For Sale, Chicken with an attitude.

Discussion in 'General Monria Discussions' started by sluggo, Aug 28, 2016.

1. sluggo

sluggo Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius Shop Owner

Many of you may have noticed I have not be in game past few days. I for the life of me could not find my access card to get in. I KNOW where it's at, it's on my computer table in the living room, next to the keyboard, where it always is. So where the hell did it go. I looked all over. Immediately I thought the bast.. err kind loveable bird must have give it a gentle love kiss.. but no shredded plastic anywhere so that was not it.

Well yesterday I decided to do some major cleaning in the house, something I have been neglecting for a while with my work schedule and all. I pulled his cage out of the closet where I keep him for the night, and out of the corner of my eye, I see some thing black and card looking way in the corner of the closet. I look and it's my access card, chewed to shit, not chewed up shredded but just.. chewed.... This wasn't a within reach thing, he made a deliberate effort to get to this card. Were talking trip across the recliner, hop up on an arm, across the printer table and onto the monitor table to snatch the card. On this journey there was candy and bird snacks too, on the table which were NOT touched. Nope, he went straight for the card. The only time I can think of when he did this is I went up stairs for about 5 minutes to put laundry from washer to dryer. No only did he grab the card but he ran and hid it he didn't just munch it right there, then went back on his perch, like nothing happened. Earlier he was being a pest, I was logging in to do inventory etc, and he wanted attention, I told him, "Quit bothering me, I'm busy you Armchair Chicken!", I'll pet you later.

Thankfully he didn't hit the chip part. I X rayed the card to make sure it didn't have like wires running up into the chewed area, sometimes smart cards do that for various reasons.

Lucky I had some old other purpose smart cards sitting around some other stuff and was able to do some voo doo and my card is glued together and working again. I'll be back in game later today when the ship runs and bring some new ores and stuff back to Monria for our crafters. I know I promised this stuff a few days ago but been unable to get in.

Is MA still giving out smart cards? I probably should get one, but do remember a blurb somewhere they want to do away with them.

On that, I have one, medium sized Arm Chair Chicken, NOT a fussy eater I will ship off to anyone who wants to live the rest of their lives in a living hell.

What the hell is wrong with this bird? I called my sister and she said, remember growing up? He's a featherd YOU!! I flatly DENY this scandalous accusation!! I was a perfect little angel as a kid..

anyways... IM bringing back some Ark ores / enmats. Mining has been horrible this past week, I may try to grab stuff off the AH as well to bring back to Monria for our crafters. Now that the migration is over, hopefully things can get back into a more normal pattern.

Oh and FWIW, I got a bunch of Iridium, a Cyrene ore if anyone needs too.

sluggo

2. New York Rose

New York Rose Well-Known Member

I am just absolutely amazed by these birds,to the point of wanting to get a little feather friend. With that thought in mind, I read your story here and you saved me from my thoughts of one. I think I shall just admire from a far and enjoy them,and leave the hard work to you guys who own them. LOL!

I was thinking maybe he was jealous of your time spent on computer and was out to "fix your wagon." LMAO!

I found this video and cracked up as the bird had acquired a British accent and caught me by surprise. :p

3. sluggo

I actually thought about that, he seen me use the card to get on the computer, and NOT pay attention to him, then say to myself, oh come on, he's a BIRD, an ANIMAL, then see other movies etc, of these birds doing similar stuff with other people too. Then my Veterinarian tells me oh yes, Moluccans can be VERY manipulative. Then I see him say things, somewhat intelligent things, and not just words, and think, yes they are pretty intelligent. For example if he hears the doorbell, even on tv he will say Who is it! If it rings again he will then look at me and say, "Answer the Goddamned Door" .. I did NOT teach him that. My sister blew wine out of her nose first time she heard / seen that. The biggest problem here. They say having a Cockatoo is like having a two year old in the house, however unlike any normal family, my two year old will never grow up. I will die with this rotten bird terrorizing me. Seeing how MAD he got, and cursing out the owl when I let it play with his shoe laces, and then he gave me the could shoulder the next day.. yes they are intelligent.

sluggo

4. New York Rose

New York Rose Well-Known Member

Oh my! I'd would die laughing if I heard that too! :laugh

My first thought was he wanted you to play and being the intelligent bird he is,scurried off with card.
    Brilliant!

:p

StarDrifter and Maximus Cashicus like this.
  5. Hovno

Hovno Active Member Volunteer Mentor MNAT Staff

Sounds like an attempt at identity theft to me :p

6. sluggo

Oh god help us all the day he figures out how to log in. I'll give you a hint though, if you EVER see 'sluggo' being nice to someone, it's the bird, and he's tricking you! Watch your shoelaces.

sluggo

7. Kendra

Kendra Moon Marketer and Virtual shopper Staff Member Moderator Official Moon Shopper Monria Media Team

ahaha that's brilliant Sluggo :) Birds are so bad

I normally have 2 cats walking or sitting on my keyboard while I'm on but they haven't stolen my card yet..
    Though they can be worse.... one of them did eat one of my lovebirds at the weekend! :eek:

I had to put locks on the cage to stop them getting at the other one,
    When there were two of them they only had time for each other and always acted like I was going to kill them every time I came near them, but now that Jerry's on his own he seems to be more interested in what I'm doing.
    Even though he was traumatized on the first day it happened I think he'll be okay.

Lesson if you have cats...Don't get birds!!!!

8. StarDrifter

StarDrifter Simple, yet Significant

Lovebirds can be funny, I used to have a pair, also Rainbow Keets :)
    Now we're just down to Canaries & Budgies - and a few Baby Chooks.

Kendra and Maximus Cashicus like this.
  9. Maximus Cashicus

Maximus Cashicus Well-Known Member

Yeah heard about that Kendra, poor old birdie :(

New York Rose, Kendra and StarDrifter like this.
  10. sluggo

Paco has a lock on his cage. It was a combination lock, umm, didn't work, so now it's a keyed padlock. The lock is more for weight though, to hold the bar down that keeps the cage locked, you have to pry gently on it while twisting to get past the final little piece on the cage else it won't open. He's already tried to manipulate the bar thingie that holds the swing tray for his water and food bowl but luckily can't reach it good enough to get at it. IM sorry to hear about your love bird, but yes now that you are the only 'thing' for it to turn it's attention to, it will probably be nicer to you now. I also had a cockatiel however he passed a few weeks ago, he was probably 20 years old. Paco, the Cockatiel, and a Mocking bird that used to sit right by the window to 'talk' to them, the three of them, sometimes they'd all get going and you'd be like, SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU!! YOU!! Back to your cage... You, I'll smack you, and YOU... back to ... the other tree or wherever the hell you lurk at night. You remember that old game merlin or what ever it was called. It would make a sound, you'd have to push a button to copy the sound, then it would make another, adding a note to the first one, getting longer and longer.. that's kind of what they would do. The little one would drop out after 2 or 3 notes, or lose interest or whatever, but Paco and the Mocking bird would go on and on and on... and paco would get louder... Another one of his things to annoy me is, I had a squeaky door, he could mimic it perfectly, and every time I open a door, a cabinet, a drawer he'd go squeeeeeaaakkkk then laugh.

sluggo

11. Maximus Cashicus

Your bird sound brilliant Sluggo, I know he's a pest/ evil genius at times but it has to be said he is something special!

12. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Monria Yamato Pilot Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

I love the Too stories -- I had a hybrid parakeet once called Pookie, and he had such personality. He would mimic my laugh and talk crazy things into a mirror. If I forgot to put him in his cage during a meal, it was inevitable that he would become the centerpiece on the table.

Flew right into a plate of spaghetti once -- that was a mess -- but we could only laugh.

13. Maximus Cashicus

Hehe, I call our toddlers pookie sometimes, that must have been a sight DM!

14. sluggo

Paco would invite himself to dinner as well if I allowed him to. That is where I draw the line though, but he will get noisy until we share with him. Believe it or not he loves fish and scallops, go figure. I'll usually give him a couple of green beans, some corn, squash, and some meat if it's not fatty meat like pork and he's happy then. If I have company over and he's bugging them, I tell them, if you are holding a drink in one hand and he's inching his way down your arm he is NOT being friendly, move the drink to the other arm or call me and Ill grab him off your arm. The person I got him from used to give him Mountain Dew as a treat... I cringe every time I think of that, but he's developed a bit of a sweet tooth and will go after drinks in a second if you let him. One of his favorite treats is yogurt dipped snacks you can buy at the pet store. As much as he loves them, I think they must be shoelace flavored.

Sluggo