Information in Update alerts on Monria and EU generally

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Hi all. I'm posting this on the Monria forum mainly for the benefit of the MA people who review the forums to please read since they control loot and it is a taboo point of discussion with game players.

I have been a Monrian born since March 2016. I have always made it clear that mining is foremost in my interests but I have also enjoyed hunting as well. The updates for Monria when they happen, have always involve the interest of hunting exclusively..(i.e. mobs and improving them). It has been asked by me as well as many others before I started with EU that the mining on Monria be more developed (balanced) and for more valuable mark up ores/ematters be added to Monria. In the last two years, none of the updates have effected mining at all including the most recent one today.

In addition, there is a problem that short circuits miners when a higher level miner begins to amp mine on Monria. It happens to me anymore only when on Monria which is part of the reason why I have limited my mining on Monria. Simply put, when a higher level miner begins an amped mining run, the lower level miners below them in skill or tools gets "disconnected" so basically, any progress made in the run towards a hof or global gets taken away from the disconnected player because when they log back on, their game progress is "reset". Then, suddenly the lower level miners below the higher level amped miner, will find fewer claims after this relog has happened. This problem has happened to me on many occasions since I first started mining on Monria. It is making Monria look bad in its reputation for having good mining when people don't find claims like they used to find claims even with experience and better skills.

So, two requests/suggestions.

1. Please do an update to improve indoor mining with better MU ores/ematters and better balancing Monria.

2. Please address the program issue that causes mining players to be disconnected when a higher level miner begins an amped mining run so their progress isn't accidentally forced into a "reset" that could cost them globals/hofs.

Thanks for your time and attention.

PZ

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ant can respond to your post, but I'll just say this ...

Our new Yog Hatchling pet has an exclusive excavator speed increase buff for miners, and the rare Yog Horror pet has the same only much stronger ... that buff is exclusive to Monria,

With regard to everything else, that's Ant's domain.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey Princess,

I'll pass on your suggestions. I don't get involved in balancing as it wouldn't be fair but I can make sure your feedback is noted!

On the rest, I have to hold my hands up as I have made a conscious decision to focus on Hunting in the last couple of releases. I have a lot of feedback from the community across all the professions and I've had to make some priority calls on the order I want to implement new content. This also takes a long time, even before this release was out I've already been working on our next release for a number of months and building concepts for future possible releases. The cycle time is quite long to get all this done, especially the way I want them done and there'll also be bugs and tweaks along the way. I say this more to lower expectations even though it would be easy for me to promise things and worry about it later. I don't think there is a magic bullet for mining on Monria but I do have some concepts I am working on that may or may not end up in a VU.

I've quite enjoyed indoor mining, I tend to mix my game play more now as its primarily focused on understanding Monria as best I can, but I do have some opinions that's driving the order of my development and the priorities I set. If I look around we have FOMA with big rectangular domes easy to check your spacing, no mobs, and different ore distributions - it's quite straightforward to figure out which domes are hot and then drop some big amps. We have the underground, Hell, soon we will have the Arkadia moon. We might even have more indoor mining areas from the other planets in the future. We are the only un-taxed indoor mining area but I never hear that as a reason for people mining here. I hear that people rotate around the indoor mining areas based on luck or tactics and Monria is part of that, or people enjoy mining as part of their activity on Monria. I don't see Monria as growing into a carbon copy of these areas but more of our own place that happens to have indoor mining.

I think the Ore/Enmatter MU is a valid point and I can remember with old CND when I'd be delighted to get narc and sell it for 200% or Cald at 140% etc. This is what I think is key for Monria in the longer term. We only have two unique minerals on Monria, Zoldenite and Maldarite. What we need is for these to be desired and perhaps some day for there to be a purpose that requires more resources. The order here is important, I see no point in adding unique resources and then tagging on some random purpose later. For this to happen we likely need crafters to be motivated to craft things that need them. Consumers of the crafted items are one of the things that motivate crafters. So I'm focusing on the consumers at the moment, our player base who like to hunt and complete missions, enjoy content and compete in events. I have very early stage concepts that if possible will help to drive demand for resources but it is too early to say if this will end up in a VU in the future. Miners are important to me, but it is taking me time to improve the hunting experience and I expect the same for Miners.

I appreciate your feedback on mining on Monria. I have also had other feedback from indoor miners and I've taken it on board and also passed on this feedback. I will take the opportunities when I can to contribute to the different professions which is why we added the mining box via SOTO and the drilling buff to the Yog pet, they were both suggestions from within the community that I was able to get done. Unfortunately there are also things that get suggested that for various reasons I'm not able to get done.

Anyway, that's probably the best way I can articulate how I'm approaching all of this. I may not be right in all my decisions but there's a lot of thought goes into them and just wanted to share :)

Thanks
Ant

SachemUrsa

Princess

As a low level miner, I feel your pain about mining on Monria. Sadly there is little Ant can do about it.

I did make a suggestion about adding MiGo Miners with loot of mined materials, but even that would be a major update, and may not be possible at all.

MA did recently tweak mining slightly in favor of low level miners. Very minor, but noticeable for outdoor mining. Small finds have a slight increase in amount. Some people have told me the number of finds for low level have been slightly increased for indoor mining.

Will be checking out its effects on indoor mining while on Monria myself while here

SachemUrsa

Ant

As for you focus on hunting, I agree with your approach.

Most players hunt a lot or are dedicated hunters, so improvements to hunting will benefit the most players. The recent update is awesome for a number of reasons.

Most importantly it is a boon to hunters and team hunting. The new pets, especially the Yog with its unique mining buff will bring a lot of players to Monria, and the hunting opportunities will keep them coming back.

It should also help crafting as more loot will become available

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
OK. Thanks. Your note does help me to understand what is motion and future plans. I will admit every time I have heard of an update on Monria, I was looking first into the mining when I got to Monria to see the changes. It may help me (and maybe others) if when there is an update, it can clarify that mining hasn't been affected as of yet in that particular update. lol..any more clarification other than mining not being affected need not be mentioned since that would ruin the surprise to exploring the changes that an update would do. A clarification in this way won't result in a hopeful expectation for mining changes when there won't be one for a given update. FYI>> I will be doing backflips when I do finally see one that says it "will include changes in mining"..:jumpclap:jumpclap:jumpclap

Top Bottom