Chipping skills out

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I tested this for you...

After me asking advices around and getting too many "?" , "No idea" , or "Dont do this youll lose everywhere" , I decided to keep a note here of what ive done.

I wanted to chip out m BLP weaponry technology skills, in the sight of "trading" them for something more useful for me.

I was asking what size of ESI (Empty skill implant) i needed, and not even experienced players could answer me.
In the end, couldnt find any relevant answer, i E-mailed my unofficial mentor, and he sent me there.
Once again, entropedia..
esi.JPG

Easy, 3700 to chip out, i want to go down to 1
ESI size needed is 54.37TT
As for 10% losses in the process will result as a 48.93TT BLP skills chip.

***NOTE*** You can use many small TT chips to chip out, as the losses are 10% whats ever, we did it in 4 o 5 small chips as bigger ESI are harder to find.
Luckycharm:Make sure the remainder of your ESI will always be at least 10 ped in case you do not use it up entirely.
This because ESI's below 10 ped do not exist; you would get that remaining TT value back as peds and pecs instead of an ESI otherwise, which is a decent markup loss.

Second point he made and he was right was tat ESI MU was extremly close to BLP weap. tech MU, so it has no point selling.
In my case i just wanted to trade them, but, ESI being 1300% MU and BLP 1500% MU, I in the end just decided to "gift" someone with them.

Anyway throught this i could size the ESI correctly.

Now, i been warned that i would lose in every combat professions doing so, in my case plasma, and i denied this statement, i refused to believe this.

And i was right. Explanations.
blp.JPG

Profession affected by BLP weap tech.............................

BLP Pistoler
BLP sniper
BLP engineer
Mounted BLP
Ranged BLP

By chipping out ONLY them will be affected.

I tested for you, thats exactly the way it is.

Last note, to chip out,

Get an ESI,
Just as minforce implants, drag it on the implant inserter sold at TT terminal.
Equip it
Use it
Then a screen appear to let you pick what skill to chip out.
Pick, and the Chip will be in inventory with the skills on it.

Enjoy :hi

PS. @Dark Moon Enigma I didnt know where to post this, a "general tips" section could be useful?

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Nice explanation Eleni,

You're doing so much for education the community we should call you professor ;)
That means you gonna buy me a teacher dress? and matching shoes?

Professor sounds like a crazy white coat with those way too long sleeves and bombed style hair, to save the bent glasses, really?

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
oooooh nice remark Gally :p ill add this to the OP, i didnt know that, more likely didnt think of even tho i did it instinctly when i chipped out, more like i been lucky haha :D

This link is very interesting, ill play a bit with and ill put it in OP and in the "profession" Thread :p
Thank you for this :hi

Last edited:

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
I thought you could get a 10 ped ESI from the TT or has that changed? But yes what you don't use comes back as either a smaller value chip or ped if it is too small to be useful.

sluggo

Edit: YES you can get a 10 ped ESI from the TT, it's under medical supplies. If you don't mind doing small / multiple chip in / outs this is probably the best way as you are not paying markup on it.

Last edited:

Luckycharm

sluggo said:
...Edit: YES you can get a 10 ped ESI from the TT, it's under medical supplies. If you don't mind doing small / multiple chip in / outs this is probably the best way as you are not paying markup on it.

Either you are under the influence of something or you are mistaking the "NeoPsion 10 Mindforce Implant" for an ESI lol

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Im probably a bit of both. I know there is the tool, the 'thing' you put in, I tought there was an empty implant too?

Let me look again, as you can see, this is not one of my strong knowledge points.

Does anyone have a brain I can borrow? My last one I got from Abby Normal :)

sluggo

Top Bottom