Hurricane Matthew | Please Be Safe

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hurricane Matthew is bearing down on Florida, and it is currently a Category 4 which is massive. It will be traveling up the Easf Coast and they are expecting major damage. We are West Central on the Gulf of Mexico and will most likely get tropical storm wind and rain, but if the course shifts even a bit West from the calculated path, it could be worse for us.

I will periodically check in on my phone. I hope our East Coast friends take precautions to be safe.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
We're getting the intermittent rain squalls from the outer bands, but nothing of major significance yet. I think they said it would be about midnight or 2am our time before the heavier stuff will arrive, so if I'm not up, I may be shaken out of a sleep, but I love thunderstorms. The hurricane season goes from June 1st to Nov 30th.

I'll be checking in again when I can.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Im going to get clobbered it looks like, but hey life begins at 140 MPH right? Poor bird been a wreck all day, he knows something bad is going to happen and is very anxious and acting out. Once I get him hunkered down at the plant with me hopefully he calms down a bit. Maybe once a group of people starts paying attention to him he will forget about the storm. Hell, once the lights go out, there goes the internet, everything, he might be our only entertainment for several hours while we wait for the wind to pass.

Stay safe everyone.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Oh wow that sounds awful

I hope every one is okay... and I hope your bird calms down Sluggo.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Well I'm back home but still on call which means probably for the next week I'll be at that place all too often.
We got lucky, the winds were not as bad as they could have but the flooding was horrible in the coastal areas. I have some minor damage to the house, one window broken, I think something got blown into it and the fence looks like my teeth... more than one section missing :D :D :D. Other than that I did pretty well.

When the storm got bad we stayed indoors untill it passed. Paco would not leave me alone, Id put him on his perch and a minute later he's climbing down, climbing up my leg and burying his head under my hand, arm etc, so I ended up holding him and petting him for a few hours while the worst passed us.

We are both home now, I put in a 42 hour day so Im heading to bed.
Take care all and thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

sluggo

Top Bottom