First Solo Hunting Global | My Adventures are Never Normal

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I had a bit of a day yesterday, so last night I decided to give the Yogs a little attention. I recently bought myself a new weapon, and even though I can't max it out until I'm Level 100 (what?), it's my toy of choice right now because I can do some decent damage with it. I'm also an advocate of fun, and you will never catch me keeping lists of this and that, or calculating anything that has numbers, because it's just not my thing. I would rather discover things that have a high level fun factor, and not care too much about being too eco.

Besides, I'm a communications, media and writer person, and Entropia is definitely a fun outlet for me, so eco be damned. I'll do just about anything to ramp up the fun, for me and others.

Found this beauty in E8ty2nd's Shopkeeper in Sluggo's Hub Shop!

Gravis-GLR-26-UL-Cost.png Gravis-GLR-26-UL-Stats-1.png Gravis-GLR-26-UL-Stats-2.png
I headed for the South Crater, put on my newbie armor, and ran in the direction of the Yogs. There are areas where they are more dense than others, but I always start in an area where there aren't too many so I can also do a little mining along the way. Prior to getting a mining claim, I was able to extract a little something from this Yog, and as you will see by the loot listing at the top left, it was a small Global of 14 ped.

YogGlobal-013116.png

I managed to get an Ample (IX) Maladrite Stone, an Ample (IX) Blausarium and continued further toward an area that had higher level Yogs. That's when I hit my VIII Crude Oil, but quickly realized that the higher level creatures I ran into were going to be a challenge for me, especially since there were quite a few of them and I was unable to extract my Crude Oil. The Level 3 Broodmothers I could handle, but there was a Level 11 on me that was a Persecutor of Abyss (I think), and I kept backing up while shooting, so getting further away from the Crude Oil claim. This guy smacked me a good one, and I ended up at the revive.

I knew there was no way I was going to be able to handle these guys, so I called in reinforcement. There was plenty of chat going on in the Monria channel, and I noticed that Trebor Ironwolfe was present, so I asked if he was available to come out and lend a hand. The first time I met him, he was in the Monria chat channel and looking for a little Zoldenite Dust to finish a quest. I had just gotten an Ample claim and told him he was welcome to whatever he needed. That interaction eventually led to this story.

Trebor was on Monria and said he'd come out to help so that I could get my Crude claim. I gave him coordinates in the South Crater, and it wasn't long before he showed up. We got busy with some Level 3 Broodmothers, several Level 11 Persecutor of Abyss dudes (I died a few times), and then this Level 16 Vacuity of something or other popped up out of nowhere and we were both in trouble. Well, me more so than him, but that thing can crit pretty well now and then.

Hunting with Trebor is a bit on the wild side, because he seems to change into these different characters, and I have no clue who I'm hunting with. I'm actually wondering if the Cthulhu effect has taken over. Many were watching our chat about the adventure, and at one point, KrazySmitty was asking where the higher level Yogs were. I gave him the coordinates, and it wasn't long before he was out there. He started running in a different direction, and I tried to catch up to him, but when I finally did, the 3 of us were together.

Tell you what, when I get others involved with my escapades, there's no tellin' what the outcome will be, because they take on a life of their own, and I just go with the flow. Between Trebor and KrazySmitty, I would say we had our own Monria Motley Crew. Still undecided about Trebor, but KrazySmitty looked like a cross between Duck Dynasty and Sgt. Preston of the Yukon - gotta love these guys, they put the fun in fun.

Here are a few photos from this escapade!

TreborIronwolfe-1.png YogPersecutorBBQ.png MyWeirdFapper.png TreborFashionShow-1.png TreborFashionShow-2.png TreborFireProofArmor.png

KrazySmitty.png KrazySmitty-2.png TreborKrazySmitty-1.png TreborKrazySmitty-2.png TreborKrazySmitty-3.png

Oh Guess what?
My Crude Oil claim expired in the midst of all the fun!

And by the way Trebor -- I was wrong about our original team name, it was Monrian Maulers. Somehow, the Monrian Marauders didn't have enough of a badass name to it, so I really wasn't sure on that one, but now we have a whole new name that somehow fits more appropriately with all the Cthulhu side-effects goin' on. :D

Last edited:

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
A few things.
If you can see your claim on your radar, you can summons it ONCE, to where you are standing. Many times that can help get you out of harms way to get it.

Numbers. Just because a gun may be a bit 'uneco' does not mean it's not a good gun!! There is heavy debate on this but some guns just seem to loot better. When I used to hang out on Cyrene, I must have ran 1000s of panelions, tree dragons, and some other mobs, keeping tabs on loots .vs. killing weapon and well, yes there was a pattern. Can I statistically prove this, well, probably no, but can tell you what I have seen. Maybe I seen it because I was 'looking' for it, who knows but I still had a lot of fun and that's what really counts. Bottom line is, numbers are not always the 'bottom line' on some stuff. Play with what works for you and lets you have fun.

Congrats on your mini ding there, they always are nice to get.

sluggo

Top Bottom