Cave Adventures- Episode 1

Hayate

There are times in your life when you can truly say this is it, this is the end. Looking back on my experience I can find the humor in it, however at the time it was a different story.

The Construct

My day started just like all others did a casualty, only to be reconstructed, sure I was getting a new body, but all my past experiences were wiped. As I lay adrift in the primordial stew awaiting the reconstruction process the electrical signals began to spark, slowly at first one here, one there. Then like fire-works, I began to formulate thoughts, who was I, what did I do, did I have a wife, a family? These questions hanged over me for a while, the fear of loss was as heavy as the looming darkness, after contemplating what I may have lost, I concluded that I may have lost nothing, maybe I was a nobody, so I was determined to make this life better than the last, of which I couldn’t remember.

Still darkness, cold and silent, then out of nowhere, I could hear loud roaring machines and the subtle beeps of computer equipment. I couldn’t pinpoint the direction, as it seemed to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. What seemed to be an eternity in darkness was being broken by light, first it was very faint reds and whites, the like a blast of air, I could see incredible colors blues greens and purples. The colors were flying past me, and around me. I started to feel, very lite tingles at first, then it was like a static shock that continued to grow in intensity. Every shock was becoming more powerful than the last, and just when I can’t take it any longer, everything goes away, no pain no colors, just bright white, and a low white noise, like my ears are ringing.

The Awakening

The white starts to dim and with a gasp of air the world starts to slowly fade into view. I had awakened in some sort of revival facility, I looked around at the dreary grey walls, and wondered where I was, and how long I had been dead. At then a short crackle from the intercom system with an unfamiliar voice welcoming me to Genesis Alpha Station. I was given instructions on how to move again. The basics walk, run, and how to look around. There seemed to be a sense of urgency to get me out of the facility and into the training environment, at the time I was unsure of this urgency, and just left it to over worked personal. I was then instructed to Talk with Mr. Yoshida to continue my training.

Upon entering Thule, I was given a laser pistol and was instructed to shoot the target balls, these grey blinking balls I shot down one by one, with what seemed like expert marksmanship. I would later realize that hitting a moving target, that’s wants to eat you is a little more difficult. My first kill was a rush of adrenaline mixed with excitement and fear and the shaken of my hands, which would lead to several missed shots only a few yards away from my target. It was at this moment I really understood what life means and if you want to survive you need to better yourself in all areas. I continued my training here, getting more comfortable with my environment and gaining useful knowledge to help me on my journey to live a better life than before. Finally, after surviving my first encounters with the indigenous wildlife and the fanatic robots I was greeted with a pilot to take me to my new home.

The New World

As I boarded the Sleipnir, Lt. Smith started up the engines, he began to inform me of the flight details and what I can expect in my new home, but as the engines roared, the gravity of the situation started to settle in, and the adrenaline high I was on was wearing off, as the pilot rambled on I found myself starting to drift, my breathing slowed and my eyes became heavy. The sudden rush of g-force as we climbed into the air kept me going in and out of consciousness, the engines slowed into a dull roar and the slight vibration was like a soothing lullaby and as we leveled off in flight, the roaring sounds dimmed away, my eyes closed and the darkness had me again.

I don’t remember much of the flight to my new home, nor do I remember getting off the Sleipnir. I awoke on a Moon name Monria and I was in the transport room of the Monria Hub I can only assume that in my exhausted stupor, I was taken off the Sleipnir and transport down to the Moon. In this transport area I look around, and the surroundings are clean and well maintained, the slight scent of jasmine fills the room, as I start to take in my new surroundings, Hank Powers welcomes me to Monria and begins to tell me how I can help on Monria, after relaying all the ways I can help he instructs me to fulfill a priority need now, and that is to contact Trip out in the field to relay vital information, of which they do not trust to send electronically. I agree to do this task, and as I step into the transporter, my mind begins to wonder what adventures I’ll encounter and if I’m truly ready for the dangers ahead.

…To be continued

Top Bottom