Bittersweet Victory

Victory

So this has been a trying day to say the least. Closed quarters and controversy have left a bitter taste in my mouth despite my successful hunt. I arrived with new vigor having given up chase on the dig. Despite occasionally finding something out of the ordinary and my original zeal for mining, I find far greater thrill in the hunt. I lack the proper degree of patience for unearthing buried mysteries, I find that typically I shoot my way to the answers I seek more quickly. Today in fact I have had the good fortune of hunting down my first discovery in quite some time.

In contempt of my good fortune, today has torn away at my very soul. I have been consumed by the days anger. The quarantine has made everyone furious. We have been forced into small confined locations with others whom we share little to no common history. But for these few short days since the corps called in us meatsacks for their fall guys, most of us are alien to one another. Why do we take the risks? Well we don't meet the byzantine criteria to live out our days in their vaunted towers or even their austere factory tenements. We risk what little we have each day in hopes of maybe having a little more to work with that next day. The citizens bitch about living paycheck to paycheck. Well try life as a colonist chum, it ain't all guns and glory. With occasional sponsorship some of us eventually reach a degree of self sufficiency, while most will rely on our sponsorships at a significant loss of pride. Needless to say in these small spaces emotions were already running high due to the confinement. The events of the prior days did not ease tensions by any means.

The phrase from my dream, the single intelligible utterance, it makes sense now.

"Sheb-Teth shall bring this manifest through Lootius..."

Lootius has been held in high adulation on many planets that rely on any significant colonist population. Some consider it a quaint folk deity only esteemed by the ignorant masses. Others see Lootius as some form of good luck charm, nothing more then a superstition. The Church of Lootius had the largest degree of structure and dogma to their belief system, however I believe their followers have been scattered to the winds. Lootius is considered a deity of fortune. Many individuals have been known to maintain their own private formalities in preparation to appeal for a good hunting or mining expedition. Crafters have been known to be particularly peculiar and private about their observances. There have been those few cases of individuals with darker practices for making their pleas to Lootius, though Lootius himself has always been considered largely benevolent. I am beginning to wonder at those corrupt few and if perhaps they had seen a truth that none have suspected. Is it not, perhaps, Lootius the Almighty or even Lootius the Bountiful but rather Lootius the Deceiver? Is it not greed and dreams of good fortune which have drawn us to this rock and bound us to it? The jealousy and rage and envy only inevitably consumes us all as we descend into conflict amongst ourselves. The closed quarters bear no solace, no reprieve, no where to even hide... All in all I suppose it was a pretty great day though as Lootius has shined down good fortune upon me...

Finally got that discovery I originally set off to Monria for and it's got great tiers for any of my fellow tier junkies out there!
All in all a fantastic run with lots of fun item drops from those strangely sexy Shubs.

PRINT SCREEN 2013-11-07 13-24-52.jpg

PRINT SCREEN 2013-11-07 13-27-40.jpg

Original Thread Posted here: http://monria.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-strange-dream.22/#post-434

Last edited:
Top Bottom