Can we put the list here of shops on a sign/marquis by tower tp's?

Discussion in 'Monria Shops' started by Zarnia Foxtrot, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Zarnia Foxtrot

Zarnia Foxtrot Well-Known Member Volunteer Mentor

I didn't look to see if this idea was posted before but someone new to Monria or visiting Monria doesn't know the lay of the land here. Everywhere else (planet, asteroid or moon) , they just look to auction to get what they need. If someone doesn't know about Monria's focus on shop owners, they would think we didn't have anything to sell on our auction. In addition, it would help to mention what each shop owner has as a focus for their shops.

Most that I have seen have a blend of items. However, if Monria continues to develop more, some shop owners may decide to specialize. So, if this idea goes forward, could the sign include the owner's name, location and type of goods they are merchandising?

What do ya think?

Gunvald of Monria, Gunner and Kendra like this.
  2. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Monria Yamato Pilot Community Manager MCAT Team Member Chief Fun Officer Monria Media Team

All of the Shops are listed here Zarnia, and most of the Shop Owners keep up with their inventory list so that we know what they have available in their shops. I think Ant addressed this before, but not sure where. It might be a challenge mechanics-wise to have something like a Marquis with a list of shops and their inventories, but even if it was doable, it would be a big undertaking and it would also not be high on the priority list.

I understand your thinking though, and it would make it easier when arriving at a TP on the 9th floor of the apt towers where the shops are to be able to have an instant glance at what's what. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

In the meantime, I will also use this opportunity to encourage our Shop Owners to keep their inventory list updated in the dedicated section I created for each of them. It would be very helpful to everyone.

Thanks

3. Zarnia Foxtrot

Zarnia Foxtrot Well-Known Member Volunteer Mentor

Ok..Thanks for letting me know. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how complicated it would be to do. Well, hopefully, it may be added to the list of "to do" things down the road..lol

4. Khorrah Jess Arkhav

Khorrah Jess Arkhav New Member

I found myself wishing for this exact thing tonight. I just happened to say something in #monria and kingu was kind enough to post a link to the directory. Having a sign with a simple url for the directory at either tp and/or the arrival hub would be an awesome addition. It would be a “pointing hand” to something I didn’t even know to ask about. It may be common knowledge to monria locals/regulars, but a newcomer may have limited knowledge of the forums (as I am guilty of), and would eliminate a nightmare of an updating marquis.

I had the same thoughts about Monria having a very limited economy and only spend short trips because of it. I imagine this new information will improve my experience on Monria by a good bit.

5. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Monria Yamato Pilot Community Manager MCAT Team Member Chief Fun Officer Monria Media Team

I have asked Ant if we can put a sign up at the Monria Hub TP behind Denis Pedersen, and asked if there was a way to also put a sign in each of the towers (not sure there is) ... I will also put an ad in the Monria ad terminal with the Monria Directory link, as well as a link to the 11 Monria beginner missions that have their own thread with graphics and extra instructions because a few of them are tricky.

Thanks for bringing this up because we want our community members and visitors to have as much information as possible in order to be able to navigate Monria efficiently. :)