the patience and support of the Monria community.

4. sluggo

Thank you for the feedback and Im looking forward to seeing what Monria has in store for us. It's going to be slow rolling, it always is, so don't get discouraged if the planets don't empty out to get here but once word gets out and it starts picking up I am sure it will keep doing so.

As I said before the daily crafting is a HUGE draw to people. The reward is very generous as well and I always tell folks working on their mentorship, don't just burn up miles of wire on a mother ship, come here and do this thing, you get some TT return back and you have a chance at a HOF, where as welding is just a ped burn.

All we really need to work at to make this viable and lucerative once again is getting materials here to sell folks at a decent price that they can use for that daily mission, without having to goto caly to get material, finish mission, them come back for reward. Granted there is the EP prints but well, let's not start that fight what REAL crafters think of those things :D

If monria could get some other different type of daily missions, or a few more iron mining or hunting missions, I think you could get the people here. Id like to see a Mon specific amp too, using monria prints and mon only materials, maybe a few yog tusks, zolenite and what that other garbage is, I can't think of it right now.

Ok, Ill shut up and go lay over by my dish now.

sluggo

5. DarkMoonEnigma

Never shut up Sluggo, or go lay over by your dish, unless there's something really yummy in it. :D

As I've said before, ideas, feedback and suggestions are very valuable to us, and you can rest assured that we are paying attention, making a list, and checking it twice since we're close to the Christmas season. :)

6. Venture Bros

Venture Bros Permanently Banned

People come here for the crafting daily. But want to craft stuff better then explosives. If I could partner with Monria to provide items for crafting, as well as guarantee a buy back price it would dramatically increase the amount of crafters here.

For example, if you would give me a fund of some PED to buy a certain crafted item from players, I could provide the items to craft said item. People would be encouraged to come craft the item, then you could sell the purchased crafted item in bulk for some minor profit. Something like that. I just woke up and it doesn't seem like I am explaining it too well.

7. Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde Moon Manager Staff Member Moderator Monria Media Team

Hey Sluggo, there's some good points here and I agree.

One thing that is important to me is I want us to take the hard road which is exactly in line with your comments, I don't want to take from other communities in EU but rather build ours from the bottom up. This means that I also don't want to just hand out free gifts to get people to visit. What's important here is that Monria is fun which can take a lot of different forms. Some thoughts in no particular order
    • A sense of common purpose
    • Events
    • Rewards
    • Support and growth
    • Gameplay
    The general economy question is a bit of chicken and egg as we need Monrians and we need stuff for Monrians.

Ahrotahn and DarkMoonEnigma like this.
  8. Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

I think the daily crafting mission is a great draw to Monria and I understand after crafting on lots of planets that what a crafter wants is easy access to ingredients. There's other aspects in this too, the demand is not meeting the supply. Our Shops need more buyers, to drive crafting and resource demand.

Another thing I would like is for the community initiatives program to grow into something a little more representative of the community (which we need to build). I.e. a larger representation, committee or group to make collective decisions. I don't particularly want to buy items from players for them to visit Monria. I want to focus on a way for these things to happen as it benefits players to do so, they enjoy running a shop, it subsidizes their playing etc. This is why I bought a shop way back when and started crafting new gear - I enjoyed that it funded my skilling and BP acquisition. Of course I had demand which is the important part.

What do you see as the demand for resources from crafters on Monria? What in particular do they want to be able to craft? What items do they want to craft?

Ahrotahn and DarkMoonEnigma like this.
  9. sluggo

What do they want to craft. Wow that shifts with the weather.... stuff that has some MU to overcome the inherent losses from grind crafting.

Not to sound like a 8==D but a check of the auction hall to see what sells a lot for good markup might be a good place to get an idea.

off the top of my very limited head.
    basic sheet metal sells well
    basic nuts I believe do
    basic sensors
    basic processors
    one or two other things.
    I am just now well into the point where I can comfortably mass craft the 'standard' quality stuff but don't have a butt ton of prints yet to do so, my knowledge on that 'range' is limited and I apologize for that.
    MONRIAN plate sells too BUT. not as good as it could, im thinking there isn't enough stuff, enough people to enjoy the goodies that are made from it. That is a circular issue there, get the people, it goes up, it goes up get the people bla, but is one of our native materials we need to try to push into more popularity.

The other problem is selling the finished items. I would like to say you can mark it down a few percent below MU and it will sell. That's not entirely fair to the crafter and to be sadly honest, most the people don't bother looking at AH's outside their current planet for general stuff. The big buyers do, but the general crafters etc don't. It's not worth it because the 2 ped I might save by getting it on Monria is taken up by the shipping fees or travel fees. There are two possible answers to this. The best obviously is getting people here to buy and use the stuff here. The next best would be that you have a MS, offer travel to Caly to sell on their auction and or get stuff there to bring here free of charge thing. This is another topic though.

Another thing I would like to bring up, if it's inappropriate please delete.
    Mention was made about the owner keeping shops stocked full of stuff needed for crafters. That is nice, it will help grow the planet but kind of jams the people who currently do own shops. Why would one want to run a shop here when the owner has 4 constantly stocked because they have safe travel? It's a good idea to kick start the planet but please be careful in the implementation so you don't kick current shop owners in the gems. Since I do not currently own a shop I have no vested interest either way but want to see fairness for everyone... if that makes sense.

Ill shut up for now :D

sluggo

10. Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Thanks sluggo,

You bring up a lot of great points. On the shop front I think you are right and I want to help the shop owners be as successful as possible (it's a tough old game).

The way I think we can achieve it in the shorter term (longer will take significant growth of the economy) is to give people reasons to go visit the shops. So we will run events and do what we can to get Monrians to come back. We will also provide the scheduled flights because new avatars will need to experience the full universe but they will come back because we are a fun place to be with fun stuff to do and they have a free way to do so.

They only reason I might consider running a shop is to ensure that people get what they need on Monria because nobody else is. This is another topic perhaps, but I would also like to set up a form of communication with the shop owners to aid their efforts.

My Brother Pusherman will be running a shop, he deposits, mines, crafts and hunts but he's not subsidized in any way by Monria. I just missed his birthday present with all this going on :p

Ant

DarkMoonEnigma likes this.
  11. Venture Bros

Basic and low cost crafting items like muscle oils and such. But you have entirely the wrong mindset. They are not crafters, they are not crafting. They are ticking away for the daily. They will craft whatever they can for the cheapest. Most often EP. But now that EP is so bad they want some markup from their crafting. Issue is, no one is buying the items they craft such as basic filters or basic screws on monria, as there are no CRAFTERS on monria, only daily doers. We need someone to buy the basic crafted items in bulk so people don't have to leave monria to caly every now and then. They are already supplied by the shops here very well.

12. sluggo

Rusty yes they are supplied by the shops here but at what extra markup? I realize you have a shop here and are going to push it at every opportunity but we need to take a good look at the overall picture here. If the shops were truly a bargain here then they'd BE here crafting. The shop front is lacking, which clearly shows. Given the overall balance of 'life and shops on monria' this is a very tough and delicate dynamic to tackle.
    I can get credit for the Monria daily by crafting on Caly. That is not helping this planet any at all. The stuff is a lot cheaper there too. You are right tho, they ARE ticking the daily off, and markup generally sucks, so they will do the stuff that pays off with a bit higher markup, ie sheet metal etc.

Step one is getting them here
    Step two is getting them to do their business here, keeping the money ON planet.

Even if we have to ferry them to Caly to sell off their stuff or whatever, in the short run, no that doesn't help a ton with building the planets bankroll BUT, it does get the people coming here and gets them USED to coming here, THAT is significant. Once we Do have people coming here, NOW we can work on getting them to keep their economy here, and we do that by giving them a viable venue to sell their stuff, buy their stuff, without... having to run to caly to do it.

Granted this is a work in progress and I am sure we are going to have to re do our game plan many times over. I don't have solid answers right now, I wish I did have a solution for us, but for sure, available and 'reasonable' materials for crafting is a serious issue here. As you say the EP is shit now, if we can provide them a GOOD source for crafting a real print, that keeps them here and seriously.. helps the entire crafting community out by providing a market once again for materials. Now they can sell their stuff at better prices which means the miners and hunters can afford more ammo, etc, it builds and builds. But you are a businessman you already know this :)

thanks for reading.
    sluggo

13. Venture Bros

I sell items below daily/weekly MU as do every shop here, have you browsed? We all charge less then on auction because of the lack of fee, and to get customers to come. If we charged over MU they wouldn't shop.

Why ferry them to caly to sell their wares, when we could just buy them here, then ship them in caly in bulk. That way they don't leave the planet is what I am saying. Also it is extremely foolish to go back to Caly to do the daily, as you have to fly to Monria to accept it, fly to caly to do it, then fly back to Monria to turn it in, then I assume fly back to caly to play, then in 24 h repeat. That is like 5 flights as costs more then the materials to even do the mission.

14. sluggo

I understand where you are trying to go rusty but the fact is, when I can't get materials I need to do the daily here, because I do NOT want to do the EP prints, I want something with a bit of Markup to offset my potential losses of the crafting process, I will goto Caly to get the material, craft it, and then YES come back here to get credit for the mission. I know a few people who do this already. It's not that much time to do so, and if I decide to mine on Monria, more times than not I can knock out the daily mining mission from Caly as well, by mining on Monria, so I can go back there to get credit for that as well. It all works out in the end and I lost what, an hour or so travel. It's only two trips, one there to buy / craft and one back to get credit. No need to go back to caly to play, there's plenty play here already. I can hunt, I can mine, I can sweat and chat.

You are correct, we DO want them to sell their stuff here, currently that is not happening, and until we get it to start happening, ferrying them back and forth might be a way to get it started. As I said, get them here first, then work on getting them to cycle their money here. If you want to stand around all day and buy stuff back then ferry it in bulk that's always an option. The problem here is, first, you would either have to have someone physically HERE to do this trading, possibly you could set up certain days / times and hope it covers most the time zones the targeted crafters do their stuff. OR... you could set up an order on the Monria AH for them to sell back their crafted goods, but now you are dealing with AH fees and that is cutting into your profits as well.

As has been said by a few folks here, this is a dynamic that is not a simple answer, it's going to take a bit of hard work and dedicated time on a few people's parts to make happen.

If you wanted to put up a few K ped to bulk buy stuff and huff it over to Caly, that'd probably be a very good 'venture' for you to get in as the planet grows. To be honest with you, when I sell stuff on the AH I tend to offer it a bit lower anyways just to get rid of it, because I don't want to sit on it a week, and as has happened in the past, I offer it at 'market' only to find that 'market' falls off a few percent and I end up eating it a week later by not selling. This means that if say sheet metal is selling for 135 percent, yep id more than likely sell it for 130 percent to be done with it and cycling the ped on other endeavors. I don't always look at percentages and go OMG!!!!!! I look at real value. If I am selling say 50 ped of material, and a four percent drop in sale is only what... 4 cents or something... Im good with it. Not sitting on it for a week is worth that, not giving 20 cents to MA for a lost auction fee is worth that. hell, not giving MA 20 cents in ANY auction fee because it's a private sale, Yep, I'm definitely good with that.

I already have bought sweat from people here. DO I need it, umm not really. Can I use is, yah, eventually it will be crafted into something or turned into ME. Buying it helps them out, keeps them here. I have bought ore from folks, Did I NEED it, ehh not really, can I use it, yes, I can work it into crafting over time. It was a decent price and it helped them out, and im not playing Mr. generosity here, it helped me out too, I always could sell it for more if I wanted. I don't have a problem putting a little money up front if it makes the planet grow, which in turn, can possibly make me a little money down the road.

I'll be honest, Im just happy to see a planet partner that is talking with it's people and wanting US to be involved in the development of the planet. We have something unique here, we are being told, what do you want us to do for you, what do YOU need, and not, this is what's happening.

Da' Slug

15. KrazySmitty

KrazySmitty Space Cadet

lol I got a boatload of xtra prints, ive saved quite a few prints besides my ones I keep :)

16. Zarnia Foxtrot

Zarnia Foxtrot Well-Known Member Volunteer Mentor

Hello. I don't know if anything I'm about to write has already been brought up by someone else. If so, I apologize. For the CIP program, we do need to consider people like me who find out about the program 3-6 months out from start date who didn't know about the program and moved off to another planet because there was more support there to pursue mining and hunting. From the perspective of Monria, I love my home planet but I know next to nothing about it except when I has here for my first two weeks and then went on to another planet and made a habit to visit my home world. Basically, I am a "new " person because I know very little about Monria and the CIP program was not actively in effect at the time I joined Entropia Universe/Monria. At this point, I have a mentor that is not usually online so most of my personal experience I had to learn on my own despite now being 77% through my mentorship. Personally, I think anyone who has not passed the mentorship on their home world is a "newbie" despite whatever amount of time has passed from their start date. People like me ARE "newbies" and should be able to have a claim to any benefits of "newbie" has as well.

Two, and this is a big consideration. we need to be able to have the ability to purchase land property on Monria. The two worlds with the best econonies, Calypso and Arkadia, both have land deeds and several other property deeds as well. Monria has NONE. Buying a rental property is not the same as owning land that you can improve and increase in value. This is also assuming that the land on Monria will be at some point more than just "moondust" and we will be able to have other life here besides shoggath, yogs, shugs, and cultists. If we are terraforming, why not have an area on Monria that is an ocean with underwater life that monrians can hunt and so deep sea mining which no other planet has to my knowledge. I know many people would love to do undersea hunting and mining..maybe even treasure hunt under the sea too. Hey, we can even charge a fee to non Monrians to be able to treasure hunt under the sea and increase our economy that way as well..:p.

But back to the main point, Monrians need to be able to buy their own land and make their own "homestead" or "business venture". Please give this serious thought. Thank you.

nikki taylor and KrazySmitty like this.
  17. DarkMoonEnigma

Zarnia, you are Monrian-born, so you have the privileges that are afforded every Monrian-born. You get free travel, the classes are available to you (they will be relaunched next week I believe), you can join in any of the Monrian-born events or activities we create for our Monrian-born, and certainly can join any of our other main events.

I would need to discuss with Anhithe the possibility of Monrian-born who do not have an official Monria Mentor, to maybe be able to participate in the new program we initiated on June 1st --> The Mentor Games <-- because the program was specifically set up for our official Monria Mentors and their Disciples. I don't know if we can expand this beyond what we have already set up, but I'll chat with Anhithe about it to see if there might be something we can do. I have a couple of ideas rolling around in my head, but I want to wait until I pass them by Anhithe before I say anything.

I responded to your post in the other thread that Monria is a Moon and not a full planet. We have a different kind of agreement with MindArk, and we don't have our own development team. MindArk implements our ideas and we have a very good working relationship with them. We work on implementing things that aren't too complex and things that will be beneficial or cool for the community. We have an exciting road map, and of course, everything in due time.

We also won't be expanding the size of the Moon anytime too soon, which means that we won't have land areas that people can purchase. The Moon isn't large enough for land areas right now, and not sure about the future.

We don't sell apartments, so you have to watch for when someone might put one up for sale. We only give our apartments away as prizes during our main events. It's difficult to buy a shop because once someone has one, they don't let go of them anytime too soon.

As I mentioned in the other post, questions like these are posted in Anhithe's Ask Me Anything section.

You keep saying "Mentorship" but I think you mean "Discipleship" -- so what you're writing is a bit confusing. You DO have the privileges of a Monrian-born, even though you have a Mentor from another planet. I just need to discuss with Ant how we can maybe work The Mentor Games so that other Monrian-born might be able to participate. We support only our official Monria Mentors, not other planet Mentors. We do things different on the Moon. :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    KrazySmitty likes this.
  18. Zarnia Foxtrot

Zarnia Foxtrot Well-Known Member Volunteer Mentor

Thanks for your reply and answers to my questions. Is there a way i can be put on an email list for events that will offer free apartments as the reward for the event?..I would be very interested in that possibility if there was such a email list ...

19. DarkMoonEnigma

We announce all of our events here at the forum with the details, we don't send out emails about them.

20. sluggo

Zarnia, when events like that happen, they tend to be BIG events. With that, they are posted well in advance. You will see the growing buzz about them all over the forums here.

Also, when you log in, the splash screen for Monria, those events tend to be all over that as well so you will have plenty of venues to figure out about them. You can always ask in Monria chat, Hey, are any events planned? To get your updates as well.

sluggo

KrazySmitty likes this.