Ill throw my two pedlings in as well...

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Suggestions to make Monria the best planet to work on.

You have two Mining missions for DSEC, which I believe means Monria Exclusive?

More mining missions would be totally awesome, BUT....
I just completed my Zoldenite I mission today and was rewarded with Prospecting :( Zoldenite is an enmat.

MA is very anal about changing existing missions but is there any way that we could add more missions and for enmat mining missions make the reward Surveyor skills?

Surveying is hard already to level up in the game because it takes less ped per drop. If you could give people missions to do that would increase surveying without the rote mining slow learning via normal enmat mining, that would be a HUGE draw to the planet. That plus the daily craft would be uber really.

Thank you
sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Suggestions to make Monria the best planet to work on.

You have two Mining missions for DSEC, which I believe means Monria Exclusive?

More mining missions would be totally awesome, BUT....
I just completed my Zoldenite I mission today and was rewarded with Prospecting :( Zoldenite is an enmat.

MA is very anal about changing existing missions but is there any way that we could add more missions and for enmat mining missions make the reward Surveyor skills?

Surveying is hard already to level up in the game because it takes less ped per drop. If you could give people missions to do that would increase surveying without the rote mining slow learning via normal enmat mining, that would be a HUGE draw to the planet. That plus the daily craft would be uber really.

Thank you
sluggo

See, this is a learning process for us, to discover not only what's working and what's not working, but also get suggestions from the community members on how we can improve or complement what we already have.

Great ideas, and since I see Anhithe has liked your post, he is aware of your suggestions, so I'm sure they got placed on his list of things to review. If not, I got it on my list and when he and I meet up again for a chat, community suggestions is something we're going to review to prioritize. We need to find out from MindArk what options we have.

Elevating Monria to a far greater experience all around is our goal, and we want to do that in partnership with the community, so this is great stuff. As a new team, we need to know these things in order to move forward and upwards.

Thanks Sluggo. :)

sluggo

Shop Owner
You are very welcome and thank you for taking notice. It is nice to see Planet Partners / Owners actually listening to the players and taking suggestions to heart. Yes we KNOW it takes a while to get MA to do anything but knowing it may be in the works is a nice start.

Thank you
Sluggo

sluggo

Shop Owner
Let me also add, for the mining mission, can we get some for possibly for Oil and Lyst. That way when you hit it, instead of saying, aww CRAP, you can say, well.... at least it gets points towards SOMETHING (the mission) :D

sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Let me also add, for the mining mission, can we get some for possibly for Oil and Lyst. That way when you hit it, instead of saying, aww CRAP, you can say, well.... at least it gets points towards SOMETHING (the mission) :D

sluggo

You crack me up, but I like your ideas. Creative thinking is the beginning of progress, even if all ideas can't be implemented, but we sure will entertain possibilities. :D

sluggo

Shop Owner
Just thought of this one.
Was discussing the DSEC Finder for mining in another thread. This is a monria specific item. From what I have seen there are two levels
8 and 30.
If possible, how about some new prints, to make one in the mid range, say level 15 to 16, that way we are keeping people using Monria specific stuff and it's not such a canyon to jump to get from 8 to 30. I can actually use a 20 or so now but let's make it 15 to basically split the difference tween the two.

sluggo

Crazyshadow

Monria Trader & Crafter
Just thought of this one.
Was discussing the DSEC Finder for mining in another thread. This is a monria specific item. From what I have seen there are two levels
8 and 30.
If possible, how about some new prints, to make one in the mid range, say level 15 to 16, that way we are keeping people using Monria specific stuff and it's not such a canyon to jump to get from 8 to 30. I can actually use a 20 or so now but let's make it 15 to basically split the difference tween the two.

sluggo

There are 3 monria specific finders at the moment:

DSEC L2 (lvl 0 to lvl 5)

DSEC L12 (min lvl 12 & maxed at 15) 480m depth if I remember right

DSEC L30 (min lvl 30 & maxed at 35) around 900m depth

I went with DSECL12 from lvl 13 all the way to lvl 33. 480m depth is very fine with current indoors system here, from 480m to 900m, you wont notice much difference in ores/enmatters distribution (exept from finding Xeremite once every 15k drops). The big difference is when you reach the 300-400m compared to 100m depth. Way less lyst/oil.

I cant wait to discover the DSEC L50 tho (following the logic & Caly finders) it will come out one day :p

Last edited:

sluggo

Shop Owner
Ive noticed that when I use a T4 I find more of the Monrian ores, than when I use my T105. They tend to be deeper too, most of the times at the very edge / out of range of the 105.

By 'find' the 50 do you mean a print drops when you are crafting?
sluggo

Crazyshadow

Monria Trader & Crafter
Ive noticed that when I use a T4 I find more of the Monrian ores, than when I use my T105. They tend to be deeper too, most of the times at the very edge / out of range of the 105.

By 'find' the 50 do you mean a print drops when you are crafting?
sluggo

Finder depth is not the only factor to influence the ores/enmatters distribution. Just by mining on weekdays vs week-end day in a same zone with same finders and you will see a huge difference. Its what we call ressource cap :)

By the DSEC L50, it doesnt exist yet, I hope for a BP to drop in a future update :rolleyes:

Allo Aloo everyone! First off I'd like to say thanks again to DarkMoon for a nice lil chat & splat in the craters recently ;p It's nice to see someone behind the scenes who has genuine compassion and flare for the success of both customers/citizens and the company ;)

Today was my 2nd day ever on Monria and much like a lot of folks I came here primarily for the daily craft mission.. not really sure otherwise what to expect. I'll tie in my first 2cents right here... it seems to me that the DSEC daily 500 mission would need to first be unlocked in the starter chains... kind of odd that I could do that mission almost immediately after landing but spent a couple hours exploring Monria to reach the "craft a monrian power system" part of the primary mission chain. In my opinion it would be a huge opp for Monria to give a brief tour of highlight areas/activities (such as the chains are designed to do mostly), so that players know more about the entire planet rather than just coming to play the slot machines ;p

Here are some of my initial thoughts as a seasoned moonoober:

*If Monria is tailored to new players why is there only low-hit-rate indoor mining available? 100ped of ammo can provide a fun 30min+ hunting experience for a new player here on Monria... But give that noob 100ped of probes instad... after 5 mins they will be feeding all their possessions to the TT for probes, and after another 45 seconds will be filling out an explicit feedback form or spamming chat how to dig back up their probes ;p

*I can appreciate having a variety of unique mob types and some of the names are quite creative and/or amusing, but personally when I see a L2 or L3 in the title I wanna know if its a chirpy or a gradivore (on a side note, looks like you got some rogue Shoggoths/Yogs who have erased their own mob name or it has finally been shot off over time). Certainly my own first encounter with the pretentious"L3" mob ;p

*Are new, exclusive, or migrating mobs planned anytime soon? I think even steak, wine, cheese, and ale become less appealing after awhile if nothing else is ever available.

*EVENTS!!! I believe a key niche for Monria is an even greater sense of a smaller, organized, tight nit community.. where friends meet up for daily/weekly/monthly repeating events... some hosted by mgmt and others by established residents. I haven't made it all the way through the forums yet so I'm sure there's already a lot o great ideas relating to this, and sounds like we got a great crew to lead the way ;)

*Refresh rates are pretty rough on my system compared to Caly & Ark for example... NPC's literally take 30-60sec to load when entering an area (such as the central crater tp). The lag monster has been even more intimidating than the mysterious L3's... I feel compelled to put down the bottle every time I attempt the spiral stairs at central hub.

My last suggestion atm is really more of a global/platform thing but just throwing out some seeds... The HUGE majority of all trades done on any AH in EU are between Calypso & Arkadia... just seems like a double waste having small AH's, especially like RT's "The Thing" AH... has there actually ever been a single item posted there? ;p If EU could somehow consolidate the AH's and yet retain whatever "niche" or leverage that a planet-specific AH provides (such as planet-only resources), I believe it would ultimately boost *all* markets if nothing else by guaranteeing your AH offer or order will be seen by *ALL PLAYERS* and hence an even more competitive price! Heck, even keep the delivery fee as it is...if buyer is on different planet than where seller posts then exactly same rules as now.. item will still either need or not need to be delivered off planet to buyer.

-Treb

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Allo Aloo everyone! First off I'd like to say thanks again to DarkMoon for a nice lil chat & splat in the craters recently ;p It's nice to see someone behind the scenes who has genuine compassion and flare for the success of both customers/citizens and the company ;)

Today was my 2nd day ever on Monria and much like a lot of folks I came here primarily for the daily craft mission.. not really sure otherwise what to expect. I'll tie in my first 2cents right here... it seems to me that the DSEC daily 500 mission would need to first be unlocked in the starter chains... kind of odd that I could do that mission almost immediately after landing but spent a couple hours exploring Monria to reach the "craft a monrian power system" part of the primary mission chain. In my opinion it would be a huge opp for Monria to give a brief tour of highlight areas/activities (such as the chains are designed to do mostly), so that players know more about the entire planet rather than just coming to play the slot machines ;p

*If Monria is tailored to new players why is there only low-hit-rate indoor mining available? 100ped of ammo can provide a fun 30min+ hunting experience for a new player here on Monria... But give that noob 100ped of probes instad... after 5 mins they will be feeding all their possessions to the TT for probes, and after another 45 seconds will be filling out an explicit feedback form or spamming chat how to dig back up their probes ;p

*I can appreciate having a variety of unique mob types and some of the names are quite creative and/or amusing, but personally when I see a L2 or L3 in the title I wanna know if its a chirpy or a gradivore (on a side note, looks like you got some rogue Shoggoths/Yogs who have erased their own mob name or it has finally been shot off over time). Certainly my own first encounter with the pretentious"L3" mob ;p

*Are new, exclusive, or migrating mobs planned anytime soon? I think even steak, wine, cheese, and ale become less appealing after awhile if nothing else is ever available.

*EVENTS!!! I believe a key niche for Monria is an even greater sense of a smaller, organized, tight nit community.. where friends meet up for daily/weekly/monthly repeating events... some hosted by mgmt and others by established residents. I haven't made it all the way through the forums yet so I'm sure there's already a lot o great ideas relating to this, and sounds like we got a great crew to lead the way ;)

*Refresh rates are pretty rough on my system compared to Caly & Ark for example... NPC's literally take 30-60sec to load when entering an area (such as the central crater tp). The lag monster has been even more intimidating than the mysterious L3's... I feel compelled to put down the bottle every time I attempt the spiral stairs at central hub.

My last suggestion atm is really more of a global/platform thing but just throwing out some seeds... The HUGE majority of all trades done on any AH in EU are between Calypso & Arkadia... just seems like a double waste having small AH's, especially like RT's "The Thing" AH... has there actually ever been a single item posted there? ;p If EU could somehow consolidate the AH's and yet retain whatever "niche" or leverage that a planet-specific AH provides (such as planet-only resources), I believe it would ultimately boost *all* markets if nothing else by guaranteeing your AH offer or order will be seen by *ALL PLAYERS* and hence an even more competitive price! Heck, even keep the delivery fee as it is...if buyer is on different planet than where seller posts then exactly same rules as now.. item will still either need or not need to be delivered off planet to buyer.

-Treb

Well hello YOU, glad you made it to the forum, and thank you for your observances and all your suggestions/opinions, it's what helps us to move forward when we have the tools available to move forward. :)

I will respond properly to your post a little later because I have something going on at the moment. However, I wanted to let you know that I'm working on that little story with snapshots and video from our unexpected fun adventure yesterday. I really enjoyed it, and look forward to what other adventures will unexpectedly pop up. I seem to fall into a "lost in the crater" noob these days, but I'm working on it. :D

Have fun catching up with the forum content.

By no means was I trying to set a negative tone about the way mining on Monria currently works.. I know a lot of miners do well, have fun, and really appreciate the tax savings. I just feel it would be helpful and avoid confustion/expectations for the new players if they had a realistic sense of how much ped they will be getting out of the game by mining straight out of the box. I am new to the indoor mining style and I can see how new players might think their finders are broken or otherwise expect Monria to have same hit-rate as the large planets. About as far as I would even suggest my idea to go would be incorporate a more hands-on short mission chain to demonstrate mining and in the process explain how they'll be less finds but larger takes, etc.. ideally to have a small sandbox area for them to do the mission in... the ultmate would be if they could do a side-by-side comparison of Monria-style mining vs say Caly style mining, but I have no idea what's involved re the coding and politics to do that.

Ohoh btw.. something I've only attended a couple of times in EU (and in real life) turned out to be a blast in all occasions... SCAVENGER HUNTS! ;P I am a master at hiding my lil eggs here and there so one day u may run across one *heh heh heh* so I'd be more than happy to assist with setup/referee, etc..

Last edited:

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team

Hey Treb, thanks for stopping by and giving us some feedback you seemed to be having fun in #monria :) DM is great and we love her too :)

I agree on the mission chains and we would like to get creative going forward on how we can encourage people to move around a try different areas/locations. It's on our to do list to look into the mission chains and see if we can add creative ways of encouraging reasons to be in different places and to have fun doing it. We have been guiding our planning on the feedback though and it's looking like we might have bigger fish to fry first but we're not going anywhere so :)

I wondered something similar when I got the Moon so I gave a couple of people that didn't have much in the way of mining skills rookie finders and probes, one came back with a 30 odd pedder the others profited - so go figure. I think over time and through the mentors we'll understand it better. The CAs will be handing out starter packs and there's a mining phase in it too so hopefully this will give great feedback. My feeling is that you need a fairly decent ped cycle to mine in indoor mining areas, even unamped mining at low depths. I used to switch a fair bit to surface mining with low finders on CND when I thought it was the right time to do it but as a new player I would have mined across Calypso (with no tp chip and vehicles didn't exist then). This was a great way to spend time exploring but Caly is massive in comparison. I'm not sure if even creating a non indoor mining area is an option on Monria. We're a small community and part of the thinking with the travel program is that it might be better for new players to try mining on a different planet and see if it is for them (and hopefully come home on the return flight:)).

This is something I think we can look into, I personally like the originality even though it did confuse me a bit. I agree that those rogue L3 guys need to be dealt with one way or another :p

We can't really go into details on this and we're looking at our development plan and basing it on feedback and what is possible. I'll need to prioritize what we can do in the budget. Not sure about the steak, wine, cheese and ale though as I think I could live quite a happy life with just that diet! Actually scrap that, add Indian food and Guiness then I'm set. On a more serious note we are looking at content we can add to achieve some of this in 2016 and beyond.

Great point and we want events to be massive for us and part of why we have a Chief Fun Officer!! We want what we do here to be about fun, events and competition. We currently have no event areas yet so we need to be as creative as we can be but going forward we want lots of events. I'm also contributing a lot of apartments to this initiative (some have already been won) so that friends of Monria feel a part of what we're doing and also that the apartments are initially earned rather than merely bought.

Thanks for this, I will raise it - I guess it is related to the graphical assets. I've not had much lag myself but it was mentioned at the New Years Eve Party by a couple of people.

This is something that I will have no influence over as it is related to balancing across planets and items etc. For our part I would love for the shops to thrive and we will do things to encourage traffic there going forward. We probably need traders etc to buy from players but the Travel service will hopefully help too. If this means we always have an empty auction house then so be it I am considering using the order system though for resources I need from other planets, possibly timed over the weekend during the travel schedule...

Ok lets see if I messed up that multi-quote, thanks for taking the time to post it's really helped me to think about some things! Yea messed up multi-quotes there might be a few edits...

Ant

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
@ Treb -- I'm working on a little story and video from our unexpected adventure the other day, and I'm shooting to have it posted by tomorrow at least. Things have been a bit frenetic. Yours is quicker putting together than @Angel Of Shadows and her Shub annihilation that I was privileged to get video footage of - it will take a while to get it sorted properly, but that's coming too. I love being out in the Moon wild with the natives, and the wannabe natives. :D

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Ohoh btw.. something I've only attended a couple of times in EU (and in real life) turned out to be a blast in all occasions... SCAVENGER HUNTS! ;P I am a master at hiding my lil eggs here and there so one day u may run across one *heh heh heh* so I'd be more than happy to assist with setup/referee, etc..

I'm also a fan of scavenger hunts and we had one at the impromptu New Years eve party we had, there was a disco, a fashion contest, snowball fight and a scavenger hunt with some bad clues. A few of our new inhabitants won apartments from that night and I had a blast. I think we will probably run another one at some point :)

Hey Treb, thanks for stopping by and giving us some feedback you seemed to be having fun in #monria :) DM is great and we love her too :)

WOW I sure managed to butcher this reply lol... guess it's time to freshen up on HTML and blog interface. Hopefully most of my replies will be intelligible lol...

I wondered something similar when I got the Moon so I gave a couple of people that didn't have much in the way of mining skills rookie finders and probes, one came back with a 30 odd pedder the others profited - so go figure. I think over time and through the mentors we'll understand it better. The CAs will be handing out starter packs and there's a mining phase in it too so hopefully this will give great feedback. My feeling is that you need a fairly decent ped cycle to mine in indoor mining areas, even unamped mining at low depths. I used to switch a fair bit to surface mining with low finders on CND when I thought it was the right time to do it but as a new player I would have mined across Calypso (with no tp chip and vehicles didn't exist then). This was a great way to spend time exploring but Caly is massive in comparison. I'm not sure if even creating a non indoor mining area is an option on Monria. We're a small community and part of the thinking with the travel program is that it might be better for new players to try mining on a different planet and see if it is for them (and hopefully come home on the return flight:)).

I am still very much a rookie miner and have mostly goofed around using untiered rookie T and an F101 I just tiered to V (get some rather odd results using a surface finder with five depth enhancers lol). That is great how you have helped players start out with the equipment, and as I said earlier, the main point I wanted to stress was just that the new players have more UNDERSTANDING of how mining works and how it is quite different in certain locations and based on equipment.

We can't really go into details on this and we're looking at our development plan and basing it on feedback and what is possible. I'll need to prioritize what we can do in the budget. Not sure about the steak, wine, cheese and ale though as I think I could live quite a happy life with just that diet! Actually scrap that, add Indian food and Guiness then I'm set. On a more serious note we are looking at content we can add to achieve some of this in 2016 and beyond

Haha! So shall I prepare my Stein of Quenching (L) for the new Indian Guiness mobs upon my next arrival? ;p

This is something that I will have no influence over as it is related to balancing across planets and items etc. For our part I would love for the shops to thrive and we will do things to encourage traffic there going forward. We probably need traders etc to buy from players but the Travel service will hopefully help too. If this means we always have an empty auction house then so be it I am considering using the order system though for resources I need from other planets, possibly timed over the weekend during the travel schedule...

That is GREAT to hear your stand on encouraging player shops on Monria.. I would love to see more activity on that front... sad to see so many "Reopening 01/01/2015", etc signs on abandoned stores.

Ok lets see if I messed up that multi-quote, thanks for taking the time to post it's really helped me to think about some things! Yea messed up multi-quotes there might be a few edits...

Ant

Thank You for your excellent feedback feedback ;) I look forward to sharing more ideas and seeing great new things on Monria!

Last edited:
@ Treb -- I'm working on a little story and video from our unexpected adventure the other day, and I'm shooting to have it posted by tomorrow at least. Things have been a bit frenetic. Yours is quicker putting together than @Angel Of Shadows and her Shub annihilation that I was privileged to get video footage of - it will take a while to get it sorted properly, but that's coming too. I love being out in the Moon wild with the natives, and the wannabe natives. :D
Haha that is awesome of you to be doing all this.. I look forward to seeing what you create! ;)

Top Bottom