Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

YogsRevengeBanner.png

break-c.png

I spent a little bit of time in the South Crater over the past couple of weeks and there was a lot of spittin' and hissin' by the Yogs because we took them to slaughter and achieved our goal of 500 Globals in 12 hours. It was actually 506 to be exact. They don't think I understand Yoganese :rolleyes and I was able to pick up on a plan they have of getting revenge against us.

They don't think we have it in us to pull off another victory against their 6-legged aggression, so they're going to challenge us to a second round of all-out slaughter ... them against us!!

Let's show them that we will not only defeat them, but rise to the occasion and surpass our previous Global goal and get more than 500 in 12 hours. Can we reach 600, 700? Let's bust it wide open. :D
break-c.png

Date | Saturday, September 9th
Time | 12:00 -to- 23:59 EU Time
Location | South Crater

Instructions

• show up at the South Crater TP between 11:30 - 12:00 EU time before the event starts
  • see DME to receive ... something (again) :p
  • this is a solo hunting event only, so no teaming
  • make sure to have the Monria chat channel active for instructions throughout the event
  • please ask questions in Monria chat and refrain from PM'ing me during the event
  • --- I have to monitor the global tracker and it's easier for me to respond in Monria chat
  • be considerate of your fellow players during the event
  • and yes ... we will have an increased Yog spawn in the South Crater on Saturday
  • --- this includes all named mobs and bosses
Information on the increased spawn for the event:
  • the progressive Yog pockets as they are now after the reconstruction will remain the same
  • a new increased Yog spawn script has been written so it doesn't interfere with the Yog Wave
  • the information regarding the increased spawns is listed below
  • as you will see, there are 3 locations to better serve player levels
Here are the coordinates for the increased spawns:

[38499, 18904, 74]
Yog Broodmother
Yog Sothoth
Arbitrator The Vermin
Vacuity of Perforation
Persecutor of Abyss

[39040, 18908, 94]

Yog Gougher
Yog Tunneler
Yog Dredger
Yog Ransacker
Yog Penetrator
Yog Perforator

[38663, 18711, 33]
Yog Scrub
Yog Scraper
Yog Burrower
Yog Delver

About the Prizes
  • when collecting the prizes for this type of event, I think in terms of practicality and usefulness
  • however, sometimes I really get random and throw in something out of the ordinary
  • I cruise our Monria shops for the prizes to support our Shop Owners
  • several community members have donated quite a few nice prizes this time
  • the global prizes will be given out not at a set time, but randomly and rather consistently
  • --- that's because we have a lot more prizes this time than last and will give them all out
  • make sure that you keep an eye on Monria chat for when I call out for a global
  • oh, and ... it's somebody's birthday, so some globals will require something specific
  • --- but the prizes will be worth it :D
break-c.png

See you on Saturday, and don't forget to ...
" Expect the Unexpected "
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just wanted to let everyone know that despite that I live in Florida in the US and hurricane Irma is headed directly to our state, I am West Central Florida on the Gulf side. Unless the hurricane track abruptly shifts too far West, we should be ok even with tropical storm effects from the outer feed bands.

It doesn't look like we'll feel any of it until about Sunday morning, so that means that we should be good for Saturday's event.

This is a monster hurricane the size of Texas who just got hit by Harvey, and Irma is said to be the largest with the highest sustained winds in recorded history (185), except for maybe Allen in 1980. We haven't had a hurricane hit Florida since 2005. Hurricane season goes from June 1st to November 30th, and there's already a Category 3 on the path of Irma, but that's expected to stay out at sea. It's been quiet for 12 years, and we knew we were overdue.

It looks like Miami might take a direct hit, so we're hoping Irma will take more of a right turn. Anyone in South, and especially South East Florida, please be safe.

I'll give an update if anything changes and we have to postpone the event because of potentially losing power.

Legends

Our thoughts will be with you and your safety this Saturday, that's one heck of a birthday present by the way...

Maybe just wishful thinking but I noticed in the last few hours that winds have reduced to 150 MPH, hopefully the strength of Irma doesn't increase again before landfall.

Stay safe DME, TJ and anyone else in that region :security

Legends

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
This Saturday should be ok because I don't think we'll start experiencing anything until sometime Sunday or Monday after it lands in the southern portion of the state. We're keeping a close eye on it though, and if it takes the path up the center, or just East of the center of the state, the entire state is in for some trouble.

The big problem for the southeast by Miami and along the coast is the storm surge due to the counterclockwise movement of the hurricane. Also not sure whether the winds will pick up when it continues to travel over the warmer water between Cuba and Florida. This is a massive storm system and the entire state is in it's path.

The event is still on for tomorrow, but I'm monitoring the weather constantly ... I'll update if anything changes.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... due to Hurricane Irma whose path is now a bit more west than before, and traveling directly up the center of the state after making landfall in southwest Florida, I am going to have to postpone this event until Saturday, Sep 23rd.

This massive monster hurricane is going to travel closer to the west coast of the state where I live and it's going to make it more of a challenge for us. I have a lot of family in central Florida, not far from me, so we are discussing what the plans are to make sure that everyone will be as safe as possible. This is serious and nothing to play with. The entire state is going to be covered with this hurricane and will experience the effects at one level or another, some worse than others.

Hurricane Irma is the size of Texas who just recently got hit with Hurricane Harvey, and as it travels up Florida, the entire state will be covered and beyond because it's just that big. I don't think even the international space station would be able to see Florida during that time, and it is estimated that it will take 30 or more hours for Irma to travel through the state up into Georgia, and surrounding states.

A hurricane hasn't hit Florida in 12 years, since Wilma in 2005, so we've been on borrowed time I would say. Hurricane season goes from June 1st to November 30th, so 5 months each year to be on guard and prepared.

I have no clue how all of this is going to turn out, but I will keep you updated the best I can.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
This is going to be bad. :(

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
We're going to be heading to my brother's house today, which is concrete block with a low profile roof. He may lose some shingles but his house had a mitigation survey for wind and passed.

This is going to be the worst hurricane in US history, and our entire state will be engulfed as it passes through from south to north. We all have a legitimate level of fear. :(

Leodolfr Leon Stronghorse

It is always a good call: if you have a chance to go to safer place to do so. You will also be with family :)

As one who has been through many Hurricanes along the Atlantic and Golf coasts over the last few decades, I may know a little more of what you are going through, and is headed for you than many others. As well I was at the center of the one that just hit Texas.

The best advice I have ever heard: Keep your head down, your chin up, have a drink with friends and family, and look for the best in life :)

Wishing you stay safe, and sending many positive vibes :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you SO much Leon, that means a lot. That's exactly what we're doing, and we are a crazy bunch, so there's no loss of humor along the way too. My brother and sister-in-law are handling things very well for all of us, so we're in good hands.

I'll update as long as I can, and then after going dark, I'll be back as soon as we clean the fan. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom