Filthy's Shop Blog

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
Well, Now that I am home from the open road, I have had a chance to really sit down and check out the data. There first week and a half was dead. My first customer was Diamond, a soc mate, who bought some ME. After that I had a couple of customers come in buying small amps mostly. I had a lot of requests for the ArMatrix series. After watching things I figured out really quick that they would sell well.

Today I started fully stocking the ArMatrix series of Rifles and Pistols in my nearly complete center display. The Rifles are in the shop keepers and pistols on the counters in front. These suckers have been flying off the shelves, to the point where I have moved ALL of my crafting operations to Monria to support the shop now as it is starting to build significant steam forward.

I have noticed several people come in my shop and really start checking prices and inventory. This is a good sign. Many have repeatedly returned to check on progress going forward. It tells me there is a specially high interest in the build. I am excited as to what has happened already and look forward to the future.

I have almost gotten my center display island - the focal point of the shop - completed. I need a few more lamps, the custom ad for the sign, and i am toying with the idea of texturing the display counters. The ad should be done soon. My designer is flying over tonight to take stock of whats going on there and is going to custom design me a killer ad for the megaview screen in the center. I added the IFN Medical Partition to the center. It was supposed to just be to hang the sign on but a side effect I have noticed is the light from the lamps reflects off of it if you have post processing turned on. I personally like it but some people may be a bit sensitive to the reflection. I have chatted to everyone that visited today and I have gotten nothing but praise for the progress on the shop and especially that island. Everyone absolutely loves the direction it is headed. For me that just makes me drive 300% harder to get everything right. I love this!!

I am still working on the rest of the layout of the shop. My goal is to complete the center island first and build the shop around it. I know I will have my mining amps in the rear as this offers the most space to appropriately display them. I am still on the fence exactly how to display mining tools and such. I will be experimenting with the layout over the next few weeks. Ideally in a shop you want your most sought after items in the back so customers have to walk by the other items and thats kind of how I am gearing thiis as the mining amps should be flying off the shelves.

Ant and Obe are aware of an issue with the lighting on the tables as well as the lighting in the hub as your approach the front entrance. This issue is going to be addressed in the future. I think top priority should go to table lighting as it drastically effects the items on the table. Some items are barely showing up depending on opacity. Meclhi crystals are the big one there. If you do not have post processing on the tables look black. However turning it off also eliminates the effects of the lights inside the shop which drastically reduces the appeal of the setup as a whole.

I have also been working for weeks to set up a good stable supply line of materials. I have lots of connections and they are paying off. Right now Muscle oil, thyroid oil, eye oil and copper are in high demand so I am adjusting stocks for it. I am expecting demand for the ArMatrix guns to increase over the next week or so. Mining amps not so much so I do have very limited stock of them atm. I have had requests for higher stocks of level 7's and Dclass so I will be adjusting those this week.

I am depo'ing 30-40k in 2 days to finish off the shop and kick it into gear. My Twins shop was the one i was expecting to go full speed ahead but yea, SURPRISE!!!!!! Totally caught me off guard so I am definately adjusting for it.

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
Update to the lamps and the glare effect in the medical partition.

I have discovered if you place the Niko Table Lamp in the floor by the base of the partition the reflection creates an orb in the glass. You can make the orb smaller or bigger by moving it closer or further away from the glass. Also, as you move towards the close the orb dims slightly and changes size. This is one sweet optical illusion!

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
Today brought more interest in the ArMatrix series as well as weapon amps. I have begun looking for higher level ArMatrix bp's as well as weapon amp bp's. The idea originally was to make up to the 30 guns but I have had requests for up to lvl 40. Seems as though the entire center island will be my weapons center. Will have 2 more shop keepers for it tomorrow.

Also depo'ing a good chunk tomorrow to help build inventory in the shop. The majority of the cash will go to building a stockpile of materials so I don't have to scramble for materials. The idea is eventually to use about 20k a week for material orders so i can pick those up on the weekend flights and save the weekly transport costs. Works out too with my work schedule being crazy helping out getting the materials during the work week. Then I can do most of my crafting on the weekends.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I am really loving this blog Nasty, I hope that you don't mind that I'm writing a note. It gives a window into what's going on in our community with regard to testing new weapons, and what some want to see in your shop. I have a feeling that between you, Noz, and a few other Shop Owners, our community is going to be well taken care of, not to mention that the boss gets in there when he can to craft what I need for our starter kits.

However, we now have nice newbie weapons dropping from the Shoggs and Yogs to keep our newbies moving along.

I love this community. :D

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
I don't mind at all. The purpose of the blog was to put what's going on inside my jumbled thoughts out there not only for me but the community as well. I WANT people to see exactly what I am doing and planning. The idea's good or bad, that I sift through in my thoughts. I want everyone to know when I am doing good or bad. I feel things like this will give the community a good insight into what really goes on with running a shop. Some may even be inspired by it to open their own. I have never operated under a total secrecy mindset here. Years ago I was helped by people who didn't believe in secrecy either. If I can inspire people to do better and create their own business here then I did my job. I served the community. 'Nuff said.

I also welcome anyone who wishes to post comments in here to do so. Get in here and engage with me! This is really an open air type thing. I better quit blogging and get back to my spreadsheets. This inventory control sheet is really being a pain in the butt.

On a side note, Nasty is going LIVE! Will be opening up a twitch stream soon with multiple view points. When I am home I am actually going to install a stand alone camera offto my 7 oclock or so for a complete 3rd person perspective of how I run my operations. Yall think AtomicStorm (5dolla) Strash or Mercury gets into it? Yall ain't seen %^@! yet! Ever seen someone mine with 8 monitors? :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Nasty, you're a wild man and I love it ... keep up the great work. It's going to be interesting to watch all of this unfold over time, but I have faith that you're going to do well because you're willing to hang in there. :)

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
Well, I got the two shop keepers in but they're naked atm. Guns have been selling good today and I had a small run on amps. Going to be interesting if the amp runs continue through the weekend. I have had requests to put some of the guns in the Twins shop for migration. I am seriously entertaining this idea as some Monrians will be going to Caly for migration and I want to support them however possible.

Also, my poor Twins shop is in shambles. At this point I don't know what to do. Monria is going well for me but I am getting equal sales over there. I am thinking, steal a shop keeper from Monria, put more guns on him and maybe split some of the amp stock from here to Twins. I could sell of some stock in storage but thats my back up. I would rather not have to sell it off to support Twins but I can't slack on inventory as that could leave a bad impression among customers. I am starting to get a good following over there.

UPDATE

I did it. I had to steal inventory from Monria for Twins. Seriously I almost want to close Twins. Lord knows it would be better for me to concentrate all my efforts on Monria but Twins is doing equally as good. Not bad for the shops being two weeks old. This is becoming a real struggle. Not physically but money wise. I am making decent cash but still I just dont have the resourcs to fully stock both shops atm. From the beginning I was only planning on doing Twins and branching out to Monria once i was fully taken care of but, the situation changed and I had to adapt.

Last edited:

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
I'm heading back out on the road for a few weeks Monday morning. I have all the shops stocked decently to survive a few days if need be.

Also got my signs done up. Anny did a FANTASTIC job. Even snuck a surprise in there for me that ended up being my main shop ads on the front boards.

If I start running low, the best way to let me know is post here and I can jump on ASAP and get some stock back up. I have a really healthy supply of mats so all I have to do is get on and start clicking.

draco1

MR. McNasty i have to give you props brother... I have enjoyed the moon for almost a year now and i can honestly say that you are one of the shop owners that really put the effort out their to keep the community up and running... I know we as a community have a great deal of shop owners and they are well loved for the service that they do for us... But in my own opin9ion you are the one that has stuck it out and has and will be there for our needs... You are an inspiration to the new members and the old alike to strive for and try to be half as involved in our community as you are.. So sir i take my hat off and salute you in your efforts for our small but ever growing comunity.... ( P.S. Your armour is doing well and i even gave it a good spit shine for you...)

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
We have a wonderful community of shop owners like Noz, Darth, and now Legends and Nasty who have stepped up and assessed the needs of the community and are delivering the goods.

I think Nasty is probably the most interactive in Monria chat and does a great deal of crafting to keep supplies available in both his Monria and Caly shops.

We appreciate our shop owners, and especially those who put forth the extra effort to support our community.

I will just say that in a very short period of time, Nasty has been a whirlwind and has definitely given us more options, but he's also very thoughtful about his decisions so that they don't negatively affect other shop owners. That for me gains a great deal of respect.

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
Sorry I haven't been as active lately. Things got super crazy with my RL business. I've been running on barely any sleep lately. I got more stock added. It's the same stock I had just bigger quantities to give me breathing room when I get runs on them. That in itself has given me more time to get some much needed rest. I whirl winded until I was out of wind :p

Shops are doing good. Good sales both on Monria and Caly. Guns are still a hot ticket on the moon as well as some of the ELM weapons I had in storage. Also this week I have gained a few new customers as well as the usual suspects that just keep coming back for more.

I am in the process of adding higher level guns as well as amps for them. Had a customer place a large order for hotfoot 35's. Just need the Beledoth Nails for them and I can start cranking them out. I have a line on a good supply of them just need to get with the guy and get the deal done. Also will be stocking level 9 amps soon. I also will be looking in to removing my Dclass amps and let Noz have that market for them. I can repurpose that table for mining tools. I have a new series of finders that I would like to start stocking and that table would be great for them I think. I have only sold 1 Dclass amp anyway so its not like I am missing out on sales.

I am also looking at getting my center display possibly textured/painted. Need to chat with Ant and see where the tables are going. The color of them will decide how I match this center up. That is still further down the line but now that I have good stock levels it is time to start working on more eye candy.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Great stuff Nasty, really glad to see this is coming along well, but also that you'll take time to rest. I know how that works, especially lately, and how much it can help to renew the mind and body ... I'm stubborn too. :D

Catch up soon. :)

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
Haven't posted here in awhile. Have had some stuff going on IRL. Added some new items in time for the weekend, mainly level 9 and 10 amps, Terramps and DSec L30 Finders..

At the moment I am reorganizing the shop a bit. I will be putting in a special section for high tier rate items. This section will be a mixture of weapons, tools, etc. Stop by when it is complete and check it out. I find it is a lot easier having a dedicated section for these rather than hunting through shop keepers and hope you find one. Also will be putting in a shop keeper in that section with enhancers, after all, why buy high tier items if you have no enhancers for it lol.

Anny is coming along on the mining add for the signs. Can't wait to see what she surprises me with this time :) Will be adding effects to the signage out front. I have also found some cool light to place on the wall by the tables. Ideally I want the green turned into white on the tables and the glow reduced by 95% or more. Once that is done I will add the lights and give it a cooler effect. Will use more item points but hey I can buy some more if needed. Currently at 271/350 IP.

Looking at reworking the entrance as you come in with the shelves. Not sure what I am going to do yet. But will be playing around with it and see what you guys like.

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
Ok, last 6 weeks has been nuts for me. I am just getting back to some what of a normal life.

Stay tuned this weekend, there is a shop remodel in the making. Unfortunately I am getting stupid busy at Twins. I just had 5k in sales in 3 hours. I am trying to avoid stealing another shop keeper from the moon if I can help it. My new setup, when I can get a hold on some shop keepers, will have 14 total. Keep an eye out and please give me feedback on it! :)

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
The center layout is complete minus shop keepers. I just can't find them to put them down. Should be getting one more in the next day or so. I'm not sure I like the new design. It takes up a lot more room and seems to cut off the rear of the shop. However I need more room to stock the guns which is 75% of my sales.

I may make it shorter width wise and slight longer lengthwise. What do you guys think? Also will be moving my amps closer to the front of the shop. I don't need to stock that many and they are smaller items so front seems more logical. Can move the tools and stuff to the rear. Still debating it more curious as to what yall think about it.

FilthyMcNasty

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
(work in progress) Progress Update 6/5/2019

I have reorganized the shop a bit. Basically the plan is keep the mining stuff in the back and the weapons in the center area.

The longblades do not fit well in the shop keepers so they will have the shortblades in them. Smaller level blades will start at the left front shop keeper (as you walk into the main area of the store) and progress up in level as you move right. The left side of the center display counters and shop keepers will have the higher level guns. The corner sections will have the amps that fit the section to the left of them. So basically, there will be a section of shop keepers with shortblades with the longblades of the same level range on the counters in front of the shop keepers. The corner section directly to the right of that section will carry the amps that best fit the weapons in that section.

The first and second green counters to your left as you walk in will have

First counter to left
  • Damage enhancers 1-10
  • Accuracy Enhancers 1-8 (on the shelves on the back of the 1st counter)
Second counter on left

• Weapon Economy enhancers 1-10

First counter to right

Top Bottom