Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
As most probably know, I have been having issues with my computer and the dreaded blue screen of death ... poor Malgar has been on Discord with me for hours and he's been awesome, but I still need to do some things and it's going to take a while, so I am probably not going to be able to get in the game anymore today.

I will leave an update note as things progress. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, as an update ... Malgar talked me into upgrading to Windows 10 ... and while that was going on, this is what Anny was posting in our work Discord channel with Shadow and Malgar ... what a brat, LOL ...

DME-Win-10-LogInScreen.jpg

login-failed.png

bluescreen.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
This could have been a really stressful situation, but Anny, Shadow, and Malgar really made it a fun experience, even though I was almost hyperventilating thinking about something going wrong and not having my computer ... my Monria job dePENDS on this computer, LOL ... but all worked out in the end and we had a lot of laughs.

Let's just hope my BSOD won't still happen. :pullingmyhairout

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I even feel smarter now after that marathon ...it's been hours going through what we did. :p

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Had another BSOD today, and promptly engaged Malgar again for another Discord session, but this time I got a file name that helped ... dxgmms2.sys ... apparently, when I went to my NVidia GeForce Experience screen to update the driver (new one just came out on 6/24/20), I actually didn't update my driver, LOL ... serious nerd in training error. :p

At any rate ... we had yet another fun session today, got that business sorted, but of course, Anny was behind the scenes immortalizing the incident ... that girl is crazy ... LOL ... wouldn't want her any other way though, her craziness is actually a level of brilliance that works. :D

So here is the latest in her gallery of "DME is not quite ready for nerdom" ... I'll accept that fail, but I will get even. :nana

AnnysBSODfun.jpg

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Well, I managed to stay in the game for a while and even spent some time healing the MBs at DSEC Mining Camp while they were sweating, and it seems my PC issue has been resolved.

Color me HAPPY. :jumpclap

I want to say thank you BIG TIME to Malgar for his patience and perseverance in helping me get to the bottom of the blue screens of death I was experiencing, and to Anny not only for her suggestions and links to complement Malgar's, but also for her crazy graphics that kept us all laughing ... oh, and the constant flow of gifs that cracked me up.

Shadow supervised ... her cat, to make sure it didn't shut off her computer again. :p

I'm out of the game at the moment, but will be logging in later to check up on the MBs again, and to see if anyone else in the community needs me for anything. Before I logged out, the Dunwich Horror popped up and I think there were people trying to take it down ... if so, I hope he dug deeper into his pockets for them. :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Well, I can report that I did log into the game again Thursday evening and stayed for quite a bit to see if my computer would behave ... and it did. I am happy this blue screen business is over.

Now it's time to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 ... at least I will attempt too. :D

I only use it for writing and not for the game, but it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom