I got an "event" idea but it would need approval I think....lol

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Hi all. On a previous thread post, I have already mentioned that my birthday is coming up on October 12th. My husband is being very generous and is buying me two lvl 13 amps to mine with that day. For me, this is amazing because I have only used lvl 13 amps previously on two separate occasions and on both occasions, I used just one and got nothing. Now, I have seen utube videos that often it is the 2nd or third amp that gives a real surprise. There have been cases where 2amps are used and the players gets no claims at all.

So, to make this more of a fun, team event I would need DME or Ant to approve this. I would like any interested player to post on this thread what they think will be my highest or lowest global, HOF (or even a possible tower which had been on my mind for a year and a half now..lol). No duplicate numbers allowed like 15 "50
ped" 's..lol. Everyone participating need to have a single claim to a possible high and low global amount.

• If I get any globals or HOF's, the player who gets the exact number for the highest will get 20 ped and the player who gets the lowest will get 10 ped from me. I'm open to changing the guidelines up here since this post is pretty much off the top of my head and needing "administration approval"..(Hi DME!!!)

I would also ask that no one respond to this thread until DME or Ant has given the go ahead. I have no idea if anyone would be interested in doing this but I'm tossing it out there.

So, pending approval status now begins lol.... so

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
We actually have a section under the Monria Event Activities where community members can create their own events. I don't see why you can't do this Zarnia, but I would recommend that you have all the details sorted out before posting a thread there so that everyone understands exactly what it is that you're going to do and what's required.

Such as:

• person closest to your highest global/hof gets 20 ped
  • --- if you're going to do this as a single highest global and/or hof, then specify that
  • --- meaning ... so everyone understands that it's not 20 ped for both the highest global AND highest hof
  • person closest to your lowest global/hof gets 10 ped ... w/same consideration as above
  • give the date and time you're going to do your mining run and keep the parameters within that time-slot
  • --- let everyone know when you will start and when you will end (thereabouts)
  • set the rule for how people post their guesses
  • when people post their guesses, they should post their full in-game name so you can contact the winners
Let people show their interest in this thread before you create the actual event thread in the other section of the forum. This way you'll have an idea of how many people are going to play along.

Sidenote ... I will add 25 ped to the highest and lowest global/hof to increase the prize.

If you have any other questions Zarnia, just post them in this thread. :)

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
So, let clarify some details about the above idea.

Each person gets to post 3 different numbers..lowest Global, highest Global, highest HOF. Each person gets to pick one number. No duplicates....once someone has picked that number, no one can pick the same number.

Each person needs their post to include their full avatar name and stipulate what amt is being posted for 1) lowest global 2)highest global and 3)highest HOF in a list in their posting...

EX: Yabba Dabba Doo

1. Lowest global....XX
2. Highest global...XXX
3. Highest HOF...XXXX

Those 3 players who win will be those who guess the correct number or are the nearest to it but under (not over the amt).(.aka. 52ped lowest global would be either 52 ped or 51 ped or lower til a winner is found...53 ped would not be considered a win).

I am giving personally a 10 ped prize for the lowest global, a 20ped prize for the highest global and the highest HOF will be 10% of the TT value of the claim found..(aka if I was to miraculously get a tower, if it was 4k the person who won the highest HOF for 4K would get 400 ped...awesome to think about ..lol.) DME has graciously offers to add 25 ped to the lowest and highest globals so the ACTUAL amts paid to the winners for the lowest global would be 35ped and the highest global 45ped.

I will be doing my mining event on Thursday, October 12th approximately 13:00 EU time or 9am EST (New York Time) to about 14:00 EU time on Monria. I don't expect to go much over 45 minutes to do this but I am allowing an hour to do so. 2 LVL 13 amps don't go very far in drops so I am really hoping for a change from my previous lvl 13 amp experience. Generally, I do know when I have move up a level in amps, it takes a while for the game to "register" the change. I'm believing for the best and with Monria "expected the unexpected", I hoping for some good surprises..lol.

Players who wish to participate in this event with me, please post by October 11th. Anything posted after this date will not be accepted as a valid vote.

DME, doesn't anything else need to be clarified that I missed?...Let me know. Thx.

Last edited:

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Just thought of something too DME...given the title of the thread here, people may not look at it because it implies that it would only concern you or Ant...If the above post covered the specific details for a good event post, could I just repost it on the events section with a more accurate subject line about the post's contents?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Decide what the details are of your event, then create a whole new thread here in this section. Then people will know that it's an event that you are hosting and an official player-created event thread where they can post their guesses.

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
The last post above is pretty much the details. I am trying to keep it really simple...each person gets to chose 3 numbers, lowest and highest global and the highest hof. The amts are listed above and the date is Oct 12th 13:00EU to 14:00EU time. So, I will do as you said and repost here with the information from the above post. If I missed something obvious to you, just let me know. You have had a lot of experience with organizing events which does take a lot of attention to detail. This is my first event...lol..don't know if there will be another...anyways, reposting the information now...LOL

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Ok. the new thread in the Player Created Events section has been created to join in my birthday mining day...lol..I hope some ppl would like to join it because it would be really hard to get a piece of birthday cake to everyone...lol

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
I'm posting time change on both threads because I want to make sure anyone participating is aware of the change. I'm moving my mining event time back 1 hour to 14:00-15:00 EU time (10 am to 11am EST --New York Time) from original 13:00-14:00 time I wanted to so. My kid's school buses have been fluky in picking up my kids for school and at times, they haven't been showing up which means either my husband or myself need to take them. If problem was to happen on the 12th, I may not be back in time to start at 9am. So, as a precaution, I am backing things up one hour to 14:00 EU time.

Sorry...

Top Bottom