Going for a long Mining run on Monria

Discussion in 'Monria Mining | General Discussion' started by Crazyshadow, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Crazyshadow

Crazyshadow Monria Trader & Crafter

Hello to the population of Monria,

Im an active miner (over 2000 drops/week, lvl 15) looking for new zone to prospect and explore. Im tired of Foma, my mining runs returns is desperately going down since the beginning of new year.

Im new to Monria, ive read that there a cave and 3 craters for mining. I went there last week to do mining pre-test. Results for 500 drops were pretty good (between 80-100% returns each run). Something great I really appreciated there was how I was welcomed, everyone are ready to answer questions and help you, even if there isn't many people there. At my first visit, someone explained me how market work there, prices and people that can buy your ores/enmatter.

I am planning to go back to Monria soon to do a long mining run. By ''long'' I mean over 10k drops over a month of mining. Before going there, I have a few questions about mining:

1 - First, what level do you recommend to be ? Whats the average depth of most ores? (During my pre-test I only tried craters, everything was between 400-900m., pretty deep!) I want to explore/prospect the cave also!

2 - Second, what are the most popular mining spot? main crater/west/east crater/cave?

3 - I record my log of every mining runs on my own excel programmed sheet. I don't know who are the soc/people that own the lands of Monria, but I could build statistic graphic about my mining run and publish it to other miners on Calypso Forum. It could bring more miners to Monria.
    Just for example, here a simple graph about my mining runs on Foma, it show the number runs ive done and whats was the returns each run(each run was 110 drops, so around 10k PED cycled total ) :

[​IMG]
    I will do the same for Monria + a cumulative return graph. I plan to add amp feature to my graph.

Finally, im open to any advice/comment. Monria seems to be a very good place for miner, and I think it deserve to give a ''long run'' try! Economy seems to be stable, enough buyers for ores, no ath/tower yet, but Im sure I will do one! Im ready to invest time and ped into Monria :)

Sorry in advance if my English is not perfect, its not my main language.

- Don Crazyshadow Hunterz

2. Felix Mast3rsh0t

Felix Mast3rsh0t Active Member

Best of luck on your adventure!

3. Onyar Loorden PSS

Onyar Loorden PSS Active Member

Hi Don,

Glad that you want to come and stay on Monria. I've added you in game, we'll have some chat inside there, ok?

4. Crazyshadow

Thanks for yours messages.

Up to now, ive done 8 mining run (ores only) each 110 drops. Im using a Ziplex Z20 with lvl 1 and 2 depth enhancer.

Here my result:

[​IMG]

I cycled about 905 PED, and I qualify my cumulative run up to now on Monria as very good. More coming! I will try to do a few run amped with lvl 7 and 8 amplifer.

The only downside is that I have to wait until ore buyer log in to sell my ores. I know I can sell it into AH using orders, but it cost me around 3%-3,5% to refine ore and ah fees. So I prefer to wait for a buyer.( I know only 2 buyer)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  5. Crazyshadow

Here is an update after using Amp lvl 7 and 8. I wasn't lucky with those :( I will continue this week unamped to expect better results ^^

[​IMG]
    TOTAL CYCLED = 2250 PED
    PROFIT/LOSS = -408 PED

CUMULATIVE RETURNS = 81.9%

6. Crazyshadow

A great news happened this week-ends. I hit my first HOF on Monria. A caldorite XXI (1906PED) !! My biggest HOF ever!! With MU it ended up around 2115 PED. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot, but it was recorded by entropiatracker and my LBML. I did upgrade my mining log up to now:

[​IMG]

To keep a correct amplitude in my graph, my hof run is out of it. But it gives you a good idea.
    Up to now:
    TOTAL CYCLED = 2899 PED
    PROFIT/LOSS = +1547 PED

CUMULATIVE RETURNS = 153.4%

Victory likes this.
  7. Victory

Victory Active Member

Big gz! Great to hear your doing well!

8. Crazyshadow

While mining amp'd with lvl 4 I found a small HOF, about 159 PED (XV Zinc) wooot!. Ive been really lucky in the last week. My next mining update post is coming soon.

upload_2014-2-25_19-11-16.png

Sorry for image quality, I had to re-size it for forum.

9. DavinFelth

DavinFelth New Member

I like to see your results. I just got here for the first time. I did the starter mining mission and completed that for the 1 stone. Then I bought 20 peds worth of probes and went out. I switched between finders and between enmatter and ores. I also switched areas. NO CLAIMS. I know this happens, but after this experience I will not mine on Monria. 0/20+ drops is insane. I don't know how you have been having success. Is the rate like FOMA? Because that is the only place I experience such things. Any input would be welcomed.

10. Crazyshadow

Yes, Monria is similar to FOMA. Hit rate is around 11-12% depending on your finder. Also ores here are deep, I would suggest at minimum an F-105 maxed out if you want to mine everywhere and find high MU ores/enmat.

So yes, 1 claim every 25 drops is normal, but claims average lvl are between 9-10

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  11. Mikass

Mikass Well-Known Member

You can try out the Rookie tt finder and do a test to check hitrate, since it way less costly.

12. DavinFelth

DavinFelth New Member

Ahhh, OK then. Thanks for the response. In that case, everything is as it should be. I'll try again sometime.

13. Crazyshadow

After a long low strike while using a lots of amp lvl 5 and lvl 2, I finally hit something big. I knew I was about to hit something big, but didn't expect that big :D

A lvl XXII (22) Lysterium Stone in West Crater, near the TP. 2711PED

I was using DSEC Seeker L12 + Amp lvl 2

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Mikass likes this.
  14. Crazyshadow

A big update from my mining run up to now on Monria. Excellent returns up to now. Im now using amp lvl 2-3-5 and sometimes lvl 7 Amp. All my run are now fully amped.

upload_2014-3-18_11-39-19.png
    upload_2014-3-18_11-40-11.png
    TOTAL CYCLED = 16 598 PED
    PROFIT/LOSS = +3 751 PED

CUMULATIVE RETURNS = 122.6%

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Akoz and Mikass like this.
  15. Mikass

Mikass Well-Known Member

Pretty sweet :cool:

16. Felix Mast3rsh0t

Felix Mast3rsh0t Active Member

Gratz man keep it up!

17. Crazyshadow

Thanks, also here is my mining mission advancement since I started mining on Monria:

Maladrite Stage 3 - 440/1000
    Zoldenite Stage 3 - 105/1000

I never hit a hof of thoses 2 ressources.
    At first on Monria, I was dropping for ores only, that why im more advanced on Maladrite.

18. Crazyshadow

Another Big HOF today ^^ I was using DSEC L12 + Amp lvl 3 in South Crater. 1324 PED Ares Head!

[​IMG]

Mikass likes this.