Exploring outside craters and tunnels

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Well, if you know Ant is involved, there is probably some "extras" added to the surface from before it was closed off. I'm looking forward to seeing what is new up there when it does open again..:)

dave stone

Well, if you know Ant is involved, there is probably some "extras" added to the surface from before it was closed off. I'm looking forward to seeing what is new up there when it does open again..:)
Hi Zarnia

Sorry been so long to reply.

Just love the fact that you are sooooo alone with just the mining to keep you company.

As mentioned loved the place when you could mine uptop now dont go there and my feeling is that they have missed a trick and could get so many more people to the place if they made it more interesting than it is now

Oh well its their loss

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

dave stone

Hi @Desert Chief Walker

Thanks for the LBML screenshot. I'm currently in discussions around this. From MA's point of view access to the surface was never intended which is why it was fixed but I personally think there is a lot of value in opening up the surface again in some form. These things can go quite slowly which is why I try to plan so far ahead. At this stage it is not a definite no but I have no idea when or if it will be opened up again at this stage.

Sorry I can't give you a definite answer yet.

Thanks
Ant
Hi Ant

Anything happening yet outside the Craters am so looking forward to returning

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
@dave stone nothing to report yet. I have raised it and am working on progressing it, unfortunately this is not entirely in my control but I am doing what I can!

Ant

dave stone

@dave stone nothing to report yet. I have raised it and am working on progressing it, unfortunately this is not entirely in my control but I am doing what I can!

Ant
Its a shame this hasn,t been resolved.
There were various ways to get to the surface via the crater walls and to allow players to have access for so long then prevent it by saying we were never meant to climb up to the surface is a poor excuse.
I want to come back and have that experience again,
If the whole point of Entropia isn,t about the players then what is it for ?????????????????????????
We are being puished for having our hand in the cookie jar when it is available to everyone.
All ma have to do is reverse the decision to reduce the height above the craters we are able to go and in a flash we can access the surface again.
Getting pretty tired of Arkadia now Come on MA make this game entertaining again

Spawn

These glitches and the ability to move around places you are not supposed to go was always a big plus for project entropia. It adds depth and fun. Ask Oberon Nightseer How he feels about taking away the ability to drop stuff in the universe. Some bugfixes just take the spirit of the game away.
Ofcourse this is Mindark, not the Monria team
Question: Do you not get income if somebody mines in areas that were never supposed to be visited?
Other bugs which were giant fun and never hurt anyone: flying (again ask Oberon), sliding (lieing down and running at the same time), Jumping at the edge of water would sometimes initiate a superman style victory animation.

dave stone

These glitches and the ability to move around places you are not supposed to go was always a big plus for project entropia. It adds depth and fun. Ask Oberon Nightseer How he feels about taking away the ability to drop stuff in the universe. Some bugfixes just take the spirit of the game away.
Ofcourse this is Mindark, not the Monria team
Question: Do you not get income if somebody mines in areas that were never supposed to be visited?
Other bugs which were giant fun and never hurt anyone: flying (again ask Oberon), sliding (lieing down and running at the same time), Jumping at the edge of water would sometimes initiate a superman style victory animation.

Agree 1000% with you spawn why take away the fun of the game
When MA says they never inrended to let players have access to the surface how come there were so many paths up there then I know of at least 3.
It smacks of a poor loser and very bad sportsmanship.
I dont think this will ever get resolved which is a shame as there is not a awful lot going on on Monria.
Again I found the surface facinating as I,ve never seen ores run in such an orderly way.
The craters and valleys had sides which you could mine and could get other ores besides lyst and oil
As far as income is concerned you can see from the map how many claims I had sometimes globaling.
Come on MA give the players and in the long run the people who are putting money in the game and paying your wages a more interesting experience.
Yes I have come across the superman thing in water and it is still happening or at least it was on Arkadia moon recently.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I agree with a lot of what is being said here. Unfortunately the feedback is that the height restriction on the surface will not be reversed. It would require a lot of time and resources to make it possible as the whole area would have to be rebuilt and everything around it tweaked.

I know that the surface was accessible before but that's the position as it stands and I at least wanted to be honest about it because I'm 99% certain its not going to happen.

Ant

dave stone

I agree with a lot of what is being said here. Unfortunately the feedback is that the height restriction on the surface will not be reversed. It would require a lot of time and resources to make it possible as the whole area would have to be rebuilt and everything around it tweaked.

I know that the surface was accessible before but that's the position as it stands and I at least wanted to be honest about it because I'm 99% certain its not going to happen.

Ant
Hi Ant

Thanks for the reply and feel very sorry about the situation.
Something that was allowed from the start and now they have changed their minds.
When you say they have to rebuild everything why ? just reverse the height thing.
I feel very sorry for the position you are in Ant as I fear that Monria will become just like next island where no one goews any more.
There is just not enough happening here to keep peoples interest and mining outside the craters would have been something that would have kept me there forever.
It seems that MA could not give a FxxK about the people who play and put money into the game all they are interested in getting money out.
I am getting cynical about MA and this decision and observe that MA do not want to hear honest feedback and really dont want to hear what you say also.
This is a shame as feel you tried to get this desicion reversed.
Got to say MA stinks and I think you have an uphill struggle in front of you on Monra.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I feel very sorry for the position you are in Ant as I fear that Monria will become just like next island where no one goews any more.
There is just not enough happening here to keep peoples interest and mining outside the craters would have been something that would have kept me there forever.

Hi Dave ...

Ant may respond again, but I wanted to address the part of your post I quoted above specifically.

We have more activity on Monria than one might think, and our Monrian Born population is growing quite nicely. Things get a bit quiet on Monria when there is a big (annual) event on Calypso, especially when a holiday is involved, but there are other factors that come into play as well.

We have always said that we are dedicated to continuing to evolve Monria, but that it wouldn't be at the pace that perhaps we'd like it to be because we are not a planet, and as a Moon, we have a different partnership agreement with MA than planets do. We don't have our own level design or graphics team and have to work with MA's team. This means scheduling time and working with them to implement our development.

However, we also shared that Ant is very calculated and measured with regard to how we release updates. They have to be purposeful and connected to the overall vision of Monria. Ant also has other business involvements outside of Monria, so it's also a time share situation between all interests. We don't want to rush, but do our best to do it right the first time.

That said ... I can assure you that Monria will not become like Next Island, and while we haven't reached our full potential as yet, new development has been in the works for a while. We have quite a large (amazing) community, and while they may not always be on Monria, they have been incredibly supportive and loyal to our mission to make Monria what they'd like it to be over time. They've been patient and willing to work with us to help make Monria more of a destination. We listen to their ideas and suggestions, and many of them have been implemented already.

We also have quite a few societies who come to Monria rather frequently, and we also have a very nice showing at our events. This month happens to be a bit quiet because of Merry Mayhem on Calypso, but also because it's a big holiday month. I am also taking the time to evaluate our Community Initiative Programs (CIP) and working with team leaders to see how we can tweak them to be even better. Many come to do our crafting daily, which is the best in the game, so people are coming and going all the time.

As a final note ... even though Monria doesn't charge taxes, there's more to our Moon than just mining, and there are also times when we are totally spontaneous with our activities which make them more fun.

I know it's a disappointment that the surface of Monria isn't available anymore, but I can tell you that we have plenty in development that once released will keep people busy on our family-oriented Moon. There is still much to come for Monria ... it's just a matter of timing.

dave stone

Hi Dave ...

Ant may respond again, but I wanted to address the part of your post I quoted above specifically.

We have more activity on Monria than one might think, and our Monrian Born population is growing quite nicely. Things get a bit quiet on Monria when there is a big (annual) event on Calypso, especially when a holiday is involved, but there are other factors that come into play as well.

We have always said that we are dedicated to continuing to evolve Monria, but that it wouldn't be at the pace that perhaps we'd like it to be because we are not a planet, and as a Moon, we have a different partnership agreement with MA than planets do. We don't have our own level design or graphics team and have to work with MA's team. This means scheduling time and working with them to implement our development.

However, we also shared that Ant is very calculated and measured with regard to how we release updates. They have to be purposeful and connected to the overall vision of Monria. Ant also has other business involvements outside of Monria, so it's also a time share situation between all interests. We don't want to rush, but do our best to do it right the first time.

That said ... I can assure you that Monria will not become like Next Island, and while we haven't reached our full potential as yet, new development has been in the works for a while. We have quite a large (amazing) community, and while they may not always be on Monria, they have been incredibly supportive and loyal to our mission to make Monria what they'd like it to be over time. They've been patient and willing to work with us to help make Monria more of a destination. We listen to their ideas and suggestions, and many of them have been implemented already.

We also have quite a few societies who come to Monria rather frequently, and we also have a very nice showing at our events. This month happens to be a bit quiet because of Merry Mayhem on Calypso, but also because it's a big holiday month. I am also taking the time to evaluate our Community Initiative Programs (CIP) and working with team leaders to see how we can tweak them to be even better. Many come to do our crafting daily, which is the best in the game, so people are coming and going all the time.

As a final note ... even though Monria doesn't charge taxes, there's more to our Moon than just mining, and there are also times when we are totally spontaneous with our activities which make them more fun.

I know it's a disappointment that the surface of Monria isn't available anymore, but I can tell you that we have plenty in development that once released will keep people busy on our family-oriented Moon. There is still much to come for Monria ... it's just a matter of timing.
Hi Dark Moon

Again thanks for the reply and thanks for the update.
I am soley a miner dont want to get into crafting or hunting.
The mining on the surdface was both facinating and challenging the good thing was there were no mobs and I could mine at will.
Been playing for 9 years and I have never in all that time found a place where the ores ran in veins like they do on the surface on Monria which is why I found the place so totally compelling - there is no other place like it.
Another reason was that I was doing the Lysterium challenge and it got me to 30,000 points no other place has such a high concentration of Lyst.
As you can see from the points above this place had everthing I wanted which is why I wanted to keep mining there.

I hope you keep up the good work on Monria but for me I,m afraid what they have done has taken away a years worth of hard work.
I will keep coming back to see if things have changed but don,t think they will.
Once again thanks for your reply

beryne

Perhaps they should incorporate a Monrai Space suit that decays (burn damage from the suns solar winds, etc.) Maybe MA wasn't getting many peds from the miners, but just thinking from a business standpoint.

And for Monria, it could create a +1 to attracting new or existing players

dave stone

Perhaps they should incorporate a Monrai Space suit that decays (burn damage from the suns solar winds, etc.) Maybe MA wasn't getting many peds from the miners, but just thinking from a business standpoint.

And for Monria, it could create a +1 to attracting new or existing players
Hi Beryne
Certainly something needs to be done there is just not enough stimulation on Monria to keep people there.
I tried but as a miner they want to restict players inside the craters and Tunnels "Yawn".
Monria will become an irrelevance if something is not done to make it much more interesting for players.
I still do not understand why they just don,t reverse the height decision thing but I was just an interested player and of no importance when the decision is "NO YOU CANT DO THAT" my reply is "WHY NOT"

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hi Beryne
Certainly something needs to be done there is just not enough stimulation on Monria to keep people there.
I tried but as a miner they want to restict players inside the craters and Tunnels "Yawn".
Monria will become an irrelevance if something is not done to make it much more interesting for players.
I still do not understand why they just don,t reverse the height decision thing but I was just an interested player and of no importance when the decision is "NO YOU CANT DO THAT" my reply is "WHY NOT"

Ant has already responded to your posts regarding this situation, so there's really nothing more to discuss. Not reversing the height was an MA decision, not ours.

I also responded to your continued comments about Monria needing to do something to draw more players. We have our development plans, but our releases are not that often due to not being a planet and not having our own level designers or graphic artists. We work with MindArk in that respect, but we are also calculated and measured with what we put into development and content for our community.

Monria is doing just fine, and we are on course with our vision that puts our community first. If you spent any amount of time actually interacting with our community you would know this, as well as the amount of support we get for what we do for them. It's all in good time and they have been patient.

It appears that you have very little knowledge about how things are done on Monria, and what an amazing community we have, so it would be appreciated if you would refrain from continued criticism without knowing the facts.

Thank You

dave stone

Ant has already responded to your posts regarding this situation, so there's really nothing more to discuss. Not reversing the height was an MA decision, not ours.

I also responded to your continued comments about Monria needing to do something to draw more players. We have our development plans, but our releases are not that often due to not being a planet and not having our own level designers or graphic artists. We work with MindArk in that respect, but we are also calculated and measured with what we put into development and content for our community.

Monria is doing just fine, and we are on course with our vision that puts our community first. If you spent any amount of time actually interacting with our community you would know this, as well as the amount of support we get for what we do for them. It's all in good time and they have been patient.

It appears that you have very little knowledge about how things are done on Monria, and what an amazing community we have, so it would be appreciated if you would refrain from continued criticism without knowing the facts.

Thank You
Well thats put me in my place.
You are right I have very little knowledge of Monria.
I am a miner whats is the story line for mining on Monria
I run my own very suceesful company and I ask my employees for feedback and expect to hear both positive and negative views.
If i silence the negative views like you have just done with comments similar to your last response I would be out of business.
I have put forward a request to IMPROVE the situation on Monria but obviously I am to stupid to think that this would be accepted because I have ver little knowledge.
I wish you well on your Moon

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Well thats put me in my place.
You are right I have very little knowledge of Monria.
I am a miner whats is the story line for mining on Monria
I run my own very suceesful company and I ask my employees for feedback and expect to hear both positive and negative views.
If i silence the negative views like you have just done with comments similar to your last response I would be out of business.
I have put forward a request to IMPROVE the situation on Monria but obviously I am to stupid to think that this would be accepted because I have ver little knowledge.
I wish you well on your Moon

You already gave your feedback before, and both Ant and I have responded to it with facts, including that we continue to develop Monria to make it a more engaging experience, but it seems that you have not accepted our responses to your feedback and feel the need to expand upon it when no new answers are available, nor will the current ones change.

We are very open about feedback from our community, and we respond to it, but you seem to want to beat a dead horse, and that is not conducive to meaningful discussion.

We already said that we are continually improving Monria, but unfortunately, it's not as fast as we would like it to be.

I am respectfully asking you to please accept our responses to your feedback that you seem to want to continue expanding on when no new answers are available.

Thank You

Top Bottom