Books (Datapads)

Rex Ormunde

There is one thing that stuck out for me in another game. The amount of books it had. I'm not even joking. If you want people to really get into the lore and stories of a game, I think in-game books are the best way to go about it. Though, in this case I'd probably go with datapads to keep with the theme.

I think low-value datapads should either be laying around in certain places, or be an uncommon drop off the monsters of Monria. These datapads could contain fan stories, or stories created by the developers, a mix of both, or whatever. It could be a fun idea. The question though is if it could work here. I have no idea if say, an item description box, can hold a large amount of text. Or some other option.

P.S. The quest for the book chapters doesn't count. That's for a quest, not random game depth. :p

Mikass

The Monria lootable story chapters offer something close to that and it's certainly a direction worth exploring.

Rex Ormunde

It's a direction I wanted Entropia to take long before Monria even existed. The only problem was back then, there was nothing that could store large amounts of text like that. This was also before the CryEngine update, so yeah, real long time ago. lol

PhoenixX

Not entirely off the mark - but you can now write up your own characters bio, it is viewable if you are on a friends list; and might (not sure here) show in the life scanner text. If it doesn't might be worth mentioning life scanners to MA.
Not books exactly, but you can put in a fictional background for your character - and you yourself can write it and other players can read it.
For example my characters bio contains a brief history of his time in Entropia in a story Dossier style. Other characters use it to discuss being Mentors, some shop keepers list items they regularly trade etc etc. Decent potential for player content and free unlike the participant upload console.

Rex Ormunde

Not entirely off the mark - but you can now write up your own characters bio, it is viewable if you are on a friends list; and might (not sure here) show in the life scanner text. If it doesn't might be worth mentioning life scanners to MA.
Not books exactly, but you can put in a fictional background for your character - and you yourself can write it and other players can read it.
For example my characters bio contains a brief history of his time in Entropia in a story Dossier style. Other characters use it to discuss being Mentors, some shop keepers list items they regularly trade etc etc. Decent potential for player content and free unlike the participant upload console.

I was actually unaware of this. It indeed is great for character biographies. At least we don't need Roleplay Addons like certain MMORPGs? :p

Top Bottom