An Arkadian Adventure

Dreambody

Hello !
For those who missed how I got to Entropia, here's the link :
Ok... Hello then.

So my point was to reach Arkadia, wich the Monrian crew offered me on "unofficial world time sequence : 04-15-2016". The trip was easy as I was offered to jump on board as previewed. It lasted something like 20 minutes (I didn't even have enough time to visit the whole ship before I got there). The trip was nice : Kendra even offered me a free shuttle to Arkadian ground.
Being there I started to look around and found some Non-Player-Character (NPC) that gave me the mission to reach the New Arrivals Hangar... About 7 kms off the spaceport. So I rezzed my vehicle and took off. Sadly I had to quit the road and, as my vehicle could not climb mountains, I had to pick it up and rezz it again a few times before... Unexpectingly, I fell into the sea. I still don't understand how. I just fell through the ground down into the sea.

"[System]: The vehicle is submerged and the driver has lost control over it. If the vehicle goes too deep all passengers will be ejected."

I looked for my vehicle to pick it up but didn't find it... Anyway my inventory showed I still had the option to materialize it again so I started to swim toward my goal : the New Arrivals Hangar. Swimming I could even see trees hanging in the sky above me !
After a while, as I closed to my goal, as what said my Head-Up-Display, I reached a coast but the slope was too steep to climb and actually my avatar was stuck on the coast. I could not climb, nor go anywhere else so I logged off.

Pretty strange but at least I had the time to enjoy a lustfull scenery and didn't not get attacked by any predator. Hopefully, as I didn't have any ammo to defend myself... So it was not that bad was it ? (next part of my Arkadian adventure in another post)

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
If you look in your action library there is an icon to recall vehicles to planet storage. If you ever lose a vehicle like that again or any of the other twisted ways I have in the past, you can grab them from your storage locker this way.

As Max also stated pressing T will bring you to a revive station. Most of them are by a teleporter which will let you get to where you need to from there.

Ark is fun and there is a lot to do there but if you plan on staying in EU for a while, armor is critical, and the cheapest ways to get it, is to graduate your discipleship, and the two easiest ways to do that are to either craft the Monria Daily or do Repair Skilling on a Mothership or Privateer. The repair skilling is also available from Monria.

Either is going to cost you ped, lets be honest here.
If you deposit it goes a LOT faster and you can have a lot more fun. If you do not want to deposit / can not deposit then you can do activities like sweat or walk for fruits to earn ped in a way that don't cost you to do so. You can then sell both fruits and sweat for the ped to pursue your preferred ventures.

Also, if you do sweat, getting constantly slapped around builds your defensive skills which is CRITICAL to survival in fights.

As far as sweating goes, Monria is a LOT better than Ark is, we have a mob called a Yog in Cave 3 which has a decent amount of sweat to gather before it dries out, and does not hit too hard so won't kill you in a few swats like the nusils will on Arkadia. When it does dry out the turret is right there to run it into it, heal and go after another.

One of our crafters, Crazyshadow buys sweat, and I do on occasion as well.

Please enjoy your stay on Arkadia, it is a really nice planet, truly it is, but when you want to get serious on your armor to go further in the game, I would seriously recommend Monria's venues. ie Daily Craft Mission and / or Repair Skilling to earn your ways towards it.

sluggo

Dreambody

Thanks for your advices and informations ! I don't mind the strange things that happen to me you know.
@Dark Moon Enigma : I might come back to Monria someday but not yet. I want to see more of Arkadia.
@Maximus Cashicus : Thanks ! I'm sure I'll soon get an opportunity to try that. :D
@sluggo : I remember seeing that key to recall vehicles before but in the action I didn't remember where to find it.
I don't usually spend money on games, I'm in no hurry, I'm not very interested in fights either, I prefer to relax here. :cheers2

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Hi dream body have fun on Ark its big enough to keep you busy for a while. Don't forget you are always eligible for the free flights on Friday and Sunday so if you do get tired and want to try somewhere else, we can fly you to calypso too :)

Keep us up dated on your adventures. It's lovely to hear stories from all over the universe,
And I like the idea of a traveling wanderer sharing them with us :D

Can't wait for the next instalment

Good luck

Dreambody

Kendra's so kind to me... :)

Login back in today I was at the same place (in the water next to a steep cliff) but I wasn't stuck and didn't need to swim long to get out of the water. Getting to the New Arrivals Hangar was quick after that.

I found the place neat, well thought and pleasant to the eye. The sound ambiance was ok too but I didn't find it too welcoming : one NPC said I wasn't Arkadian so he couldn't give me missions, another told he could give me a passport for 10K sweat (!) when I don't even know what use there is to a passport and outside, at the Advisor Booth, where there's an NPC hinting to ask for an advisor on the local chat to get help, I followed her advice, a few times, at different hours but no-one ever answered me...

So not knowing what to do I started running around (I guess I took that from Forest Gump). This way I quiclky met an Arkadian who said he started the game two days ago, so couldn't help me much but said he read somewhere that it was easier to make PED on Calypso. When I told him that being a Monrian I could get free trips back and forth he went like "Wow... Nothing free around here". At the end he said "being a noob, the only advice I can give you is go to the Quarry. North of there you can sweat if you have the equipment for that. Otherwise..." Looking in my inventory, by chance I found the gear needed and did that quite a while, died a few times but finally found a creature, the size of a chicken with a nose like an elephant, to wich I resist a while... But thinking one can be born here a mountain of muscles like me and be beaten up by like a wild chicken let me thoughtful. :laugh

Dreambody

If you do not want to deposit / can not deposit then you can do activities like sweat or walk for fruits to earn ped in a way that don't cost you to do so. You can then sell both fruits and sweat for the ped to pursue your preferred ventures.

Also, if you do sweat, getting constantly slapped around builds your defensive skills which is CRITICAL to survival in fights.
Walking for fruits sounded good to me but I didn't find where to do that and I started sweating anyway, even thought I didn't know it was good for you to get constantly slapped. :eek:rder

As far as sweating goes, Monria is a LOT better than Ark is, we have a mob called a Yog in Cave 3 which has a decent amount of sweat to gather before it dries out, and does not hit too hard so won't kill you in a few swats like the nusils will on Arkadia. When it does dry out the turret is right there to run it into it, heal and go after another.
Those Nusils are the easiest creatures I found to soak though. Mainly because they're pretty easy to outrun when low on health. I've even survived a total soak of a creature like an ostrich but I guess I'll follow your advice and get back to Monria with tonight's flight.

One of our crafters, Crazyshadow buys sweat, and I do on occasion as well.
I'm comming back with more than 500 units. How much is it worth ? Will I be able to buy my a decent pant and shoes ? Kendra gave me a pant so that Arkadians don't think that we Monrians use to run around in underwear, but it's not too stylish and also that leaves me bare footed.

Please enjoy your stay on Arkadia, it is a really nice planet, truly it is, but when you want to get serious on your armor to go further in the game, I would seriously recommend Monria's venues. ie Daily Craft Mission and / or Repair Skilling to earn your ways towards it.

sluggo
Ok, I hope this time I'll close up with some mentor to learn about all this. :topicclosed

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Don't count on looking for fruit or stone anywhere in the universe it is every where but in very small amounts so you wont be able to rely on it as an income source.

Come on home, and get some advice and help from the mentors to see how to go on from here...
and then maybe next weekend check out Calypso there maybe more stuff there to do for new players than Arkadia.

And don't forget there are loads of places to try so if Ark Doesn't suit you maybe one of the other planets will..
There's Toulon, Rocktopia, Next Island and Cyrene still to look at :) and they all have a different feel to them :)

But remember no matter where you end up, you can always ask for advice back here or in Monria chat.

Your Monrian born
and that makes you family :D

Dreambody

Aww Kendra... And I heard on Arkadia-Celeste Quarry about a free flight today. I don't know if they have many but they have some :

[Local] [Simone]: Today @ about 17:15PM game time, BIG Industries will be doing a scheduled free warpflight to and from NI.
[Local] [Simone]: Check Next Island Warp Flights | Planet Arkadia Forum for more info :) Gathering at Celeste Quarry
[Local] [Dreambody]: what does NI stand for please ?
[Local] [Simone]: Next Island

sluggo

Shop Owner
There are a few folks who do warp flights, most charge ped to do it.
There are a few free ones out there, most of those have an agenda to them. By agenda I mean they are for some greater purpose. The Next Island one, BIG Industries, I believe has an event they do out there, so give folks a free hop back and forth from Ark to there. The Monria free warp is Monria Team's way to say thank you to all it's citizens by giving free transportation To and from Monria from Ark and Caly. There was one that I remember seeing on the weekends that did one big round robin flight but I don't know if they still do it. Flights cost fuel, time and effort, very few of them are free because they are NOT free to accomplish. If you happen to come upon one that is free, it's truly something to appreciate.

sluggo

sluggo

Shop Owner
You are quite welcome dreambody and it's a steep learning curve in here. Ive been here a few years already and still am learning stuff. (Too bad I havent learned how to make ped reliably hehe)
If you have any questions by all means ask in chat and I am sure there will be someone happy to assist you. If for some reason there is nobody available in Monria chat, I have found over time that Arkadia chat channel is very helpful as well.

sluggo

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Oh I like the sound of a free flight anywhere :)

As sluggo said they're hard to find, but big industries are good people as far as I'm concerned :thumbsup
They run lots of events on a number of planets and it might give you a chance to check out NI for free :)
That's always good, so long as they can get you back to civilization ;)

you're having a great adventure, you'll have to tell us how your time on NI goes :)

Top Bottom