Greetings

Amandil

Have spent a few days getting used to the buttons here and marveling at how nice everything flows. Wanted to say hello now, thank TPTB and my friend SK for advice with help getting started.

Had a couple main goals in mind when looking for a place like this to land but they are pretty much overshadowed now by an intense desire to figure out how to walk my avatar up the stairs without falling through them.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Sometimes jumping or zooming in / out spinning can break you out of a stairwell. I haven't seen too many left that trap you, but yes it is annoying. If you do get hopelessly stuck, Hit the letter T to teleport to the revive, it beats having to log in and out to get free.

sluggo

Amandil

Have spent a few days getting used to the buttons here and marveling at how nice everything flows. Wanted to say hello now, thank TPTB and my friend SK for advice with help getting started.

Had a couple main goals in mind when looking for a place like this to land but they are pretty much overshadowed now by an intense desire to figure out how to walk my avatar up the stairs without falling through them.

It's been a fun couple of weeks getting used to your, our moon.
Sure glad my life pod landed here.

I think you are right on track and ahead of others by bridging VR to the alleged real-world though it's a bit of a tough sell to those I've spoken to thus far outside game.

Week ago I tried describing this place to boss-lady/friend at work. She suggested that I don't tell too many people that I plan to ride on your space ship. We work with the (alleged) mentally ill and I'm surrounded by nice folks who just love to 'help' anyone that doesn't fit snug in a box like they should. :)

Today I tried to explain to a few others, one of them a gamer, that people actually make money doing this stuff. When they scoffed at idea of money from game-play I reminded them that someone has to build all them objects in there and I went to college for it back when it was just a dream pretty much. Spent 2 weeks back then trying to make a chocolate chip cookie on an old 386 that you could hear groan as it tried to render the image. Overtaxed the computers at school as well, needing to leave renders run overnight so they might be done by lunch the next day.

To be running through these hills with graphics on high is a real kick to me now :)

And thanks for the help, SK, GK, KAT, Drifter, D'Man and others.
Once I find the pub I'll buy a round.

Top Bottom